“Great local restaurant”

Ranked #27 of 114 Restaurants in Somerset
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Had a lovely meal here on a very quiet Monday night. We almost dined alone - only one other couple there at a time I would have expected it to be busier. The food was tasty, plentiful and very reasonably priced. Great value in a nicely decorated restaurant with pleasant attentive wait staff.

1  Thank JRAmum
There are newer reviews for Ecco Bistro

Reviewed 26 October 2013

I wished I lived closer to this place. Looking like a pizzeria from the outside, you will be amazed at the art deco interior, I loved it. the ceilings are multi dimensional. .. large contemporary vases... tables and chairs attractive. an enthusiastic welcome, friendly up beat personnel... a menu that gave me trouble ( I liked too many things on it)..because so many things tempted me, I almost ordered another entire dinner to bring home for the next day.. but decided to wait just in case we had left overs.. we ended up with eggplant rollatini appetizer, large ( dinner size) $8l. as a shared appetizer..for dinner, I had rigatoni with pork and spinach sauce, yummy ($ 15?)( after I seasoned it a little) and my friend had pasta and meatballs ($ 14?)( slightly above average) it was accompanied by salads with good dressings and bread with tapenade ? I brought my own wine so the entire dinner experience ended up totally affordable and we have lunch for the next day at the nearby Sugarloaf craft show that we exhibit at, twice a year, In retrospect, no one offered us parmesan cheese.. nor did I think to ask for it, only now ! I did not even glance at desert menu... I did see coffee cups coming by which were adorable.

1  Thank Katya m
Reviewed 28 September 2013

My wife and I had dinner here after following our 14 year old daughter for a national soccer camp all day. Was planning on subways for a light meal (next door). Glad we stepped in. The atmosphere is inviting, the staff welcoming, and service excellent. We started off with several apetizers: Eggplant, Calamari, and Crab Cakes. All were excellent. I had the chicken marsala and my wife had the alfredo. Both were cooked to perfection. We'll definitely add this to our list of favorites if we ever stop by New Jersey again.

2  Thank Kevin M
Reviewed 15 September 2013

My husband and I had our rehearsal dinner at Ecco Bistro a few weeks ago and we couldn't be happier with our experience. The owner was extremely easy to work with and accommodating, the food was DELICIOUS, the servers were attentive, and the place is gorgeous. It was also a plus that we were able to bring our own alcohol which kept the cost down.

Our guests were impressed by the restaurant and I wanted to take the time to thank the owners for making this special occasion one to remember.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
Ava and Gavin

1  Thank Ava T
Reviewed 10 August 2013

My wife and I were in town for a trade show and were looking for an alternative to the hotel restaurant. The reviews for Ecco Bistro we a little mixed, but we decided to give it a try. The restaurant is very well decorated and the atmosphere is inviting and comfortable. The wait staff is friendly and we were seated immediately. We both were looking for a light dinner and were both pleased with the sandwich and burger that we selected. I was taken back a little to learn that a place as chic as the Ecco did not offer any wine or other alcoholic drinks, but decided I could get by with water. We were informed that there was a beverage store close, if we wanted to buy something and bring in it. Unfortunately, after delivering our meals, the waiter did not reappear until after we were done and the water glass was long empty. The restaurant was not that busy so I attribute this lack of attention to training. Regardless, the food was tasty and well prepared and priced right.