DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Somerset
Troy, United States
“Nuisance”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

First, I had to have the key card reprogrammed before I could get into my room. Room was fine. Everything seemed to function well. However, I was not in the room very much. I noticed residual toilet tissue in the bowl and thought nothing of it. However, the last night it became clear that the toilet was not functioning properly. It would not flush completely. As it was late and I was dressed for bed, I did not call maintenance. I am sure they would have fixed it... but I was not willing to stay up and wait for them. At checkout, I advised the clerk who apologized. Ok... but did not meet my expectations for a Hilton property.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Kathleen A H
DoubleTree by H... S, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our TripAdvisor site. The comments that are provided by our guest help us to ensure these issues are addressed and fixed. On behalf of the DoubleTree Hotel & Executive Meeting Center - Somerset, please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience your endured. Certainly, this is not the type of guest experience we are trying to provide.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Chandigarh, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

I had stayed for 1 night along with a friend. It is far off from city.I had difficulty to locate though GPS. The staff was cooperative and communicative. The rooms are just OK in all respects. The hotel surrounding is good. I advise you to pack food in advance as no food outlet nearby. It is famous for holding marriage especially Indian marriages.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
DoubleTree by H... S, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Thank you for taking out the time to write a review on our TripAdvisor page. We try to provide our guest with the excellent service. We have two restaurants that were available to you located on the lobby level, and also many take out restaurants, but I do agree with you we are not located by much food options. I hope that your stay with us was enjoyable otherwise!
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

The grounds are nice, the staff was nice, the lobby is attractive, the bed was too soft. We were attending the Steampunk World's Fair. Many other attendees at this event were also in the hotel, and the staff was actually interested in the event. Previousl Jeff Mach events have used the hotel as a main "Con" location, so in effect we were coming back to a familiar place.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for coming back to our property, I am glad that we were able to accommodate you in the past, and you were able to return! Our staff strive to provide genuine customer service to our guest. I am glad that you were able to have a good time at the Steampunk World's Fair event, and come back to the property that you felt was familiar! We hope to provide you with excellent service again in the future!
Waconia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

Rooms were nice and the staff was friendly. Good restaurants and the food was excellent. It was a little tough to get to, Off the freeway but a lot of side roads were required to get to the place. Make sure you have your directions handy

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for writing a review on our TripAdvisor page. I do have to agree it can be definitely tricky getting to our property! I am very glad that you were able to find us and have an enjoyable stay. I am glad that the restaurant was able to provide you with great service and that the food was excellent! We hope that you come visit us again in the future!
Hillsborough, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

I stayed for two nights at the doubletree, was greeted with a warm cookie, and asked if I wanted my room away/near the elevator. The room was clean, and smelled good. I ordered room service the first night, it was prompt, and reasonably priced in addition to tasting great. I look forward to my next stay there.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Your kind and gracious comments regarding the Hotel facilities and the exceptional service and attention you received from the entire staff are greatly appreciated. Indeed, they are all true service-oriented professionals. I am very pleased that your experience was a great one with us! We hope to see you again in the future!
Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

my hotel of choice while travelling around the east coast, is usually the Double tree by Hilton
until I came across this particular one. The hotel has a nice exterior presence , however, when i arrived at my room and entered, I was so shocked to see a tired and old room that has not been modernized liked the others I have stayed in. The furniture was out of the 1970's, the bed was not that comfortable, (twin beds, something out of an I love Lucy show), and the room was just old and tired. Comfort Inn is more updated than this place. I WOULD ADVISE NOT TO STAY HERE UNTIL
some serious remodeling goes into effect. Don't believe these other reviews on here, i just stayed here 3 days ago!!! Staff was nice.

Room Tip: don't always believe the ratings people give places
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank BennyBones
On behalf of the Doubletree Hotel & Executive Meeting Center - Somerset, please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience your endured. Certainly, this is not the type of guest experience we are trying to provide. We are due to have renovations in the near future to take care of these issues. Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our TripAdvisor site.

Travellers are raving about these Somerset hotels

Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here overnight. Check in was swift & the room amenities are sufficient. Only it lacked a mini refrigerator and a safety box in the room. Overall, the condition is clean, good and peaceful. Did not try the breakfast coz checking out early.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
First and foremost I want to thank you for writing a review on our tripadvisor site. I am very glad that your check-in process was very quick and pleasant. As for the room amenities, we do offer a mini refrigerator at an additional cost, and we have safety deposit boxes in our back office. I am sorry that we were unable to accommodate your needs, but I do hope you will be able to visit us again in the near future.