“Good Reasonable Option”
Review of Courtyard Somerset

Courtyard Somerset
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Somerset
Reviewed 15 July 2013

In area for lacrosse tournament and we were directed to use this hotel.. It was actuall pretty nice. Hotel seemed very clean and renovated. Rooms were large, AC worked great and it was very hot outside, beds were actually very comfortable. We went to pool to use hot tub and it was removed. That was disappointing, pool was actually very cold. If in the area again I would use this hotel without question.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Joseph C

Reviewed 18 June 2013

$85 weekend rate in June - breakfast not included but available for less than $20 for two. The king room with sofa and balcony was roomy. Bed comfortable. Water hot. Quiet with balcony door open. Wifi worked on my laptop in room but not my wife's tablet. The common area downstairs had wifi.

Room Tip: Ask for a south facing room.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2013

I'm not sure about the issues that existed during the last couple of reviews -- but I found this Courtyard to be lovely. Check-in was a breeze -- I asked to be on a higher floor than originally scheduled and there wasn't any issue at all. The room was extremely clean and comfortable -- king size bed, swivel tv, microwave, etc., desk and sofa -- all for $75. There was a business center that was convenient -- it made for an extremely easy and comfortable weekend. I think it's nice that Ruby Tuesday's is next door -- another feature that makes life easy after checking in. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 June 2013

I've stayed here twice before at animenext so I knew not to expect a warm fuzzy welcome. I'm sure a hotel full of underage guests is a trying time... But I go there for the hot tub...which is now permanently closed...and the indoor pool....which was too salty & not heated...So then a hot shower will do...but is not to be found here. Stayed 2 days taking cold showers. For $ 365 I expect HOT water. Nice size room,perfect king bed with extra pillows. Excellent housekeeping.

Room Tip: Balcony is nice!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
tlcsomerset, Manager at Courtyard Somerset, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2013

Thank you for staying at the Courtyard Somerset. I apologize for your inconvience during your stay. I certainly understand it extremely disappointing to find you have a cold shower. The issue was invesitgated and resolved for the 2 rooms affected. Any guest room affected should have been compensated for the inconvienence. If you have not, please contact the hotel.

Reviewed 8 June 2013

I came in for a convention. This was my FIRST time booking a hotel room. When I got here I was told I had to pay an extra $40 as a "deposit" or if I use the breakfast, coffee etc. this was NOT told to me upon booking the room. When I voiced my concerns to them all I got was "this is our policy this is our policy" but they NEVER answered the question. Why did no one tell me about this "policy" and why it is it not in their policy section of their website. The manager ASSUMED I knew that "ALL" hotels did this and I should have already know (despite the fact i said i never booked a hotel room before.) They told me I would get it back but the fact that I NEVER knew of it in the first place set me off. I better be getting my $40 back since I have NOT NOT used ANYTHING that could charge me it!
Now to the room. It is extremely small for a 2! person room. The showers were DISGUSTING! I had hair all over the bottom of it!!!! That was NASTY!!!! The thermostat for air does NOT work! We were FREEZING the day it poured rain and we were soaking wet. I will NOT book a room here again and I will drive to the convention and home everyday than stay here again!!!!!! (And it is an hour drive both ways *2 hr round trip*)

• Stayed: June 2013

Thank you for staying at the Courtyard Somerset. I apologize for any misunderstanding regarding the hotel checkin policy. I will review your comments with the staff to help alleviate any future misunderstanding to other guest.

Reviewed 5 May 2013

Went to Princeton, NJ for an overnight trip and couldn't resist the $69 rate. Great gym, attached Ruby Tuesday does roomservice. Inviting lobby. Breakfast was so-so and free coffee is poor quality but for a few bucks more you can purchase Starbucks. Late check out was no big deal.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 April 2013

One Of The Best Stays In 103 Nights Of Travel
Courtyard by Marriott Somerset was one of the best overnight stays in 103 nights of travel last year in 2012. We spent almost one third of the year on the road or on a cruise ship, and this New Jersey motel really stands out. Maybe it seems better by contrast to the La Quinta Somerset where we had reservations on that fateful July 4, 2012. We tried to check into the La Quinta and ran into a smelly, broken down place from which we fled to this gem just up the street. Perhaps it was also great because we had dropped off our pets in a kennel in Pittsburgh. The Marriott's not pet-friendly. But that's about the only bad thing I can say about it. It was perfectly air-conditioned. The room was huge, the beds large. The maids were at our beck and call as was the front desk. At dinner time all we had to do was walk through the lobby into the adjoining Ruby Tuesday's Restaurant, which was the most convenient arrangement possible. What did all this luxury cost? Only $113.85 for a ground floor room for 3, including tax. They had a special holiday discount. They usually cater to businessmen, and they were off for the 4th. Can't I think of anything else even remotely negative about the place? The next morning for breakfast we ate at the Bistro in the lobby. The food wasn't the best. The wait staff was non-existent, and they charged us $37.93 for the privilege. But the rest was so good the place still merits five stars.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms are closer to the Bistro and Ruby Tuesday's.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family