Sonesta ES Suites Somerset
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Courtyard Somerset(Somerset)
AVE Somerset(Somerset)
View Hotel
All reviewsfull kitchenliving roomseparate bedroomsfully functional kitchenbasketball courtgreat layoutpaper towelsextra roombreakfast was deliciousfree breakfastother hotelsexcellent place to stayan extended staywould definitely stay here againa great staynew jerseyhome away from home
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

A visit to the Sonesta these days means keeping your HDMI cables in you luggage and relying on your tablet for any in room entertainment because the TVs are old and the channel clarity is fuzzy; however, it was nice to see that they have upgraded the room number signs on the buildings for some reason that was a high priority over updating the room interiors. Bedding is still good, as well as, the bathroom & laundry amenities. Pool area and outer sitting area improved but the water damage on the room's ceiling is not fixed. Definitely a work in progress although I did not see any work crews onsite during the stay.

• Stayed: July 2014
Michael_somerset260, Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Somerset, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Thank you for your recent review. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time here. As you mentioned, our exterior renovations are done, creating an inviting and new atmosphere to the exterior. We are having some major changes coming to the property for the interior to look out for as well. We hope to see you back next time you are in Somerset to see all the new features that Sonesta will have to offer!

Reviewed 10 July 2014

It was my luck that I happened to meet a gentleman named James, who is the sales director of this hotel chain which changed our (me and my wife) stay in NJ completely. Trust my word that you will enjoy every moment of your stay here. We felt during our entire stay that every one here has one single goal - to make you feel at home. Big Mike, other Mike, Eric, big Ted, Tim and off course James...We just want to thank you for making our stay so memorable there. My review will not be complete if I don't mention about breakfast there...simply awesome!!! With all that, I call this place Extended family, not just extended stay.

Room Tip: All of them are good!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Michael_somerset260, Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Somerset, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! We are so excited to hear about your excellent stay with us! As you said, traveling on the road for an extended period of time can be very difficult, which is why we strive to create an atmosphere home. Also having a full size kitchen and large suite doesn’t hurt either! We are happy that we could achieve that for you and your wife during your stay! We will make sure to pass along your comments to the staff and we hope that if you work or travels bring you back this way again you will stay with us!

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Sonesta ES Suite is a good property at Somerset and it's on the verge of getting better.

Positives:
Friendly, Polilte and Professional Staff
Value for money
Fully Renovated Rooms - I heard this was in progress and soon all the rooms would be renovated with latest Flat Screen LED TV's, New Furniture, Other electronic equipments in room, etc..
Everyday Surprise - There were some everyday surprises where they would give away free gifts. I got a pair of sunglasses which was - cool :).
Shuttle service - Pick up and drop upto 8 miles + Weekend trips to super markets.

Negatives:
Very less menu
No Live Kitchen. Meals served only from Tuesday through Thursday.
On Demand Room Service on weekends - need to be booked in advance.
Very small pool
Small Gym
Wifi Issue - wasn't able to connect from every corner of my room. I would normally sit in the living room or on the edge of my bed. This can definitely be improved.

Add one star to my reviews after the renovation is complete.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Sonesta

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you mentioned your positive experience with the staff and also the value for your money. We will make sure the staff receives these comments. We always strive to offer the best that we can and having a room with a full size kitchen and separated bedroom and bathroom is very helpful for our guests looking to stay for a longer period of time, as you don’ t have to eat out every night. We thank you again and hope that next time you are in town we will see you again!

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Stayed for the weekend while visiting friends. The kids loved the pool and the great breakfast buffet. We'll be back in October and would definitely recommend the one bedroom suite to any families visiting the area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your recent review! As you mentioned, having a two bedroom suite with two full bathrooms is a huge plus when traveling with the family or friends. We are very pleased to hear that you had a wonderful stay and we hope that next time you travel to the Somerset area you will stay with us!

Reviewed 24 June 2014

I was looking for a 2 bedroom suite comparable to the Residence Inn. This hotel exceeded my expectations. The rooms were spacious and the staff went above and beyond my expectations. I will book this place again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Sonesta
Michael_somerset260, Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Somerset, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Thank you for your recent review. We are so happy that you liked our two bedroom suites. As you mentioned, having all that extra space can be a lifesaver when traveling with family or friends. We thank you again and we hope to see you in the Somerset area again!