“Perfect business hotel”
Review of Courtyard Somerset

Courtyard Somerset
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Somerset
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I had some business to do in NJ. The price was right. Great location. When I checked in, the staff was incredibly friendly. I have come to expect great service and amenities at the Courtyard and this location did not disappoint. The wi-fi was screaming fast. I also had a great view from my room. I enjoyed some time on the balcony looking out at the sunset. Perfect business hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 19 March 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

I was in Somerset for a couple of weeks on business and was booked into this hotel. As a area Somerset strikes me as a place that most people visiting are there on business or passing through on their way to somewhere else.The hotel breakfast bar always seemed to be full on traveling salesman type people heading on their way to the next meeting. The hotel location lend itself to this type of arrangement as it is just off one of the main routes through New Jersey and provides a convenient stopover.
The hotel itself is somewhat old and having stayed in more than one room I can say had the most noisy air conditioning system I have ever come across in a hotel. The AC consists of a low level wall mounted unit which makes a loud noise every time the compressor kicked in. The noise was sufficient to wake me up several times every night.
Staff wise the hotel was good and all the staff were very friendly and helpful, there is a Ruby Tuesday restaurant attached to the hotel which provides for a convenient meal option but otherwise there are limited dining options in the immediate area.
Overall I find it hard to recommend this hotel unless you need to be in this specific area and then the hotel seems to be about par for the course.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
tlcsomerset, General Manager at Courtyard Somerset, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Thank you for staying at the Courtyard Somerset. I'm please to know the staff service was positive during your stay. I apologize the AC unit woke you up. Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 22 December 2013

Some of my points on this hotel:
Firstly, this hotel is very cheap. If you are looking for value, choose this place.
There is limited breakfast option, we can choose two items for free but i am confused on that as the rule changes each day. Somedays cappucino is allowed free, somedays i am denied.
I usually buy the starbucks coffee. On my first day, i took the coffee to my room and realized it was sweet. I came back down and told the guy at the counter(tall african american). He pretty much accused me of lying. The latin american lady who made the coffee came from kitchen and intervened. She easily asked to replace. I guess she knew she had added some syrup in my coffee. That incident really made me annoyed with them.

Room service menu is limited from Ruby Tuesday.
Room is big.
Pool usually small but typical of hotels in US.

Front staff are pretty ok.
Water heater did not work on a cold winter morning.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Staff was very friendly, room was big, clean and comfortable. I had to leave the hotel at 7am to make a client meeting so I went down to the Bistro at about 5:50am hoping to get a large coffee. Edith was there at the Bistro and I asked her if I could possibly get a large coffee before she opened. She was extremely nice and let me know that she was actually ready to open and I could get breakfast as well. Very nice way to start my day...thanks Edith!

One more comment on the staff, Courtyard always (in my experience) has good service but the staff here was even better than "normal". This is one of the main reasons I choose Marriott properties.

Room Tip: I always like the higher floors.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Douglas G
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I am a regular it this hotel, and have been completely satisfied every time. Staff is attentive, and always willing to help. The location is not somewhere you would not go unless you had a purpose, but if you need to be in this area, I have never had an issue here.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Stayed here whilst at a wedding. The service was very good, the staff very friendly and polite, with a complementary shuttle bus provided. The room was pretty standard, similar to a travel lodge or something similar, probably could do with a bit of work to the decoration, but it was clean and the bed was comfortable. I would stay here again if I was in the area.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple