See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 October 2016

I was in town for the Kiss convention and we booked the Saturday night.
Booking at the convention was a nightmare and the desk people that answered the phone where not great.But we final talked to one guy and he was amazing.
Got the room at the rate.
Check was not as smooth as I think we check in as the young lady was trying to have lunch and really didn't want to help us .. saying room was not ready yet which was kinda shocking as it was 3;30..but it gets better from there.
Final get into the room and it is great,nice size and clean,great shower and all in all a great room.
With hotel under construction a lot of the things you may want are not available ,but we knew that going in.
went to the front desk and asked for a restaurant near by for dinner The gentleman working the front desk was AMAZING.He asked what we where looking gave us lots of options and printed out maps..Absolutely Amazing and Fun!! (only wish we got his name)
After dinner had a few drinks in the bar which was open,but not sure if that was because of the convention or if its always open.The Bar was fun and the guys severing was great.
Check out was a breeze.

All in all we went in not expecting much and besides check in the hotel was great. I think once the renovations are done it will be even better.
Another problem is its really not around anything so you kinda need a car or use the hotel shuttle to go just about anywhere.
we would stay here again.

Room Tip: Makes sure what you is available before you book..as hotel is under construction
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Michelle S, General Manager at Hotel Somerset-Bridgewater, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2016

Dear Garry,

Thank you for coming to the KISS convention it was a blast! We enjoyed having everyone here it was a fun weekend. Thank you for being understanding about the renovations as we are working hard on not impeding on anyone's stay. I am sorry that check in was a challenge I will definitely bring it to the attention of the desk manager and team, otherwise I am very happy that you enjoyed the team and your stay. We hope to see you again next year.

Best Regards,

General manager

Reviewed 11 October 2016

Hotel was under construction which was fine. We took the hotel via priceline and their right up of pet friendly encourages you to bring your pets as they are "pet friendly" what they don't tell you is that comes at the cost of $50.00 for your pet. The pet fee was close to the room rate we got. No complaints of the room. Clean and efficient. Elevators are little creepy as in old. Clerk gave great recommendations for dinner.

Room Tip: If you have a pet, look elsewhere....if not, okay.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Michelle S, General Manager at Hotel Somerset-Bridgewater, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2016

Dear kdfraz07,

Thank your for your feedback and staying with us. I do apologize if the pet fee was not clearly posted by Priceline I will certainly address with them as we have it posted on our website. I am glad that you did enjoy your stay and the team. We hope to see you on the next visit and give us a call directly next time and we can discuss the pet fee.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 9 October 2016

i have a very good one night stay even though they are currently under construction and remolding. they are upgrading to a crown plaza which is part of the IHG brands, i would recomend this location for your stay

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Michelle S, General Manager at Hotel Somerset-Bridgewater, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2016

Dear Jeffery,

Thank you for staying with us and despite the renovation I am glad that it did not disturb your stay with us. We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to your continued stays with us, as you can see the progress we are making week to week. See you again soon.

Reviewed 30 September 2016

Clean, close to the city, very friendly and accommodating staff! We had a great time and will definitely be back. The restaurant was amazing when it was open. Shawn and Gio were extremely helpful both days we were there.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Kimberly S
Michelle S, General Manager at Hotel Somerset-Bridgewater, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2016

Dear KimberlyS,

Thank you for staying with us and I appreciate your business and feedback . I will make sure that I send compliments to the Chef. Hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 30 September 2016

I loved the service and the food especially...my husband and I needed a little getaway and found this Jem. I was so happy with the service that I told a few of my other friends to check it out. We stayed for a weekend and already planning another stay.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nicole T

Dear Nicole T,

So happy that you and your husband enjoyed staying with us in Somerset. We always aim to deliver the best customer service that we can and I am so glad that you will be back with your friends. There really are many things to do ,that the area has to offer. See you soon!