“clean, efficient, fun little getaway”
Review of Courtyard Somerset

Courtyard Somerset
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Somerset
Reviewed 6 January 2013

clean, spacious with balcony, microwave, refrigerator. pool and whirlpool-check before going because it is not always open. smells fresh and clean and staff takes care of your needs. ruby tuesday restaurant is attached to eat in or get room service..a morning bistro and a 24 hour market to grab a snack or a needed amenity

Room Tip: choose a higher floor with balcony
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Crystal160
tlcsomerset, General Manager at Courtyard Somerset, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2013

Thank you for rating the value of our hotel great and our service outstanding. We really appreciate that you took the time to share your wonderful experience with both the hotel and our future hotel guests.

Reviewed 10 December 2012

Very efficient, good for a quick business stay. No frills at all. Rooms have a microwave, coffeemaker and a refrigerator. Safes are only at front desk. This is a middle of no-where hotel. Very reasonably priced; good service but has a "too simple" feel.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 20 September 2012

Stayed here two weeks in a row. Both times I had to be moved from my first room, because of severe problems. The first time the smell of smoke was horrible, the second time the air conditioner was making so much noise I could not stand it...

Both time the rooms were dirty the shower stalls were very dirty, I actually wiped a towel on the walls and took it to the manager, she was very apologetic and said it would never happened again. next week, I started to get a cup of coffee and both cups had dried food in them! I took pictures and gave it to the manager again, she comped me some points, but seriously. I am now going to try the Hiltons in the area, even though I am a long time Marriott Platinum. I have been having problems a lot lately with Marriott...

Oh and the first room actyually had stuff hangin down from the ceiling! This hotel is in need of some care...

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Carl_Shea

I appreciate you bringing your concerns to our attention. I assure you this not our expectations, and will investigate and address your concerns. Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns.

Reviewed 28 August 2012

I usually stay here during weekends for my church. It is a good hotel, with nice location, and sizable room. The hotel is 5 story building in a quiet street with lot of hotels around. But most time, I stayed in this hotel, since the staff is nice and warm. There is a Ruby Tuesday restaurant connected to the hotel (you can go in from the hotel, not outside), where I usually order foods from, and the foods are very nice too, not expensive.

The room is comfortable, and quiet, very nice. The hotel is easy access from I287 and New Brunswick, very convenient, recommend this hotel to anybody if you like a weekend stay in the area.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 20 August 2012

I stayed here for 2 weeks and loved every bit of it. The best part about the property is the staff - they are extremely courteous and helpful. The rooms are nice and spacious with all modern amenities. The hotel is also located close to the highway and has nice restaurants in the vicinity. The breakfast served at the hotel have limited options but is excellent. Overall, I was extremely satisfied and and would love to stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 20 August 2012

Have stayed here several times while visiting relatives in NJ, and this hotel is consistently very good. Got a great rate with AAA. Pool and hot tub are clean, beds are quite comfy, and the rooms are good sized. Would have liked free continental breakfast, since that's the way most hotels and motels are going recently, but there's a diner and bagel places nearby (check out Kettleman's Bagels...awesome!)

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank brianfallis

Reviewed 15 August 2012

I stayed for a weekend to visit NYC using a promo. I would strongly recommend the hotel. Comfortable newly furnished rooms, clean, helpful staff. I have been planning to stay here again next week with my family but unfortunately no rooms were available. It was very hard to find a hotel with similar quality in the area for such a good price.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo