“Ok not great”
Review of The Crab Trap

The Crab Trap
Ranked #1 of 68 Restaurants in Somers Point
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: The Crab Trap The Finest Seafood Restaurant in Somers Point. In business for over 40+ Years! Family owned & Operated. Voted "Best Seafood Restaurant", "Gold 2009 Press Reader's Poll", Voted "Best Lobster Dinner", "Bronze 2009 Press Reader's Poll" in Somers Point.
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

This is the second time my husband & I have been to The Crab Trap.
We ordered the appetizer combo
2 each of BBQ clams, clams casino & oyster rockefeller. This is very good.
I ordered macadamia crusted halibut.
Now the crust was only on top not fully covering the fish. I eat a lot of seafood this piece of halibut tasted like it was previously frozen and was slightly over cooked.
My husband ordered the crab cakes and they had a lot of filler.
It's ok I'd try elsewhere but it's hard at the shore not find get seafood places that are not tourist traps.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

I lived in Wildwood N.J. for many years and still return the area a few times a year. The Crab Trap located in Somers Point has been a successful establishment for as long as I can remember. It’s always busy and the food is very consistent. It’s got a typical seashore look, a large dinning room, a bar and overall this is a very safe choice to get a good meal at a fair price. They offer early bird deals which make this place busy, Busy BUSY. I’m not kidding! I usually go there before 4 PM to eat dinner so I don’t have to wait around. Parking is also a chore even though the parking lot is big, they always seem to be full. No place stays this busy serving bad food. It’s a good restaurant, but see if you can make a reservation or you’ll be waiting, waiting, waiting…

1  Thank Carbs88
Reviewed 9 June 2014

My family and I were first time visitors on 6/9/2014 and just my "ROTTEN LUCK" I found a piece of rubber band in my soup!!! Of course I told my waiter and he sent over his manager. The manager apologized for what apparently was the band used to tie lobster claws and told me that my meal was on the house. It is not my style to react angrily or make a scene but I left the restaurant feeling a lack of real customer satisfaction. I feel there should have been an effort and plea to invite me back. :(
What would have been the reaction if I consumed this object and ended up in the hospital?
I pray this does not happen to me again or to anyone else, but I will be more reactive in the future. I am sorry, but better food safety needs to be addressed before a dinner is served.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Just had dinner at the Trap again last night with my wife and as usual everything was very good. When we arrived the wait was an hour so my wife and I walked back to Crabby Jacks and grabbed a drink while we waited. After about a half hour our buzzer went off and we were seated promptly.

If you are looking for a 5-star meal you are not at the right place BUT if you are looking for a very well priced and tasty seafood meal in Ocean City, you are at the right place!

Get the Steak and Cake, great value and portions for the price!

Reviewed 9 June 2014

We always start and end our vacations to OC here. We love it!! Whoever wrote that it's a tourist trap was clearly never there in the winter when there's a wait and it's full of the locals from OC and the surrounding towns. We were there May 30 and June 4 and had excellent food and superb service. We've been coming for years and looking forward to our next meal there!!