“Gluten free and happy!”

Stage House Tavern
Ranked #3 of 116 Restaurants in Somerset
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: THere are two Stage House Taverns = same ownere. One in Scotch Plains, NJ is on tripadvisor, the Somerset one is not.
Reviewed 19 July 2013

We visited this tavern on the recommendation of TripAdvisor and are so happy we did. We sat outside where there were fans blowing to help with the heat. We were very comfortable as a result. The outside patio is well designed with a good flow for service and tables built into little niches so conversation was easy.
The menu is well marked for everything they offer that is gluten free and the selection was nice. My only complaint was that most of the items offered were the more expensive things, but that is pretty typical when gluten free. I was thrilled to be able to eat!
I had the salmon over shrimp risotto and found it to be delicious. My friends who are not gluten free had the chicken ravioli and the BBQ burger and fries. Both said their meals were delicious.
Very glad we stumbled upon this restaurant!

1  Thank delane r

Reviewed 18 July 2013

Maybe we visited this restaurant on an "off" evening. The service was exceedingly slow although the restaurant was only half full. We love our draft beer really cold in iced glasses, but what we received was barely cold even after we asked for our refills in chilled glasses. Also, the AC didn't seem to be working very well and it felt stuffy. Our food orders were correct, tasty and served at appropriate temperatures.

Reviewed 2 July 2013

I travel for work and stumbled across this place,. Great atmosphere with the outdoor seating. When the patio is closed, the noise level is ridiculously loud inside and cannot hear the person next to you. Ravioli's are just ok as my wife is italian so I am a little spoiled. Other than that good food with reasonable prices.

Reviewed 14 June 2013

We went for happy hour and unknowingly were seated in the restaurant not the bar. We asked our waitress what draft beer was available for happy hour. We ordered 2 beers and an appetizer (1/2 price during happy hour), the tilapia and rigatoni bolognese. The food was good. The service, was rushed. The surprise was that we did not get the happy hour prices because we were not seated at the bar. The website says happy hour in the bar.

Reviewed 6 June 2013

On driving into the parking lot the smell of smokekouse hardwood permeates the air. Salivating at the smells I sat down at the spacious patio bar and asked for the bar-b-que menu - it had raw bar information and sides dishes, confused but not wanting to appear lost ordered an ice cold Bass Ale (at happy hr price:) and politely inquired, " how to get some of great smelling feast." The bar tender said not a problem would you like anything else. I ordered the calamari at HH half price and a side of seasonal veggies. After sipping my beer still confused i inquired about my order, the cost and what in it? The cost was free or whatever I chose to pay(with the return of a gift cert. in same amount for future use)
In short the free all you can eat BBQ was abundant and tasted fabulous; pulled pork/chicken and beef, beef brisket, sausage sweet and hot plus a rib-all juicy smokey and flavorful!
The veggies for crisp and succulent and the calamari was ok.
You got to try this place.