“Mr. Maher Kobeissi; General Manager and staff provided wonderful customer service”

Sonesta ES Suites Somers Point
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Somers Point
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We have stayed here numerous times and we can't say enough nice things about this hotel that is right near Ocean City, NJ and the beautiful beaches and fun boardwalk. We have been staying here for numerous years and plan a trip here every summer so that we can take advantage of the wonderful accomodations the hotel provides. The pent house suite in particular is very roomy and has enough room for 6 people to sleep comfortably. Moreover, the staff is very polite and helpful, especially General Manager Mr. Maher Kobeissi who helped me with my stay. He was very professional, friendly and very helpful. He even extended himself by giving me his email so that in the future he may be of service to me and my family. I would definately recommend staying here at this hotel for many reasons. Not only is it close to the beach, but it has a wonderful free hot breakfast and lovely pool to relax and swim in. The hotel also accepts dogs which is also very helpful if you have pets.

Room Tip: Pack a bag with swimsuit so that you may use the pool while waiting to check in. They will try their...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank L M

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Have stayed at this particular hotel on two separate occasions and each have been very positive stays. 1) Location is excellent (close to Atlantic City, Ocean City, and Somers Point Bay and restaurant areas-tons of golf courses close by as well), 2) Outstanding customer service (Evelyn in sales great) housekeeping/front desk/housekeeping all very efficient and friendly 3) Has outdoor pool (small but decent) and grill areas 4) Although fitness area very lacking they do offer temp membership at Snap fitness close by which is a huge benefit. Only drawback is offerings at managers reception could be a little more robust but at least they have three of them per week (mon-wed), but with Ocean City and Somers Point restaurants so close by finding great food not a problem!

Room Tip: The rooms at rear of hotel (not a high-rise-the more apartment style rooms) have a decent view of ma...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Awesome place. Had a family wedding close and stayed here for a night. I couldn't believe the size of the room - 2 BD, 2 BA suite. It was clean, full kitchen, nice living area. The hot breakfast (included) was outstanding - waffles, eggs, frech toast, sausage, potatoes, ... Great deal at $149/night. Not sure peak season and non-wedding rate, but this place was great. Thanks.

Room Tip: The location is great for any room. Make sure you get a suite.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank John C
Reviewed 1 June 2014

My wife and I stayed here on our first road trip with our new daughter. We wanted to get close to the beach and this was the closest Marriott (had a free room) to Ocean City. Would stay here again in a heartbeat as it was 5 minute drive to beach, walking distance to Liquor Store and Point DIner and great spot for morning walk/run across the bridge. Room was fantastic with full kitchen and a grocery story just a mile away was very convenient for us. Breakfast was average but the pool looked good (a little cold for us this time of year so we didn't get in) but they also have a nice basketball court and grilling area.

Downfalls: The view of the water was a little disappointing as they had large tree's that were in the way for some reason. If you're within eye shot (although not very close), why plant trees that block it. Also, the deck was very old and tiny and we questioned the safety of it. The chair they had out there looked like it hadn't been touched in 4 years so we steered clear of spending any time out there.

All-in-all, we would stay here again without question if planning on spending some time in Ocean City.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank DaSteeler1
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Room was adequate. Location was perfect for what we wanted. We only needed to stay one night. When I asked the lady where exactly on the road we were located so I could figure out my own directions, she repeatedly showed me the whole road. Either her English was bad or she didn't know the difference between a point and a straight line. A fellow guest finally helped me.

2  Thank 551melm
jonathan g, Front Office Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Somers Point, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2014

Hello,

Thank you for choosing our loaction for you recent stay and Im glad to hear that it was perfect for your needs as well. I do want to apologize about the communication barrier you experienced and rest assured it will be something we look into and work at so it does not occur again. We appreciate your feedback and we hope to see you again!!!

Jonathan Gonzalez
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 12 May 2014

I'll begin with saying that I'm a Marriott/Hilton only kind of person. I take extreme pride & care where I lay my head. Very rarely do I come across a bad Marriott, in fact this was my single most worst experience ever!! We were attending a concert in the city & decided to stay at this location. When we arrived, we only had time to go straight to the concert. When we went to check into the hotel afterwards, the desk clerk had the nerve to say that we got the last room!! Handicap accessible!! Really? We had reservations for a King, high floor & not at a reduced price! This room was very expensive for what we received. Nothing in the room worked..the fireplace, the desk area's outlets were taped, the shower was broken, the hot water lasted about 15 minutes; I could go on & on. I even found some type of dead bug on the bed...& yes I took a picture! As I said, we were in a handicap accessible room, so we were on the ground level. Every time the folks upstairs moved, it woke us up. The walls & floors were paper thin! I have never in my life seen a Marriott of this quality, let alone a Residence Inn! This was definitely no residence of mine. This room did come with breakfast, but with what I'd experience in the room, there was no way I was going to eat there! Additionally, whenever I'm staying in a hotel, I use the gym..Not this time!, Upon checking in, we noticed the one elliptical behind the front desk which further convinced me that I would not be back! If you are used to Marriott's higher qualities, this is NOT the hotel for you!! You're better off at a Super 8! Where you pay for what you get.

Room Tip: Don't stay here, ever!!
4  Thank Stacy M
jonathan g, Front Office Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Somers Point, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Hello,

My most sincere apology that your stay was less than satisfactory on your recent visit to our property. I would like to extend a return visit to our hotel in hopes to be able to give you the Marriott Satisfaction Guarantee stay that you have come to expect from our different brands.

If theres any questions or if I can be specifically be of any assistance please don't hesitate to reach out.

Jonathan Gonzalez
609 927 6400
jonathan.gonzalez@hhg-hotels.com

Reviewed 7 May 2014

We stayed at the Residence Inn in Somers Point for a long weekend while vacationing at Ocean City. The area is very quiet with restaurants in close proximity. Check in at the Inn was quick and our mini suite was clean and comfortable. We had the convenience of a full kitchen and a nice living room area. The Residence Inn offers a complimentary full breakfast buffet every morning and the quality of the breakfast was better than most chain hotels. My only negative comment would be the exterior of the complex is very dated and needs to be renovated or at least given a fresh coat of paint to improve the look! We enjoyed our stay and would return to this location when vacationing in Ocean City.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Somers Point
Watson's Regency Suites
Watson's Regency Suites
#9 of 31 in Ocean City
Residence Inn Atlantic City Airport Egg Harbor Township
Residence Inn Atlantic City Airp...
#3 of 8 in Egg Harbor Township
Econo Lodge Somers Point
Econo Lodge Somers Point
#4 of 7 in Somers Point
Passport Inn
Passport Inn
#3 of 7 in Somers Point

Been to Sonesta ES Suites Somers Point? Share your experiences!