“Lively Atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Stage House Tavern

Stage House Tavern
Ranked #3 of 111 Restaurants in Somerset
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Kids, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: THere are two Stage House Taverns = same ownere. One in Scotch Plains, NJ is on tripadvisor, the Somerset one is not.
Exton, Pennsylvania
“Lively Atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

Service was very good and atmosphere was fun. My husband and I split a large salad with goat cheese which was very good. He enjoyed a steak with yummy scalloped potatoes, while I had the salmon with roasted asparagus. These were more expensive items, but there were plenty of items at lower prices including lots of good shareable snacks. Worth a visit.

• Visited October 2013

New York City, New York
“THIS PLACE IS AWESOME”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Truly a gem in somerset, love the atmosphere, establishment, food, prices are all great. Just moved into town from the city and its a great local joint to frequent to. Since we've found it we go at least once a week. Always specials and other events going on to make it interesting every time.

Visited October 2013
Somerset, New Jersey
“Consistently disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

This restaurant has changed hands a few times in the nearly 30 years that we have lived in Somerset, but the general quality of the food hasn't changed. There has always been a pretty good salad bar, and the other menu items are always sub-par in my opinion, as if the chef doesn't really care how the food tastes. I have gone for dinner with lady friends, for post-theatre drinks and snacks, for romantic dinners and family dinners. The atmosphere and food are no better than an average diner, but the prices are considerably higher. I will still dine here if friends insist - because it is conveniently located - but I won't go by choice.

• Visited November 2012
Princeton, New Jersey
“Best local restaurant in the area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Superb atmosphere, Perfect for families or happy hours. Very good food and affordable! Make sure to get there earlier on weekends as it fills up quickly.

Visited October 2013
NJ
“Pretty good.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

I went to Stage House last year for a baby shower and wasn't that impressed. They funneled us out of the party room into the main room for the brunch buffet. The other patrons were annoyed because our line had to snake through the dining room. I felt like the food was just alright that day. However, after another trip recently for dinner, my made was changed for the better. The restaurant was pretty busy but our waitress was attentive. Our friends had to park in a different lot since it was so crowded, but for the trouble, Stage House offered them a free drink. When a large party had come in having had a reservation, our server politely asked us to switch from our table to a booth so they could accommodate them, & again they offered drinks on the house. I really enjoyed the ravioli I had and my husband and our friends enjoyed their food as well. I would go back and try it again.

• Visited September 2013