“Lack of Attention”

Ranked #27 of 114 Restaurants in Somerset
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 10 August 2013

My wife and I were in town for a trade show and were looking for an alternative to the hotel restaurant. The reviews for Ecco Bistro we a little mixed, but we decided to give it a try. The restaurant is very well decorated and the atmosphere is inviting and comfortable. The wait staff is friendly and we were seated immediately. We both were looking for a light dinner and were both pleased with the sandwich and burger that we selected. I was taken back a little to learn that a place as chic as the Ecco did not offer any wine or other alcoholic drinks, but decided I could get by with water. We were informed that there was a beverage store close, if we wanted to buy something and bring in it. Unfortunately, after delivering our meals, the waiter did not reappear until after we were done and the water glass was long empty. The restaurant was not that busy so I attribute this lack of attention to training. Regardless, the food was tasty and well prepared and priced right.

Reviewed 28 July 2013

I recently enjoyed a wonderful meal at Ecco Bistro in a small strip mall off Elizabeth Avenue? The menu choices were plentiful and service was attentive (this was a week night). The meals were delivered steaming hot and we were first served a small plate of bread with oil for dipping. My generous size entree also included a salad with a house dressing of creamy honey mustard which was nicely balanced. They have no liquor license but wine can be purchased several doors down at a shop. Tables are well situated and the decor is modern. Adjacent and connected by a short corridor is a more casual eating area which serves pizza as well as the menu items.

1  Thank tahiti88
Reviewed 27 June 2013

The staff was very helpful when we called for information. The restaurant was clean and nicely designed. We walked right in and was seated right away. The wait staff was excellent and knowledgeable of the menu. We had a lot of questions since it was our first time there. The specials were wonderful with a good variety. The presentation of the food was very good.

We will certainly return to this restaurant with family and friends. I also like that I can order from their pizzeria menu next door. So I can have a quick lunch or sit to fine dining.

1  Thank nnewk1
Reviewed 14 March 2013

The reservation for the group of 15 was made a few days prior to our arrival. This was a lunch after my mother's viewing, funeral and burial. We were seated at seperate tables. We were not able to speak to relatives at other tables due to the distance apart. The restaurant DOES have a back seating area which would have been much more appropriate and fitting. The waitress said, "NO". During our entire stay, no one was seated in the back seating area. During our lunch, the waitress dropped at leat four glasses...sending glass flying every where. We did not feel connected during this time of great loss. Our group of 15 had travelled from at least four different states for this sad occasion. Does your staff have any knowledge, compassion for people who are grieving? Definitely NOT THE PLACE TO GO!!!

1  Thank zebraroo
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Four of us for early dinner at Ecco Bistro turned out to be very nice. An on-line coupon brought us to this Italian and Continental BYOB restaurant for the first time. We were greeted by a young female server and seated promptly. Nicely decorated and at the early time we arrived, very quiet. A few other diners came in during the time we were dining and it looked like they were treated well also.

The food experience:
We shared some Bang-Bang Shrimp and Fried Calamari for appetizers - both were very good and enjoyed by all at our table. Two of our group had pasta dishes (one with Shrimp and one without) that they said were well prepared, delicious and served hot. My dish was a slow-roasted Beef short-ribs over mushroom risotto - likewise, well prepared, served hot and delicious. The fourth in our group ordered a fresh Wasabi tuna prepared rare. She said it was well-prepared and tasty, but the tuna didn't seem as fresh as she would like.

Our experience at this restaurant was pretty good and we will probably return again.