“Dated but Clean”

Fairbridge Hotel & Conference Center Somerset
Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Somerset
Reviewed 22 April 2013

I stayed one night on business and was very satisfied with this Holiday Inn. Yes this hotel has been around for a long time but I would much rather have a dated but clean hotel than a new but dirty hotel. The check inn was very smooth. The young lady at the desk was both efficient and professional. The room was both large and CLEAN. The bed was great. I was sound asleep two minutes after my head hit the pillow! After a great night sleep I enjoyed a hot shower in a clean bathroom.
I agree with the other reviewers who commented on the lack of electric outlets with the television and lamps connected to extension cords. I was lucky that I only had a cell phone charger to plug in.

This hotel is located 3 minutes from I-287 Exit 10. I would stay here again.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 8 April 2013

This Holiday Inn was a so-so hotel. The hotel is located near the highway and is quite a distance to decent restaurants. If you only stay here for a day or two for business, that’s a decent choice. But with stay more than 2 days, you probably want to find something better.

The hotel was visibly old and dark. Deco was in the 80s and definitely outdated. You can hear the TV blasting from the adjacent rooms.

The service as the reception desk was pretty good. I didn’t try their breakfast or café, so cannot provide comments on those services.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Fairbridge Hotel & Conference Center Somerset, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2013

Dear INTLTRVLDUDE,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. It is great to know that the service you received was up to standards. However, I regret that you found the ambiance of our property to be less than satisfactory. We take all reviews negative or positive very seriously and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Kind Regards,

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 20 March 2013

I've been coming here since this hotel was built. It has got a lot better over the years. The rooms are consistently clean and spotless. The room service is good and the room service menu prices were reasonable. The Crab cake sandwich is excellent and shouldn't be missed! The front staff folks are friendly and helpful. My wife and I second honey-mooned here. The breakfast buffet is pretty good too. Just make sure you don't visit when the Rutgers University Scarlet Knights football team is playing at home!

Room Tip: Top floor is the quietest, families are usually on the bottom two floors.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 March 2013

Holiday Inns are usually very dependable and this was was no different. It was a big hotel and they put me on an upper floor so it was a long walk to and from my vehicle but that was not their fault, it just worked out that way. And my usual complaint with the Holiday Inns that are not 'Express's' is that they don't provide a breakfast witht the room and their restaurants are always 'high end'$$$.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 February 2013

Very impressed with this hotel. I was there for an event, but hotel looked clean and well maintained. The staff was really friendly, at the front desk and the service staff for our event. Definitely would recommend. We had a few people stay in the rooms, and they were very nice as well. Would highly recommend the hotel for anyone thats going to be in the area.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 January 2013

This is a nice basic holiday inn. The rooms are clean and seem to be freshly decorated. I asked for a fridge in my room that I got right away, but had to pay extra for. It was nice to have the hot breakfast available in the hotel with an omelet bar! I also got room service one day and they followed exactly what I asked for and the guy that brought my room service was very nice and courteous, he even without asking, went down to get my receipt because I told him that I was checking out that morning. The check in staff can be more friendly though, when I asked for dinner recommendations, the lady didn't really know anything.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank CoptRWF
Reviewed 30 November 2012

We stayed here with our team for a soccer tournament. Staff was friendly and hotel appeared clean. Restaurant/bar was good and also reasonable. No complaints. I would stay here again.
Why is there a 200 character minimum?

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family