“Clean and Comfortable”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Somerset
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Somerset
Reviewed 23 July 2014

My family and I stayed here for one night while traveling to visit nearby colleges for my daughter. When we arrived, we were pleasantly surprised by how quiet it was. The room was very clean and comfortable. We didn't mind that there wasn't a pool since it was a short stay. The breakfast was delicious and what made it even better was the gentleman who was taking care of the dining area. He is an older man with glasses who greeted everyone with a friendly "Good morning!". He cleaned the tables and kept the hot food plentiful. When he saw that we were waiting for our waffle to finish cooking he told us to sit down and enjoy our coffee and he brought it when it was ready. He moved quickly and never let an empty dish sit on a table for more than a minute or two. We were impressed by how well he does his job. I hope management notices his performance! We certainly did!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank StanandKat

Reviewed 2 June 2014

The Fairfield Inn &Suites in Somerset, NJ is a nice hotel. The hotel and rooms were clean. The bed was comfortable. The room was big with a separate sitting area that had a table and pull-put sofa. There was also a small refrigerator. The bathroom was spacious and the shower was big with good water pressure. The staff at the hotel were very nice and accommodating. We forgot a couple of things and they gladly gave us complimentary items. The hotel is convenient to the interstate and close to the soccer fields my daughter was playing at for a tournament.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank cjfun
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed for three nights during a busy Memorial Day weekend. I was pleasantly surprised with how nice the rooms were. We had a very nice size suite with insanely comfortable beds with big cozy bright white comforters and great pillows! Marriott got this room right! I just stayed at a Ritz Carlton Grand Cayman the week before and must say the beds were more comfortable at this Fairfield! The service at the front desk and breakfast area were also excellent on a very busy weekend! Housekeeping actually came while we were out and gave us full service each day, this didn't even happen at The Ritz(they handed us towels and conditioner). What an unexpected pleasant surprise! Well done! Took us 45 minutes to drive to the Staten Island Ferry from this location. Hotel is very convenient to liquor store, great NJ deli, grocery, etc. They also let us have a late check-out to accommodate our 3:00pm departure. Ritz made us leave at 12:30pm when we were in the same situation with later flight. Great job across the board!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank JAZace
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Stayed here for a wedding over the weekend of May 10. Staff was very accommodating which is very pleasant to see as I have stayed in other marriotts for pleasure been disappointed with the friendliness of the staff . shout out to John Marotta, Peter Makum & Jose Midela! Thank you making my stay so comfortable!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
6  Thank Victoria M
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I stayed here one night for a business trip. It was the closest place to my office that had rooms available. The place was clean and comfortable. The staff was professional and courteous.

I stayed in room 305. The room was very nice. It had everything that I needed for a nights stay.

I enjoyed a delicous and hot breakfast. The gentleman working the breakfast area was very delicious and hot. The gentleman working the breakfast area was helpfil and pleasant.

If I can't find a place closer in the future, I will gladly stay here again.

Room Tip: The only minor issues was that the room did not cool down beyond 70 degrees, even though the thermos...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Don S
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Stayed 3 nights at this location over a weekend and it was one of the better Fairfield’s I have stayed with in awhile. Check in and check out was smooth, Staff was very pleasant and knowledgeable and did not miss one wake up request. Room was very spacious with taller ceilings and I received an upgrade to a Jacuzzi tub king room. I slept well every night, beds not too soft and not too hard, and it is located in a quiet neighborhood. Breakfast was very adequate and the exercise room had enough to stay in shape including a small weight rack. Just down the street is a Ruby Tuesdays next to the Marriott Courtyard and within 5 miles are plenty of eateries, nothing within walking distance however. It is a quick 30-40 minutes to Newark Airport and I even witnessed some deer and geese as I walked the stairs out the windows. I would definitely stay here again and it is easy to see why they are number two for the area. My only recommendation to the hotel would be to consider a better elliptical machine, which I used but seemed to be on its last leg. Great Business hotel with meeting rooms however, there is no pool or Jacuzzi. Highly recommend if in the area. If this review helped, THUMBS UP, video on the YouTube channel. Thanks for reading.

RetiredArmyRANGER

Room Tip: Stay away from elevators.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank WHDSM
Francisco G, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Somerset, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to not only tell us about your experience but also post a video of your room. We do appreciate the feedback and am very glad to know you enjoyed your stay. I am happy to hear that the breakfast as well as the fitness center met your needs. . Thank you again for your kind words and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

As a project leader for a long term project in the Bridgewater, NJ area, we are happy to have this home away from home for my team and I. As business travelers you cannot ask for more. Comfortable rooms, cleanliness, two TVs, especially above the desk, complimentary and delicious breakfasts. Most importantly, my team and I are treated with respect by the staff at the hotel. I am a Platinum Marriott member, and rank this little gem one of the best places I have stayed at for business.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to let us know about your experiences with us. I am very glad to know that you consider us a home away from home. It is not easy to travel as much as you must travel and be able to call a place home. We look forward to continue to serve you and your team and will continue to provide the experience you have become accustomed to.