“Good place to stay for a day or a week”

Extended Stay America - Somerset - Franklin
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Somerset
New Brunswick, New Jersey
“Good place to stay for a day or a week”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

This hotel is nice in that they don't barge in to your room every day. Some might say that is a negative thing, as the room gets cleaned less often, but I like that I'm relatively unbothered from day to day by housekeeping staff.
The breakfast is decent, but I was sure sick of those muffins by the end of my stay.
Overall, a good choice for the Somerset area, nearby to restaurants and the interstate. The wifi, while free, was painfully slow. I'd almost rather have no internet than slow internet.

Room Tip: Third floor rooms are smoking and smell like it. Non-smokers may be offended by the odor.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

Thank you for the kind, friendly, professional service. I will always recommend here to anybody. I felt like being at home and always slept well. I stayed here along time, and will be back upon visiting the region. GREAT PLACE GREAT PEOPLE.

• Stayed June 2013
Bridgewater, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2013

Staff here is very welcoming and rooms are well maintained and the service is good.
location of the hotel is also good. Price is reasonable for studio with kitchen.
The attitude of employees is very good towards its customers.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank sandeep a
Canon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2013

This hotel has great rooms and service. Staff was very pleasant. Room was clean with comfortable beds. Only downside is that room is only cleaned once a week. However, there was no problem with exchanging linens.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Thersa B
Quakertown
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2013

I stayed there for 2 days. I was confused and misled by some reviews that were posted in a few websites. The hallway and hotel room of the entire floor smell of Indian food. If you do not want to smell like Indian, please do not stay there. I have to attend a meeting the following and I smell like an Indian!! I am not a racist but the hotel needs to respect other ethnic customers by cleaning the place. DO NOT recommend to friends or family. For the same price I can get a cleaner hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank KeeneTraveller
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2013 via mobile

The staff was friendly. Room was decent. I didn't expect it to be fabulous and everything was clean until I noticed that the blanket has period stains that looked like its never been washed. I'm a female and I've had accidents in my own bed before and I know how it looks when it's been washed... And this looks fresh like the last person that stayed here did it and housekeeping didnt notice and didnt wash it. Even if it washed, why would anybody think its okay to put this back on the bee for the next guest? This is probably the worst I've ever seen in a hotel. Won't be coming back for sure.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Jadegrenade
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Somerset - Franklin, responded to this review, 21 June 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am glad that you found our staff to be friendly. Still, I am so sorry to hear about the the level of cleanliness in your room. In response to your feedback, I am working with our housekeeping staff to ensure this type of situation does not happen again.

Thank you very much for providing us with your comments. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at som@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Sayreville, NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2013

I stayed at this location for close to 2 months (during the week only) while I was in transition of moving to NJ from NY. The staff was just great - always a friendly face, professional attitude, really cared about the guests and most importantly, always doing their best to make my stay comfortable. Sai Poplai, the manager, was nothing short of fantastic! I am so happy I was able to stay here. The rooms were clean, the beds were great and when something needed to be fixed, they were on it immediately! I would highly recommend this place. There are a number of food establishments within walking distance, and it is right off the highway - very convenient location. Thanks!!!!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business