Hotel Somerset-Bridgewater
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Courtyard Somerset(Somerset)
Average 3/5
Great 4.5/5
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I've been staying at this hotel for awhile now and I'm so happy I choose it! It's the friendliest staff that I've ever come across and they always make me feel like I'm at home. I had a bit of a check in issue, that was not the hotel's fault, and the manager Maria(who's quite stunning I might add) made sure to contact me and make sure everything was ok!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Do not be deceived by the pictures posted on the web site of this hotel. We stayed at this hotel as part of a soccer tournament. Although the lobby of the hotel is bright and airy the majority of the sleeping rooms are in desperate need of renovations. Our initial room was small and the bathroom tub seemed to have been re-caulked poorly 4-5 times. After staying the first night we discovered an infestation of black ants on our room. The hotel personnel moved us to a second room. We found our room only by inserting the key in a particular door since there was no room number outside the room. The bathroom was not much better and that night (since I wasn't accustomed to inspecting a ceiling upon arrival) we discovered the stucco ceiling was chipped and peeling. Electrical lighting was limited and the plugs in the boxed outlets were not connected to anything. In addition, we were notified upon check in that the kitchen was closed over the weekend for the Passover holiday since the kitchen was converted to a kosher kitchen. We were provided with a complimentary breakfast however on the second morning many of our group went to Dunkin Donuts for breakfast. We couldn't wait to get out of there!

Room Tip: Perhaps the rooms in the tower are better? Everyone in our party were in the low rise and the rooms were in the same condition as I described if not worse.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank soc02
Maria G, Manager at Hotel Somerset-Bridgewater, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

We appreciate the time taken in order to provide such a detail account of this past experience. As we move forward, we are committed to improving all future guests ‘experiences by using this feedback as a tool that can assist in correcting our challenges. Optimistically, our team is looking forward to new property improvements in the near future which will eliminate the noted concerns related to conditions.
In contrast, it is our desire to serve all of our guest in a courteous, and caring professional manner.

Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

Check in ran very smooth just as check out. The rooms are average but the beds are very comfortable. Maids kept up with cleaning during our stay. All amenities were replenished. Hotel had a bar and a restaurant which is very nice and there is no need to venture out elsewhere for food or drinks. Starbucks available on site is a plus. Will return in the future.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank TheTruthHasBeenTold
Reviewed 17 March 2014

This was a nice hotel you wouldn't know how lavish it looks until you walked in. I enjoyed my stay there and I can't wait to go back!!!!!! They have a lot of good amenities plus there's a lounge there and I was able to bring my drink to my room!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The customer service was great and the employes make it an awesome environment for you to relax and escape. I recommend others to go there!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2014
Drea J, Manager at Hotel Somerset-Bridgewater, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2014

Dear Febedex,
Thank you for your very kind comments about your recent stay! My team and I appreciate such positive feedback especially from experienced reviewers. I hope that if your travels return you to Somerset NJ, you’ll consider being our guest again.
All the Best,
Drea J
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 17 March 2014

I recently attended a conference at this hotel. I normally would have stayed at a Marriott down the road, but thought it would be nice not to commute back and forth. I couldn't have been more wrong. The hotel is at least 40 years old. The rooms are small and not designed for business travelers. Not enough plugs, the desk (if you can call it that) was not big enough for anything else but my laptop, no room to put papers or even my phone. Lighting was dark and just a couple of table lamps. The TV was too small for the room. Bath towels were thread bare and the mattress felt as if it was 40 years old. I wanted to get a snack, but the gift shop was closed at 5pm, although the sign said they would be back at 4pm. Room service sucked. I didn't think you could screw up a salad but they managed too. The chicken was over cooked, only half the salad was dressed. Etc. etc. etc. I couldn't wait to get out of there. The only reason for two stars, is the staff was very friendly.

Room Tip: There isn't one.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business