“great hotel and great staff”
Review of Clarion Hotel

Clarion Hotel
Ranked #15 of 16 Hotels in Somerset
new york, United States
“great hotel and great staff”
Reviewed 31 January 2014

I was really enjoyed my stay with la quinta somerset in new jersey , the hotel and service are excellent and the staff there are so friendly and very helpful , when I arrived the hotel it was 02.00 am I had very fast check in , when I went to the room I found it very clean and quite , the rate was very affordable comparing with the level of service , it was really very nice stay and I hope to back again

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Dudley, Massachusetts
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I just returned from another business trip to the Central New Jersey area. I was trying to find a good , clean economical hotel in the area , and I think I found one at the LQ in Somerset.

After a long day I arrived late to the hotel and even though it was dark, I found the grounds to be clean. ( Good Start)

It was also refreshing to find the Front Desk Clerk friendly and attentive. ( This isn't the norm in this area) I couldn't believe how friendly and quick the registration process was. ( Also very good).

While walking up to my room, I noticed the pool area, that appeared clean and soon after entered my room.. My room was large, modern and clean. The bedding also appeared to be newer . It was very comfortable.

A few minutes after I arrived I noticed I had problems with the TV. I called the front desk, and within ( 45 seconds) the same front desk clerk who checked me in, was upstairs fixing the TV. Nothing serious, I believe one oft the wires was loose or something.

The next morning, I traveled to the bar area which also looked modern, for a cup of coffee. They had complimentary breakfast . It looked average but was well presented. I declined as I had a business breakfast.

I liked this hotel and would stay again. It is not the RITZ, but if you are looking for a clean comfortable , economical hotel, this is solid.

3 Thank Jvol365
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 20 January 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at the La Quinta in Somerset and was very pleased! They have an amazing staff, I couldn't have been happier! I stayed in their suite with the king size bed, pull out couch, 2 refrigerators, a microwave and a stove. I enjoyed the pool downstairs, the gym and sauna! Tried the Resteraunt but was dissapointed! Too much money on the menu considering the poor quality! But i do know that depending on who is cooking, depends on the value of thé food. Thé new cook is far below sub par but the older chef that has been there makes amazing dishes! Cross your fingers and pray hé cooks for you!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Woodbridge, United States
Reviewed 12 January 2014

This hotel is just amazing! Their service is quick. The staff made me feel comfortable during my stay and same with the check in process as well. I would definitely recommend this place to all of my family and friends. Great Job La Quinta!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo

1 Thank Alain P
new york
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Big mistake.
the good:
1-i was pleasantly surprised as the breakfast was great and was having cold and hot items.great service by the host.
2-Big size rooms.
3-Affordable price.
4-Very comfortable bed.
the BAD:
1-the temp was set at 63,yes 63 in January when its freezing out and snowing,it was warmer in the hall then in the room.you cant adjust the temperature as its remotely set.
2-dirty uncleaned bathroom, dirt liquid stains near the windows,cigarette burns in the comforter,lamp shades stained,wall paper falling apart.
3-Staff with mustache was ogling women patrons, that's very disrespectful and makes them feel uncomfortable.
4-you can hear the talk in the rooms next to you on both sides.
5-Truck noise passing by.
Conclusion: For the same price you can stay at another hotel,multiple choices very close.
This is not a 3 star hotel by any stretch of the imagination,its a good hotel if it was classified as a one star hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Somerset hotels

Old Bridge, United States
Reviewed 5 January 2014

I have enjoyed staying at La Quinta Inns & Suites they have serviced me very well. They made my stay very comfortable. Their food is outstanding! This is a place that is recommended to all my friends and family.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo

Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Reviewed 2 January 2014

If you want a good night’s rest, go elsewhere

We specifically asked for a quiet room, I guess they thought over the lounge/bar would due. Up until midnight it was fine, between 12:30 am and 2:30 am, the rabble-rousers let loose and our sleep was through. This is all in addition to the poor quality of the mattresses, the garbage lining the hallway, and the uncaring staff that responded, “Well… whaddya want me to do?”

Room Tip: Try the opposite corner of the building or another inn