“Best local restaurant in the area”
Review of Stage House Tavern

Stage House Tavern
Ranked #3 of 113 Restaurants in Somerset
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: THere are two Stage House Taverns = same ownere. One in Scotch Plains, NJ is on tripadvisor, the Somerset one is not.
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Superb atmosphere, Perfect for families or happy hours. Very good food and affordable! Make sure to get there earlier on weekends as it fills up quickly.

There are newer reviews for Stage House Tavern

Reviewed 6 October 2013

I went to Stage House last year for a baby shower and wasn't that impressed. They funneled us out of the party room into the main room for the brunch buffet. The other patrons were annoyed because our line had to snake through the dining room. I felt like the food was just alright that day. However, after another trip recently for dinner, my made was changed for the better. The restaurant was pretty busy but our waitress was attentive. Our friends had to park in a different lot since it was so crowded, but for the trouble, Stage House offered them a free drink. When a large party had come in having had a reservation, our server politely asked us to switch from our table to a booth so they could accommodate them, & again they offered drinks on the house. I really enjoyed the ravioli I had and my husband and our friends enjoyed their food as well. I would go back and try it again.

Reviewed 19 July 2013

We visited this tavern on the recommendation of TripAdvisor and are so happy we did. We sat outside where there were fans blowing to help with the heat. We were very comfortable as a result. The outside patio is well designed with a good flow for service and tables built into little niches so conversation was easy.
The menu is well marked for everything they offer that is gluten free and the selection was nice. My only complaint was that most of the items offered were the more expensive things, but that is pretty typical when gluten free. I was thrilled to be able to eat!
I had the salmon over shrimp risotto and found it to be delicious. My friends who are not gluten free had the chicken ravioli and the BBQ burger and fries. Both said their meals were delicious.
Very glad we stumbled upon this restaurant!

1  Thank delane r
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Maybe we visited this restaurant on an "off" evening. The service was exceedingly slow although the restaurant was only half full. We love our draft beer really cold in iced glasses, but what we received was barely cold even after we asked for our refills in chilled glasses. Also, the AC didn't seem to be working very well and it felt stuffy. Our food orders were correct, tasty and served at appropriate temperatures.

Reviewed 2 July 2013

I travel for work and stumbled across this place,. Great atmosphere with the outdoor seating. When the patio is closed, the noise level is ridiculously loud inside and cannot hear the person next to you. Ravioli's are just ok as my wife is italian so I am a little spoiled. Other than that good food with reasonable prices.