Message from TripAdvisor:
This place is temporarily closed.

“Far off from city”

Hotel Somerset-Bridgewater
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Somerset
Chandigarh, India
“Far off from city”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I stayed for one night. It is on the main highway.The hotel is very spacious and room very big. The heating was good. The hotel does not have much eating options. it has very spacious rooms and ideal for families. The rooms have all essential amenities and bath fixtures were old and not properly working.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Southern Cook Islands, Cook Islands
Reviewed 15 May 2014

As they say, you pay for what you get! Good rate for an average room. They are in need of a facelift, and I'm sure that they have nicer rooms available. Was in for one night and must say that that staff were very nice, the room quiet and I got a good nights sleep.
I wouldn't plan a long stay there, but it was fine for my needs .

Room Tip: I think the top of the tower would've been best .
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Drea J, Front Office Manager at Hotel Somerset-Bridgewater, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Dear Johnny JC,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed our hospitality and the comfort of your room. I am sorry that we seem outdated but the great news is that we will be starting renovations within 6 months. I will definitely share your comment with our staff so they can know that they are taking good care of our guests. Again, thanks for your feedback and I hope you visit us again the next time you are in Somerset.

All the Best,

Front Office Mgr.
Hillsborough
Reviewed 6 May 2014

When I checked in a manager told me that they really wanted to get their ratings up so if there was anything wrong during my stay to hunt her down so they could fix it. Unfortunately, my attempts to get my problem solved were fruitless.

Tonight is night 9 of a planned 11 night stay. When I got to my initial room, it reeked like smoke and was covered in dust. A call to the front desk had me moved to a suitable room wtihin a few minutes - no big deal and dealt with appropriately.

Happy hour in the hotel bar is decent. The drinks are still fairly expensive but the half priced appetizers are huge for a great price. The service in the bar is pretty good and the bartenders are friendly.

There was a huge event in the hotel last weekend which saw the number of people increase a great deal. Although the common areas were really crowded and loud, there was never a negative effect on my in-room experience so this was really positive.

The pool and gym are really great, especially for the price of the hotel. There were never more than 2-3 people in there and the hours are excellent.

The rooms are comfortable and clean. The bedroom area is nicely updated; the bathroom could use some work, but it's been kept clean and useable. My only complaint is that the desk is right next to the AC unit and it gets really uncomfortable to have it blowing right on you while trying to work.

My major problem with the hotel has been the quality of the Internet access, included free. This was a major reason I selected this hotel because I need to be able to work from my room. For the first few days, things were fine. Then it got spotty and I figured with the extra people in the hotel I'd let it go and see if it cleared up after the weekend. It didn't. On Sunday afternoon I called the front desk and they connected me with an off-site support company. The company confirmed that there was a problem and told me they would work with the front desk to try to reset some things. I never heard anything back and the problem did not really get corrected. On Monday night, I called again. They told me I should switch rooms to a lower floor (I was on 8) because then I'd have a router instead of a satellite connection. I made this switch on Tuesday afternoon. The problem is actually worse now than on the higher floor. When I called the front desk tonight and said I'd be trying to find another hotel for my remaining nights, all they said was "I'm sorry about that." There was not even an attempt to try to find a solution.

I might need to extend my stay by up to two more weeks and this hotel just lost the opportunity to earn my money. It's a shame because except for the Internet access, I really liked my stay.

Room Tip: Low floor rooms are said to have better Internet connectivity, but hasn't been my experience.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Drea J, Front Office Manager at Hotel Somerset-Bridgewater, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear mmingle1

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. My team and I appreciate such positive feedback especially from experienced reviewers. I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed several aspects of the hotel during your stay. I am sorry that the internet service was below the expectation of what needed. We are happy to announced that renovations to the hotel and the internet service will begin within the next 60 days. I will definitely share your comment with our departments so they can work on correcting the issue of the air conditioning location. Again, thanks for your feedback and I hope you will visit us again when you return to Somerset.

All The Best
Front Office Mgr
New Brunswick, New Jersey
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I've been staying at this hotel for awhile now and I'm so happy I choose it! It's the friendliest staff that I've ever come across and they always make me feel like I'm at home. I had a bit of a check in issue, that was not the hotel's fault, and the manager Maria(who's quite stunning I might add) made sure to contact me and make sure everything was ok!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Do not be deceived by the pictures posted on the web site of this hotel. We stayed at this hotel as part of a soccer tournament. Although the lobby of the hotel is bright and airy the majority of the sleeping rooms are in desperate need of renovations. Our initial room was small and the bathroom tub seemed to have been re-caulked poorly 4-5 times. After staying the first night we discovered an infestation of black ants on our room. The hotel personnel moved us to a second room. We found our room only by inserting the key in a particular door since there was no room number outside the room. The bathroom was not much better and that night (since I wasn't accustomed to inspecting a ceiling upon arrival) we discovered the stucco ceiling was chipped and peeling. Electrical lighting was limited and the plugs in the boxed outlets were not connected to anything. In addition, we were notified upon check in that the kitchen was closed over the weekend for the Passover holiday since the kitchen was converted to a kosher kitchen. We were provided with a complimentary breakfast however on the second morning many of our group went to Dunkin Donuts for breakfast. We couldn't wait to get out of there!

Room Tip: Perhaps the rooms in the tower are better? Everyone in our party were in the low rise and the rooms...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank soc02
Maria G, Manager at Hotel Somerset-Bridgewater, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
We appreciate the time taken in order to provide such a detail account of this past experience. As we move forward, we are committed to improving all future guests ‘experiences by using this feedback as a tool that can assist in correcting our challenges. Optimistically, our team is looking forward to new property improvements in the near future which will eliminate the noted concerns related to conditions.
In contrast, it is our desire to serve all of our guest in a courteous, and caring professional manner.

Travellers are raving about these Somerset hotels

Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

Check in ran very smooth just as check out. The rooms are average but the beds are very comfortable. Maids kept up with cleaning during our stay. All amenities were replenished. Hotel had a bar and a restaurant which is very nice and there is no need to venture out elsewhere for food or drinks. Starbucks available on site is a plus. Will return in the future.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank TheTruthHasBeenTold
Neptune, New Jersey
Reviewed 17 March 2014

This was a nice hotel you wouldn't know how lavish it looks until you walked in. I enjoyed my stay there and I can't wait to go back!!!!!! They have a lot of good amenities plus there's a lounge there and I was able to bring my drink to my room!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The customer service was great and the employes make it an awesome environment for you to relax and escape. I recommend others to go there!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed February 2014
Drea J, Manager at Hotel Somerset-Bridgewater, responded to this review, 29 March 2014
Dear Febedex,
Thank you for your very kind comments about your recent stay! My team and I appreciate such positive feedback especially from experienced reviewers. I hope that if your travels return you to Somerset NJ, you’ll consider being our guest again.
All the Best,