Message from TripAdvisor:
This place is temporarily closed.

“Good for very short stay”

Hotel Somerset-Bridgewater
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Somerset
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Good for very short stay”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We were traveling and packed for one week. When we got to the room we found only three small drawers. The next day I spoke to the manager on duty and she said that is how the rooms came. However thatday we found a dresser in our room with three more drawers. If you are going to stay ask for space before you come.
Other concerns: The menu says Fox news channel 26. When I went to 26 I found FX not Fox news. They did have the least trusted news channel MSNBC Also the functiom button on the remote did not work so no sleep timer Also of the 4 tread mills only one worked
The other problem was that when we booked the Hotel it was a Crown plaza However they sold it and did not tell us so we could have booked at annother HI property and recived or used our points
Sandy

Room Tip: 413 to 421 have no view
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Hilton Head, South Carolina
Reviewed 15 June 2014

This is a tired, moldy, dump hotel masquerading as a business traveler high rise. The first room they gave me stank of stale cigarettes so they moved me to the top floor. The new room was no better. I had to leave a hefty tip each night with a request to the chambermaid to bleach the mold off the bathtub and vacuum the hair out from under the desk and nightstand.

The fitness center was so rank that I ran out of there gagging for air. It was located right next to the lobby. Its odor permeated right through the front doors of the hotel.

• Stayed June 2014

Travellers are raving about these Somerset hotels

Morris County, New Jersey
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I wanted to stay at this hotel for two reasons.
1. They had a complementary breakfast (which was the biggest plus there)
2. They were SUPPOSE to have refrigerators
I stayed during a 3 day convention for that was actually partly being held in this hotel. That was extremely convenient and the only reason I'd ever stay there again. Of course the hotel itself had nothing to do with this convenience. I had originally stated in my description when I booked my room months in advance that the only thing I wanted specifically was a working fridge. I wanted to make sure even though it was in the hotel description. And of course when my mom and I get there, there's no fridge. We called staff and we were told 3 times that a fridge was coming, but it never came. So the drinks and applesauce got warm and the fruit went bad. It was so frustrating!!
On top of that, my room was uncomfortable. We were situated in one of the closest rooms to the con events which last throughout the night. It would have been okay if there was a white noise machine or fan of some sort to block out the noise but there wasn't, so it was difficult to sleep. Then we had a big issue with the lack of water pressure in the shower. As soon as you turned on the hot water it would slow down to a trickle. Not too nice to shower in. The room itself was also kind of small and the TV was outdated for those who care about such things.
A plus for me though was the breakfast buffet. It was pretty good with a nice variety. Not outstanding but the other official convention hotels didn't offer breakfast but cost about the same as this one.
Overall, the location for this place was hard to beat. I was going to grudgingly book another stay here for next year despite everything until I read the previous review. I'm certain I stayed at the same con and the thought that some guy might have gotten into my room scares the heck out of me. Maybe I'll rethink my hotel options...

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Drea J, Manager at Hotel Somerset-Bridgewater, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Dear Anna

Thank you very much for sharing feedback about your recent stay with us here at the Hotel Somerset Bridgewater. I am sorry to hear that our service fell short of excellence. We appreciate your honest feedback and I will share your concerns about the fridge, TV and water pressure experience with our team members. It is only through constructive feedback, such as yours, that we continually improve our experience for all of our guests. We are also happy to announce that we will be starting renovations within 60 days as we are always working toward overall improvements. We look forward to seeing you again when you return to Somerset.

All the Best,
Drea J
Front Office Mgr
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 13 June 2014

SUMMARY
We stayed here for 1 night for a wedding at the Imperia (just down the road). We paid $129.99 plus taxes and fees for the night (this was the discounted rate for the wedding party). Bottom line……it was NOT worth it. There are plenty of other hotels in the area – STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE!

LOCATION
** Just off Route 287

CHECK-IN
** Check-in went smoothly, but we weren’t given any information. We had to ask about Wifi, breakfast, bar, etc.

ROOM / HOTEL
** The pictures on the website are deceiving. The entire hotel needs a good scrubbing. It is quite dirty. Everything looks very dated as well. A remodel would definitely do this hotel some good.
** The bathrooms do not have a fan, so the mirror fogs up quickly.
** There was an issue with the air conditioning in our room. It was very hot and stuffy and the air conditioning wasn’t running when it should’ve been. When we called to complain, the maintenance man indicated that it was working normally.

GIFT SHOP
** Gift shop is pretty dingy. I asked the woman at the gift shop to charge the bottle of water to my room and it was a whole fiasco: she had to call the front desk, get permission from the front desk, get my room number, hand write everything, and have me sign the hand written receipt. If I knew it was going to take that long, I would’ve just given her cash.

BAR
** Bar is extremely expensive. I travel a lot for work, so I’m used to the jacked up rates hotels charge, but this place was ridiculously priced.

POOLS
** We didn’t use the pool, but had a view of the outdoor pool from our room.

BRIDAL SUITE
** We visited the bridal suite after the wedding, and it was less than glamorous. I’ve seen a lot of bridal suites, and this was just a dirty suite. The room was just a little bigger than the other rooms and included a balcony. That’s it – it really was NOT a bridal suite at all.

FREE BREAKFAST
** Pretty terrible breakfast. It was a free hotel breakfast so we weren’t expecting a lot, but it was much worse than any other hotel breakfast we’ve ever had.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Butchie119,

Thank you for your feedback and your concerns about your stay with us. I apologize for your experiences as they clearly fell short of excellence. I am very sorry to hear that your room and our hotel wasn't what you expected. We take your comments very seriously and look to improve how we handle these types of issues. Please know that we value your feedback as it helps us identify areas where we can improve in the future. We take pride in our hotel's cleanliness and superb customer service and are always working toward overall improvements. I am happy to let you know that we do have plans to renovate within the next few months so we hope to see you again the next time you are in Somerset so that we can show a much improved experience.

All the Best

Drea J
Front Office Manager
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 10 June 2014

My sister and I stayed in this hotel for a convention recently. We checked in and brought our items to an empty room. After unpacking a bit, we headed back to the convention for the remainder of the evening. Returning to our room around 2am, we found that there had been SOMEONE ELSE IN OUR ROOM! There was a jacket on one bed, men's shoes on the floor, a backpack on the other bed, a suitcase beside my own and men's clothing on a chair. After calling the front desk, rather than automatically sending a manager up to our room to clear things up, I was put on hold 3+ times until I finally needed to request a manager. After the manager came up, they removed the other guest's items and changed our room keys so the other person could not get in again. They also told us that we would get a discount on the room (of which is on the final bill, but we still haven't gotten the money put back into our account). I was happy that the manager cleared up the issue quickly and calmly. What didn't sink in until the next day or so was that I was told "Oh, there are so many people checking in with rooms not under their names that if they tell the front desk a room number, we make them a key." That is completely unprofessional and terrifying. We had objects of value in our room that we THOUGHT would be safe. Also, the only ice machine that worked was apparently on the 8th floor which cracked me up. For as much as you pay for the hotel, you'd think they'd at least have those working. Honestly, I don't think I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank ngc722
Jersey Shore, New Jersey
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I had a very nice stay at this hotel you really get what you pay for and more :) a very nice staff especially Gerry at the front desk I made the reservation with her over the phone she was very nice n a pleasant person to talk to... And Edward too.... Thank you guys very much:)))

• Stayed June 2014
Sayreville, New Jersey
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Had a great time staff was excellent extremely friendly and willing to go the extra mile. Rooms were very clean and the food was excellent. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area. It was a great experience.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple