“Much better than anticipated.”

Fairbridge Hotel & Conference Center Somerset
Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Somerset
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I never stayed at Holiday Inn before, so I had pretty low expectations. Have to say that I was pleasantly surprised with my stay here. We had to book a room here for my daughter's dance competition down the road and it was the most reasonably priced out of all the other options.

The hotel looked like it was in the middle of some renovations, but it was still very clean and there were no obstructions that prevented you from getting around.

I liked that the hotel had a sports bar in it that served food. It was actually very large, the food was decent and the service was excellent!

Our room was very comfortable and large enough for our needs. Beds were good and everything was very clean.

Let's face it, the place is a Holiday Inn, not the Ritz Carlton, so as long as keep your expectations in check, you should enjoy your stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 29 July 2014

1. I called int he morning to ask them to reserve me a connecting room since I booked 7 rooms over the weekend, so with kids, you need a connecting room.

They said no problem we got that for you.

I come there to check in and they say sorry we dont have connecting rooms for you NONE. I said that i called and the only reason I came is my kids should have a separate room to sleep but I should be able to watch on them.

Anything I asked for was a no, whatever I tried the answer was sorry there is nothing we can do.

The lobby is horrible, no where to sit besides a couch and 2 Chairs.

They close the pool area at 8 when we wanted to chill outdoors since indoors is tight as can be.

The rooms are tiny and old.

Never again!

Room Tip: Dont Book it its horrible and tiny
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Davidsss11219
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Fairbridge Hotel & Conference Center Somerset, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear Davidsss11219,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. We would like to apologize for the overall issues you had during your stay. It is regrettable that we fell below your expectations. We have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain some additional details. Thank you for staying and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Anthony M

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed here for a local soccer tournament and had booked 2 rooms as there were five of us. I called to book the reservation instead of booking online to inquire about adjoining rooms. I also re-confirmed directly with the hotel the morning of our arrival to ensure that the rooms would be adjoining and was assured this would not be an issue. Needless to say we were disappointed upon arrival that it was, in fact, an issue and it took nearly a half hour of our time to sort it out (we eventually were given adjoining rooms). Overall, the rooms were fine and clean. The kids enjoyed the pool with their friends and the restaurant onsite was convenient.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Management08031, Manager at Fairbridge Hotel & Conference Center Somerset, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

We appreciate your comments on our hotel and thank you for your stay at our property. We apologize for the issue with the adjoining rooms, summer is one of our busier times of the year and with limited availability check-in time can play a role in its delay. Please rest assured that we have worked to improve the system so room requests are detailed well before check in and arrangements can be made prior. We are glad you enjoyed the pool and the restaurant, and we welcome you back to our hotel for your next stay in the area. Thanks.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

The room was fairly large and clean. The air conditioner was a bit noisy. The breakfast was standard fare buffet and the bar was spartan and very bright? The staff was friendly and helpful but when I asked for a taxi, they booked a limo instead. This cost $45 for a 7 mile trip which seemed steep as I am pretty sure a taxi would have been half the cost. They must have deal with a car service.

Stayed: June 2014
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Fairbridge Hotel & Conference Center Somerset, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear Dan L,

Thank you for taking the time in completing a review about your stay. I am glad that you liked our large and clean rooms. However, we apologize for the noise challenges experienced which has negatively impacted your stay. The review we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.

Kind Regards,

Charisse V.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

We stayed one night on our way through town. It is very hard to find off the express way so make sure you have a good GPS. We arrived around 9pm on a Saturday. Check in was fast and efficient but not especially friendly. Our room was on the 5th floor which was fine except only one elevator was working. The room was clean but is in need of updating. Our biggest complaint was our restaurant experience. There were only 4 guests at tables when we ate dinner, and 2 servers. The servers were friendly when you could get their attention, but they disappeared for long periods of time. We were never offered water, I was served something I didn't order, and we literally had to push our drinks to the end of the table for the server to ask if we wanted another. We also had to flag the server down to get our check.
The gym is small and outdated. The elliptical was not working properly and the equipment was dirty.
The morning coffee in the lobby was a joke. I was able to get one cup and then through out the morning as I went by the two empty pots remained empty and the table filled with empty dirty cups. I think they want you to buy the Starbucks self service coffee.
For the price of this hotel the little things should shine and they don't.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank practicingvacation

Dear practicingvacation,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad to hear that your check-in experience went smoothly. We always make it our top priority to provide our guests with good value accommodations. It is truly regrettable that some aspects of our facility especially the level of service you have received fell below your expectations. I have taken your feedback into account and will be used to consider improvements in the areas you have mentioned.

Once again, thank you for staying and we look forward to the chance of hosting you again.

Faith R

Reviewed 12 June 2014

I stayed here recently to attend a convention. I'm a platinum ambassador in the IHG's loyalty program so I've stayed at a LOT of their locations, but for this trip, the room wasn't under my name - even so, the staff treated me with the courtesy and acknowledgement that made me, well, /loyal/ in the first place. Michelle at the front desk was superb and friendly and the manager, as well, whose name I confess I can't remember (He did tell me! I was just incredibly tired. I think it also started with M) provided awesome service. I've had problems at other Holiday Inns with controling the air conditioning, but that wasn't an issue here. The beds were comfortable and the rooms were clean. The lobby was also pretty cute and my group made use of the coffee dispenser in the little convenience store for our early mornings. It was a nice respite from the hustle of the convention across the street.

For anyone coming in from New York, the closest train station is NOT New Brunswick. It's Bound Brook on the Raritan Valley line.

Room Tip: I had a nice view of the pool on the 6th floor.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank NewtypeGirlie
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Once we found the hotel, it was a very nice place. People at desk were friendly, especially in trying to find the luggage carts that guests took into their rooms and kept them Room was clean and comfortable.
The only thing that was slightly unpleasant was that the Spanish hosts of the restaurant asked 3 times, though politely, about our service dog in which my wife produced paperwork. They weren't prepared for that to happen, and much was lost in the translation.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple