“Clean, Quiet and Comfortable” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Somerset

Fairfield Inn & Suites Somerset
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Somerset
San Antonio, Texas
“Clean, Quiet and Comfortable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

Stayed 3 nights at this location over a weekend and it was one of the better Fairfield’s I have stayed with in awhile. Check in and check out was smooth, Staff was very pleasant and knowledgeable and did not miss one wake up request. Room was very spacious with taller ceilings and I received an upgrade to a Jacuzzi tub king room. I slept well every night, beds not too soft and not too hard, and it is located in a quiet neighborhood. Breakfast was very adequate and the exercise room had enough to stay in shape including a small weight rack. Just down the street is a Ruby Tuesdays next to the Marriott Courtyard and within 5 miles are plenty of eateries, nothing within walking distance however. It is a quick 30-40 minutes to Newark Airport and I even witnessed some deer and geese as I walked the stairs out the windows. I would definitely stay here again and it is easy to see why they are number two for the area. My only recommendation to the hotel would be to consider a better elliptical machine, which I used but seemed to be on its last leg. Great Business hotel with meeting rooms however, there is no pool or Jacuzzi. Highly recommend if in the area. If this review helped, THUMBS UP, video on the YouTube channel. Thanks for reading.

RetiredArmyRANGER

Room Tip: Stay away from elevators.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank RetiredArmyRANGER
Francisco G, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Somerset, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to not only tell us about your experience but also post a video of your room. We do appreciate the feedback and am very glad to know you enjoyed your stay. I am happy to hear that the breakfast as well as the fitness center met your needs. . Thank you again for your kind words and we hope to see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Darien, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

As a project leader for a long term project in the Bridgewater, NJ area, we are happy to have this home away from home for my team and I. As business travelers you cannot ask for more. Comfortable rooms, cleanliness, two TVs, especially above the desk, complimentary and delicious breakfasts. Most importantly, my team and I are treated with respect by the staff at the hotel. I am a Platinum Marriott member, and rank this little gem one of the best places I have stayed at for business.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to let us know about your experiences with us. I am very glad to know that you consider us a home away from home. It is not easy to travel as much as you must travel and be able to call a place home. We look forward to continue to serve you and your team and will continue to provide the experience you have become accustomed to.
Springfield, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014

I go away a few times a year to the Somerset area. The staff at this location is excellent. The beds are amazing as well as their service. The breakfast is also really good not to mention Samir. I wouldn't stay anywhere else when I'm in the Somerset area.

Room Tip: All the conner rooms 230 330 430 these rooms are larger than the other rooms and they're at the...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank James T
I am very happy to hear that you make it a point to come to our hotel every year. I know that you have options when coming to the Somerset, NJ area and am very glad to know that you consistently choose our hotel. I'm glad that the breakfast is always to your liking and Samir will continue to be here to ensure that all your breakfast needs are met. Thank you.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014 via mobile

I like it here. I don't see how it's outdated you have a flat screen TV awesome fluffy pillows (I will take one home one day) a couch not many places have that for a regular room. The staff have always taken good care of me when I stayed never had a problem. Especially that guy Anthony he's awesome.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Karina R
Thank you for your comments about our rooms and about Anthony. I am glad to know that he is able to accommodate your requests every time you stay with us. I am also happy to know that you enjoy everything our rooms have to offer. Thank you again.
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014

This hotel is in the middle of a corporate park. Nothing as far as entertainment other than a couple of sports bars and restaurants in the area. The staff at this hotel is terrific! The beds are AMAZING!!!! The breakfast guy that everyone mentions in the reviews below is truly one of kind! Even during busy mornings he always walks around with a smile. I will definitely return to this property!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank RJohn444
Thank you for your comments. I appreciate the kind words for our staff. I am glad that you were able to get a good nights sleep in and that you enjoy the comfort of our beds. I am also very glad to hear that you also enjoyed our complimentary breakfast. please feel free to visit us again soon.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

I was so excited going to this hotel after reading the reviews and i wasn't even close to being disappointed. And i have always been a fan of the brand one of the few corporate chains of hotels that have the same exterior but a unique interior. And tis great because they have everything you need to not want to leave the hotels i wish i could stay there for a week. The room was awesome bed was comfy the room was huge we want the jacuzzi rooms or spa rooms as they call them but they were sold out. Not a big deal we were only there for a night as we were heading to NYC which is in close proximity to the city.
They best steal is the gym and the free breakfast. there is a attendant there apparently he is pretty famous i found his name all throught the reviews but i cant remember it. His service was stellar the buffet was always cleaned and filled free eggs bacon cereal oatmeal you cant complain about a thing when its free fresh and good.
This a great hotel i can imagine its for business meetings but i can see it as a nice little weekend getaway if you wanna leave the city or you just want piece and tranqulity

Room Tip: Ask for the spa suite nothing like a hot tub in a room to set of the fires of romance
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Topchef3630
Thank you very much for your kind words. I am glad we did not disappoint what your expectations were when coming to our hotel. I am also glad to hear that you found a new getaway location with us. The infamous breakfast attendant everyone comes to see is Samir. I am glad that you had the opportunity to see why he is the hotel's most popular staff member. I hope you come back to visit Samir and the rest of the staff again soon. Thank you again.
Somerset, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

I stayed at the Fairfield Inn and Suites in Somerset NJ for my wedding, where I booked the presidential suite. It was spacious, perfectly clean, and very comfortable. The lighting and huge windows were perfect for my makeup and hair people. The jacuzzi was AMAZING!!! The staff there is absolutely the best, SO accommodating and the breakfast in the morning was fabulous for me and my guests.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for making our hotel a part of your special day. I am glad that your accommodations worked perfectly for you and all your guests and vendors. It really means a lot knowing that we will forever be a part of such a special day. We look forward to having you visit us again in the future including on your anniversaries. Thank you again and congratulations!!