“Nice hotel in quiet area”
Review of Courtyard Somerset

Courtyard Somerset
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Somerset
Liverpool, NY
“Nice hotel in quiet area”
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Newly remodeled Courtyard with outstanding service. About 30-40 mins outside NYC.. Near the highway, easy to find. Pleasant staff that always greeted us as we leaving or arriving. Room was great with comfortable king and pull out couch that my daughter says was adequate. Newer flat screen TV. Did not use pool or spa, but typical CY looked nice. Would highly recommend. Only paid $71 with AAA on the weekend.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
London
Reviewed 25 June 2012

I stayed here for 4 nights and found the room to be clean and well equipped (the a/c was on the noisy side, but when there's a heat wave outside, I can forgive noisy machinery keeping me cool inside.)

It's got a gym with a few a cardio machines and a decent dumbbell set, which is probably sufficient for most people staying here. The pool looked nice, but I didn't use.

Finally, the the staff are welcoming, friendly and helpful.

I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Westford, Massachusetts
Reviewed 21 June 2012

Stayed there for one night---very clean, great staff, the associates at the Bistro were great. Also really loved the fact that Ruby Tuesdays was in the building. We had a tight schedule and were able to go there---and bill it to the room bill. We are actually staying there again in August. Great value for the area.

Room Tip: Sits back from the road so I don't think noise would be a problem.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
tlcsomerset, General Manager at Courtyard Somerset, responded to this review, 2 August 2012
Thank you for your wonderful remarks, which I have shared with our staff. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 4 June 2012

stayed one night on friday enroute to Rhode Island, can't ask for more from Courtyard for $56! The room was spacious, clean and well furnished just like any other courtyards that I have stayed before. It is a little way off from the NJ Turnpike but bearable. As usual the staff are friendly and helpful.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed 21 May 2012

I had made reservations at the Sheraton Hotel in Edison, NJ through hotels.com where they decided to let me know at 8 pm of the date of the reservation that they were overbooked and sent me to the "Crowne Plaza" in Somerset, NJ (they have now renamed it to the Somerset something hotel). By the time I got to the Sheraton around 10:00 pm after driving 20 miles to get there (I didn't have my phone on me after 7 that night) to find out that they had overbooked the Sheraton and sent me to the Crowne Plaza another 12 miles further away from where I wanted to be. I got there and the front desk was nice. They asked me to sign a waiver that I wouldn't smoke in the room -- which was no problem because I'm not a smoker and I asked for a non-smoking room. Lo and behold, they stuck me in a room that reeked of cigarette smoke. I called front desk and told them I was too tired to move rooms again (I had asked my boyfriend to take our stuff up while I parked the car) and that the room smelled of smoke and that I better not be charged for the smoke-smelling room. Also, the odd weird part was that I kept hearing what sounded like someone going to the bathroom (#1) intermittently throughout the night. I kept myself up trying to figure out if I had flipped the lock on the room (which I thought I had done) and was too paralyzed with fear to get up and find out of someone was actually in the room. I guess their plumbing had to release something throughout the night. The view from my room was into the pool courtyard. The pool was empty of water, but definitely needed cleaning as you could see the algae covering the bottom of it. The positive part was that the bed was nicely made and the room was fairly cleaned, but then I had checked in around 11:00 pm that night and checked out by 8:00 am the next morning. So I didn't have much time in the room.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Wendi4701, Manager at Courtyard Somerset, responded to this review, 22 May 2012
This is not the Crowne Plaza Edison's Review. This is the former Crowne Plaza Somerset, now known as the Hotel Somerset. Totally different property and ownership. Has nothing to do with Crowne Plaza Edison.
Hedgesville
Reviewed 20 May 2012

We spent two nights at this hotel when we were in town for a funeral. King size bed was extremely comfortable. We were given a hearing impaired room even though we did not need one. Room was somewhat cramped, the tv was to the side of the bed which made viewing somewhat difficult. Internet access was easy not requiring a password. Room had a combo fridge & freezer but no microwave. There was no free breakfast at this hotel but it did have a bistro in the lobby. 2 milks a bagel and a danish were almost $10.00.

My husband was almost run down in the hallway by children running and riding on a luggage cart and screaming as they came around a corner, not the hotels fault, but terribly lax parenting.

Ruby Tuesday restaurant was attached to the hotel making it a convenient place to eat however we arrived on a friday evening and the front lot nearer the restaurant was completly full. There is another entrance however by the back parking lot.

Room Tip: Request a room above the first floor to avoid pool noise.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 30 April 2012

We stayed here on a Friday night for an outstanding AAA rate($71).

The hotel is in a corporate park area away from the highway so at night it's fairly quiet. There is a Ruby Tuesday next to the hotel and connected inside so you do not have to go outside. This would be a godsend for a tired traveler who arrives late in bad weather. The lobby has been redone in the standard new style of all Courtyard hotels, which is a fantastic layout, very modern and contemporary. Front desk staff were nice and let the other person in my party check in for me under their credit card after calling them earlier in the day to authorize this. It is an older style Courtyard so some rooms have balconies and there is a nice area outside with lots of outdoor chairs, a gas fire pit, etc. Very nice place to mingle. The pool, whirlpool and gym looked pretty standard issue.

The rooms have been updated recently, the furniture is all pretty new. The couch looked very modern and new. Bed was very comfortable. Standard Marriott-issued new LG 32'' LCD HDTV with about 10-12 HD channels and 25 or so SD. Worth noting our room did not have a fridge, I think some rooms might here but not all do. I've stayed in many Courtyards and the room I had has definitely had some updates recently and actually had contrasting wallpaper, etc. I applaud the owner/management for spending some $ on updates to what is an older style Courtyard property. We didn't hear much if any noise at all from the people next to us or above us and slept great. The room was also clean as expected.

We did have one minor issue with our HVAC unit, the fan quit after awhile and would not come on no matter what we did with the thermostat on the wall. Fortunately I was able to unplug the HVAC unit for awhile which must have reset it, didn't have any trouble after that.

Aside from the HVAC unit(almost took a star off but it fixed itself and worked fine all night) this is a newly updated property(not just the lobby), friendly staff, clean room, tremendous value/rate, 5 stars. Really wish more Courtyards were like this one, I've paid more for less at some Fairfield Inns.

Room Tip: Only some have fridges, suggest asking if that's important to you.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank A K
Thank you for staying at the Courtyard Somerset. I greatly appreciate you for taking the time to give feedback about your stay. I'm pleased to know that we're achieving our goal of making each stay an enjoyable, and memoriable stay. I look forward to have back again soon.