See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 October 2016

Hotel was under construction which was fine. We took the hotel via priceline and their right up of pet friendly encourages you to bring your pets as they are "pet friendly" what they don't tell you is that comes at the cost of $50.00 for your pet. The pet fee was close to the room rate we got. No complaints of the room. Clean and efficient. Elevators are little creepy as in old. Clerk gave great recommendations for dinner.

Room Tip: If you have a pet, look elsewhere....if not, okay.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Michelle S, General Manager at Hotel Somerset-Bridgewater, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2016

Dear kdfraz07,

Thank your for your feedback and staying with us. I do apologize if the pet fee was not clearly posted by Priceline I will certainly address with them as we have it posted on our website. I am glad that you did enjoy your stay and the team. We hope to see you on the next visit and give us a call directly next time and we can discuss the pet fee.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 9 October 2016

i have a very good one night stay even though they are currently under construction and remolding. they are upgrading to a crown plaza which is part of the IHG brands, i would recomend this location for your stay

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Michelle S, General Manager at Hotel Somerset-Bridgewater, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2016

Dear Jeffery,

Thank you for staying with us and despite the renovation I am glad that it did not disturb your stay with us. We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to your continued stays with us, as you can see the progress we are making week to week. See you again soon.

Reviewed 30 September 2016

Clean, close to the city, very friendly and accommodating staff! We had a great time and will definitely be back. The restaurant was amazing when it was open. Shawn and Gio were extremely helpful both days we were there.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Kimberly S
Michelle S, General Manager at Hotel Somerset-Bridgewater, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2016

Dear KimberlyS,

Thank you for staying with us and I appreciate your business and feedback . I will make sure that I send compliments to the Chef. Hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 30 September 2016

I loved the service and the food especially...my husband and I needed a little getaway and found this Jem. I was so happy with the service that I told a few of my other friends to check it out. We stayed for a weekend and already planning another stay.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nicole T

Dear Nicole T,

So happy that you and your husband enjoyed staying with us in Somerset. We always aim to deliver the best customer service that we can and I am so glad that you will be back with your friends. There really are many things to do ,that the area has to offer. See you soon!

Reviewed 30 September 2016

This hotel was extremely well priced and the staff went above and beyond!!

A quick shuttle ride from the NJ Path Train Stations that will take you directly to NY CIty and the hotel is less than ten minutes downtown New Brunswick and Rutgers Campus.

The two men at the front desk were always cheerful and glad to help with everything from calling us a taxi to restaurant recommendations all the way in NYC.

This place is really great, we will definitely be coming back here.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Emily,

I am glad that you enjoyed your getaway from NYC to spend the weekend with us while visiting Rutgers. I hope that you got to enjoy downtown New Brunswick as well. I will extend your Kudos to the desk team and we hope to see you again very soon.

Best Regards,