See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 September 2014 via mobile

The staff was very accommodating. The bartender Patricia was outstanding. The food was good. But the rooms were not the clean. The chair in our room had so many stains we wouldn't even put anything on it let alone actually use it. The bar is dark and has gnats. Overall very run down. Hotwire says 3stars. No way! We will look elsewhere next trip.

• Stayed: September 2014
Michelle S, General Manager at Hotel Somerset-Bridgewater, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2014

Dear Rep1txg.

I am sorry that you had an unsatisfactory experience here at the hotel. I am sorry if our facilities did not meet your standards.. Our renovations are starting very soon and we hope that you will give us another chance."

Best Regards,

Reviewed 6 September 2014

The hotel staff is pleasant. Upon arriving at the hotel we were greeted and given a non smoking room which smelled of smoke. The next room that they gave us also a " Non Smoking room" had a old smokey smell. The third room was an upgrade with a balcony and did not smell, but was dusty. The outdoor pool was a mess! There was green and black mold near the pool intake area and the filter basket was filled with decaying leaves. In the exercise room :The elliptical machine was broken,rusty and missing one of the hand grips. The food served in the lounge area was delicious, but the seating is low and uncomfortable. Truly a disappointing experience!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Michelle S, General Manager at Hotel Somerset-Bridgewater, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2014

Dear Lisa M.,

I am truly sorry about the smoke smell in the rooms you tried check into , I assure you we are a non smoking hotel . On occasion unfortunately , we do have guests that smoke in the rooms and they are charged for it . We ionize the rooms and deep clean them . As for the pool it is the last of the nice days of the season and unfortunately we try keeping up with the foliage of fall from getting into the pool on a daily basis. I am glad that you enjoyed your meal and we hope that we see you again.

Michelle Sataniik

Reviewed 3 September 2014

I Wen't for a weekend with a few couples, Pictures were very deceiving. where to start?

Tennis Court: Damaged and destroyed, Grass growing out of the bubbling and cracked concrete.
Basketball Court: rim is hanging forward and is playable but also not as advertised.
Outdoor Pool: Got there about 2PM and the pool was full of leafs and not swim-able unless you'd like to be covered in leafs.

We finally go back to the room and I was just about to jump in the shower until I noticed that there was mold on the ceiling. that is when I packed my bags as did all my friends as another found mold in their shower as well and left for a different hotel. On the way out the gentleman at the front desk saw us leaving and said we will get charged an extra $50 for leaving early. We asked for the manager who came in a electrician uniform and when we showed the images he said "well I can give you one night comped but that's about all I can do".

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear oftentravel2014,

I am sorry that you had an unsatisfactory experience here at the hotel. I am sorry if our facilities did not meet your standards. I apologize for the leaves in the pool as it is fall and we are trying to appease our guests with the last nice days that Summer may overflow into the fall with the nice weather to enjoy the pool however the leaves are indeed falling from the trees. We try to keep up with the maintenance on the pool is done every 2 hours . The mold in your shower is certainly unacceptable and not the product we are accustomed to deliver. Our renovations are starting very soon and we hope that you will give us another chance." The electrician" was actually our Chief Engineer and was the manager on duty that day, I am glad that he was able to refund the room for you due to your dissatisfaction.

Reviewed 31 August 2014

This hotel is labeled 3.5 stars from Priceline.com, but it is actually like a Super 8. The room smells like mold and I can't open the window for fresh air, there is water damage on the ceiling and the bathroom walls, the furniture is broken and not matching, they look nothing like the pictures on the websites, the front desk staff is rude. The only staff member that I have run into who is polite is the cleaning staff, Maria. This place needs a major overhaul if is wants to be a 3.5 star hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Michelle S, General Manager at Hotel Somerset-Bridgewater, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2014

Dear Hijabicycle,

I am so sorry that you did not enjoy your stay . We are rated online by our guests on Priceline and other various Third Party Websites and I am sorry you do not share in the majority of them of having a great guest experience. If there was any trouble in your room we would have been happy to put you in a room more suitable to your tastes. We always aim for guest satisfaction I do apologize that you were not satisfied.

General manager

Reviewed 24 August 2014

Stayed Saturday for a wedding, had to check in early at 10am due to traveling from out of town. Gerry at the front desk took care of everything and was overly helpful. She also took us to the wedding venue at the palace at 5pm via the hotel shuttle, and picked us up at 1130! Couldnt have been nicer, and she was there bright and early the next morning working the front desk. I wish I had somebody like that working for me. Hotel was nice and clean, nothing too fancy but for 100 bucks it was perfect and a great value. The hotel doesn't look nice from the outside, but inside everything is well kept and I would definitely stay again

• Stayed: August 2014

Dear sammythebull1,

I am very appreciative of your comments on your stay here at The Hotel Somerset Bridgewater, NJ. We are here to deliver the best guest experience that we possibly can in order to maintain the ultimate guest satisfaction. I am so glad that Gerry was very accommodating for you and went over and beyond . We hope that when you are in the area again that we will see you!

Best Regards,