“Stay at Somerset Courtyard”
Review of Courtyard Somerset

Courtyard Somerset
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Somerset
Bengaluru, India
“Stay at Somerset Courtyard”
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Stayed for two nights. Connected well with Steve and had a good discussion on the Flim '42'. Nice elegant place for official tour. Very helpful front desk. Although the location was not the best, but felt absolutely comfortable. Steve apologised the the delay in the taxi I had asked for which shows the amicable atmosphere.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Reviewed 21 September 2013

We stayed here for two nights, rooms are big and pretty clean. Internet very fast. Girls at the front desk were very nice and helpful. Maybe the location is not the best, but it served well the purpose of our visit.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank MariusApostol
Bronx, New York, United States
Reviewed 2 September 2013

This hotel is okay, it served it's purpose for me. We just needed a place to spend the night after attending an event in the area. It was clean and the staff was friendly. What i couldn't get over was the musky smell all over the hotel (even in the rooms). Ruby Tuesday's which is right next door to the hotel also had that smell. Also the walls are thin so you hear everything, not to mention hearing the couple next door make love...

Its perfect for a one night stay, maybe two... but more than that i rather pay more and stay else where.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Liz F
Oakland Gardens NY
Reviewed 28 August 2013

My son and I stayed at the hotel for two nights while he was taking the New Jersey bar exam at a hotel down the road. We were pleasantly surprised with how nice the hotel was. Once they found out why we were there, everyone was extremely nice to us. We asked for a room with a refrigerator so we could store my son's snacks and water (not all the rooms have one) and we were given one, no extra charge. The room was clean and the shower worked well. Wi-fi was faster than I expect in a hotel and was free. They obviously get a lot of business travelers; they had preprinted sheets of information (one was about restaurants in the area, another for drug stores, etc.) which they gave us when we asked questions. The pool was clean and well maintained. My only gripe was over the cost of breakfast, but we weren't going to be roaming around the area the morning of the bar exam, so we ate at the hotel. (There was a Ruby Tuesday's connected to the hotel, where we ate dinner the first night.) All in all, we had a good stay. I highly recommend the Sommerset if you are in the area on business.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
jlsheff
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Was here in mid July for my son's lax tournament. Place was a little difficult to find, but the location turned out to be be very advantageous to the area. Check-In was very efficient and was provided vouchers for continental breakfast. The rooms were very clean and the bed was comfortable. The Wi-Fi worked very well throughout the property and was free. No real issues with the property at all. That's why I stay so often at Marriott as the quality of the stay is consistent - for the most part - regardless where you are.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
California
Reviewed 4 August 2013

I stayed one night over a weekend in June. Great rates on the weekend but it's not worth paying extra in the room rate for continental breakfast. When I checked in, I was given a card that entitled me to one coffee and one cold breakfast item. I decided it wasn't worth the extra $15 per night so I declined the breakfast and asked to have my room rate adjusted accordingly. The desk staff was very accommodating and said it would be no problem.

The room was comfortable and very clean. I needed a place to stay for a night off the NJ Turnpike on a road trip from NY to DC. This hotel, located in an office park, was quiet and fit my needs perfectly. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

FYI, the Somerset Diner nearby had a wonderful full breakfast.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
NJ
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Had a great stay. No issues or problems at all. Check-in was quick. Room was clean. Bed was very comfortable. Free internet was fast. Shower was hot. HD TV channels. Only negative was the fitness room was small but they usually are. Overall great place for the price.

• Stayed July 2013