See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 September 2014

I Wen't for a weekend with a few couples, Pictures were very deceiving. where to start?

Tennis Court: Damaged and destroyed, Grass growing out of the bubbling and cracked concrete.
Basketball Court: rim is hanging forward and is playable but also not as advertised.
Outdoor Pool: Got there about 2PM and the pool was full of leafs and not swim-able unless you'd like to be covered in leafs.

We finally go back to the room and I was just about to jump in the shower until I noticed that there was mold on the ceiling. that is when I packed my bags as did all my friends as another found mold in their shower as well and left for a different hotel. On the way out the gentleman at the front desk saw us leaving and said we will get charged an extra $50 for leaving early. We asked for the manager who came in a electrician uniform and when we showed the images he said "well I can give you one night comped but that's about all I can do".

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Michelle S, General Manager at Hotel Somerset-Bridgewater, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2014

Dear oftentravel2014,

I am sorry that you had an unsatisfactory experience here at the hotel. I am sorry if our facilities did not meet your standards. I apologize for the leaves in the pool as it is fall and we are trying to appease our guests with the last nice days that Summer may overflow into the fall with the nice weather to enjoy the pool however the leaves are indeed falling from the trees. We try to keep up with the maintenance on the pool is done every 2 hours . The mold in your shower is certainly unacceptable and not the product we are accustomed to deliver. Our renovations are starting very soon and we hope that you will give us another chance." The electrician" was actually our Chief Engineer and was the manager on duty that day, I am glad that he was able to refund the room for you due to your dissatisfaction.

Regards,

Reviewed 31 August 2014

This hotel is labeled 3.5 stars from Priceline.com, but it is actually like a Super 8. The room smells like mold and I can't open the window for fresh air, there is water damage on the ceiling and the bathroom walls, the furniture is broken and not matching, they look nothing like the pictures on the websites, the front desk staff is rude. The only staff member that I have run into who is polite is the cleaning staff, Maria. This place needs a major overhaul if is wants to be a 3.5 star hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Michelle S, General Manager at Hotel Somerset-Bridgewater, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2014

Dear Hijabicycle,

I am so sorry that you did not enjoy your stay . We are rated online by our guests on Priceline and other various Third Party Websites and I am sorry you do not share in the majority of them of having a great guest experience. If there was any trouble in your room we would have been happy to put you in a room more suitable to your tastes. We always aim for guest satisfaction I do apologize that you were not satisfied.

Regards,

General manager

Reviewed 24 August 2014

Stayed Saturday for a wedding, had to check in early at 10am due to traveling from out of town. Gerry at the front desk took care of everything and was overly helpful. She also took us to the wedding venue at the palace at 5pm via the hotel shuttle, and picked us up at 1130! Couldnt have been nicer, and she was there bright and early the next morning working the front desk. I wish I had somebody like that working for me. Hotel was nice and clean, nothing too fancy but for 100 bucks it was perfect and a great value. The hotel doesn't look nice from the outside, but inside everything is well kept and I would definitely stay again

• Stayed: August 2014

Dear sammythebull1,

I am very appreciative of your comments on your stay here at The Hotel Somerset Bridgewater, NJ. We are here to deliver the best guest experience that we possibly can in order to maintain the ultimate guest satisfaction. I am so glad that Gerry was very accommodating for you and went over and beyond . We hope that when you are in the area again that we will see you!

Best Regards,

Reviewed 23 August 2014

We stayed overnight at the Somerset hotel during a brief visit to New Jersey. We found the hotel to be very comfortable, extremely clean, very convenient and reasonably priced. The beds and pillows were particularly comfortable making for a restful night. We had a pleasant breakfast in the restaurant and found the staff at the hotel to be courteous and professional.

Room Tip: It was a quiet hotel but higher floors ar probably more quiet. would also recommend not being too close to the elevators.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear SanibelSandyman,

I wanted to thank you for your kind words about your stay and our staff. We take our reviews very seriously and take each one to heart as a coaching experience for the team.. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay and were made to feel comfortable. I will convey your kindness to our staff. Be well and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

I came for the weekend with my husband. The beds are super comfortable. We had a problem with the ac so we called downstairs and a repair guy was there within 5 minutes. I also called down later for more shampoo so they sent a guy up right away, he just shoved it in my hand and ran. I don't know what he was scared of, he didn't even say a word to me. Also, the bathtub/shower was dated and peeling a little bit, but they are in middle of renovations so it was understandable. The rest of the furniture in the room was really nice and updated.

On Saturday we wanted to change rooms. Anasthasia, at the front desk, was really nice and friendly. She was in the process of checking for a room when her co-worker, Gerry, stepped in and was telling her that she couldn't and gave her a lot of problems. She was real nasty and was looking for every way to make sure we didn't get the room we wanted. Finally someone else came in and she got busy with them (thank god ) and Anasthasia was able to help us and gave us what we wanted. Thanks so much anasthasia, you're really nice and helpful.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Chaya G,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing . I take all of our reviews very seriously and follow up with each employee with a coaching session. I am glad that Anastasia had made you feel like you feel comfortable . We hope to see you again soon to see our renovation progress.