“Terrible Noise Issues”

Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Somerset
Pasadena, United States
“Terrible Noise Issues”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

This hotel needed to update its soundproofing. In my stay I was on the third floor overlooking a patio/stairwell area that lead to the outside hotel pool. The stay was during a large Anime/Comic Book convention and from my room I had to listen to drunk people shouting and carrying on until close to 3 am. I have never gotten such bad sleep at a hotel due to an access of noise.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

DoubleTree by H... S, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete our comment card during your recent stay. It is through such candid feedback that we continue to improve upon our product and services. On behalf of the Doubletree Hotel & Executive Meeting Center - Somerset, please accept my sincerest apologies for the disturbance you endured from the neighboring room. Certainly, this is not the type of guest experience we are trying to provide. I am particularly sorry that we were unaware of the problem at the time so that immediate corrective action could be taken.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Rolling Meadows, Illinois
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I forgot to book my room, but Alexandra at the front desk took care of me. The staff was helpful. when I told them the ice machine on my floor was broken, they brought up a bucket of ice. The rooms were nice and beds were very comfy.

Good exercise room and great breakfast.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
DoubleTree by H... S, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to respond to our survey! Your kind and gracious comments regarding the Hotel facilities and the exceptional service and attention you received from Alexandra are greatly appreciated. Indeed, she is a true service-oriented professional. I have taken the liberty of sharing your comments with her and her Manager. I hope that when you are in the area again, you come in and visit us again!
Rochester, New Hampshire
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I never post reviews but this one is worth it, to save my fellow travellers from this place:

The good:
* reasonably clean
* nicely furnished
* Wifi worked well
* the staff was friendly

The bad:
* Horrible A/C. There is no way to keep the fan always "on" with the AC, so sometimes it's totally silent then when the A/C kicks on it is incredibly loud. I could NOT sleep with the machine and had to run in fan only mode (with no AC) so the room got hot.
* toilet tank had a problem and dumped couple gallons of water on the floor before I noticed and turned off the valve. I used towels to keep the water from hitting the carpet, but when they repaired it, they leaked a lot of water onto the carpet so they put one of those industrial blowers in the room to dry it off. Was too much hassle to get a new room for one more night so I stayed. They gave me quite a few bonus Hilton points, which was nice
* the knob to turn on the shower was worn out so I had to pull with incredible force to lift it and get water to come out of the shower
* the shower head was horrible. couldn't change the pressure and it was like getting hit with a firehose
* The in-room coffee 'bar' was rather humorous. Each day the cleaning staff would stock it incomplete. One day they would forget decaf, the next day they would forget cream, or sugar, or the stirrer... It was like a game wondering what they would forget this time.
* The breakfast was overpriced for what you get, but the quality was pretty good except one morning the eggs were wet and undercooked.
* the bed linens were not that great. the flat sheet had little balls of cotton as if it had been washed and used wayyy too many times. ANd there was no thin blanket. Only a huge down-like comforter and sheet.

Simply for the HVAC system alone, I will NOT be staying at this hotel again.

Room Tip: How to choose a good room? Start with a different hotel :-)
2 Thank LanceNH
On behalf of the Doubletree Hotel & Executive Meeting Center - Somerset, please accept my sincerest apologies for the discomfort you experienced due to an ineffective heating unit. Certainly, this is not the type of guest experience we are trying to provide. The room was taken out of inventory until corrective maintenance could be performed. I greatly appreciate your having brought this problem to our attention. We will be undergoing renovations this year and our AC unit is our main priority to take care of. Thank you for your feedback.

Travellers are raving about these Somerset hotels

Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel is the best. From the staff like Sarina who recognizes us, even thought we only stay here once a year. To the beautiful spacious rooms. We come every year for AnimeNext and Sarina is always there with a friendly and welcoming smile.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to complete our survey during your recent stay. It is through such candid feedback that we continue to improve upon our product and services. Your kind and gracious comments regarding the Hotel facilities and the exceptional service and attention you received from Sarina are greatly appreciated. Indeed, she is a true service-oriented professional. Frankly, my entire team makes my job embarrassingly easy! I have taken the liberty of sharing your comments with Sarina and her Front Desk Manager.
New Jersey
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We did frequent the Doubletree in Somerset NJ years ago many times with our family and friends we enjoyed every minute and now decided to do it again and have a family reunion! So on June 4th 2014 my husband and I went to check out the Doubletree, we needed to reserve about 7 or 8 rooms. Upon arrival we decided to checkout the pool area first, on the way to pool we noticed cigarette butts right by the patio/poolside rooms and the grounds were not taken care of at all. We thought, ok the season has just begun and their pool was just opened that past weekend. Trees and bushers we're not trimmed and the inside of pool around rim needed a good cleaning. But like I said we let that go considering the beginning of season. We then proceeded to the reservation desk to speak to someone about seeing a few rooms preferably poolside. MONICA who works at the reservation desk told us Carlos Velez was the person we need to get in touch with by appt. only then he would show us rooms. I asked if he can show us that day since we drove for approximately an hour and she said no only by appointment and he was busy all day. She handed me his card and we decided to look around the hotel some more, checked out the restaurants and indoor pool area. Time had past so we did call Carlos Velez, he picked up the phone very quickly, we thought wow this is good..NOT! We explained who we were and that Monica gave us his card, said he was the person to see and show us the rooms, he said she is 100% wrong! That's not his job, he is director of catering.. We went back to the front desk and of course Monica was gone, probably hiding somewhere.. We told them what Carlos said and again asked someone to show us a room, they refused and said they were all booked. I said, "there are very few cars in the parking lot!" I didn't get a response. In our opinion we were treated poorly they shrugged their shoulders as if they didn't care! These employees need ALOT MORE TRAINING!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank CCfabes
New Jersey
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Do not bother staying at this hotel! Staff was not informative at all.. Rooms were not clean, we checked in and couldn't wait to check out! You would be very uneasy with your stay here, don't take a chance.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jillian
On behalf of the Doubletree Hotel & Executive Meeting Center - Somerset, please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience you endured at our hotel. Certainly, this is not the type of guest experience we are trying to provide. My sincerest apologies for the lack of proper housekeeping attention you had in your room. Certainly this is not the level of service I have come to expect, and I agree that such an incident is unacceptable. I have shared your comments with the Executive Housekeeper for immediate follow-up.
tobeor82b
Reviewed 4 June 2014

The staff really make this hotel very nice. They are pleasurable for the most part to deal with. The rooms are average, the exercise room is a little small, but adequate for the times I visited it. Never saw the room overly crowded. The breakfast restaurant was very nice and the older lady that would greet me as I walked in made me feel like I was part of her family. The other staff in this area did a good job as well, but that one lady always made me smile. Only real problem I had was with my bill. After almost two months it still isn't right. But I have stayed at this hotel on numerous other occasions and not had any trouble with the bill.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank tobeor82b
Thank you for completing our survey! Your kind and gracious comments regarding the Hotel facilities and the exceptional service and attention you received from our restaurant hostess are greatly appreciated. Indeed, she is an all true service-oriented professional. I have taken the liberty of sharing your comments with our Food and Beverage Manager. I do want to apologize for the inconvenience with your receipt and have communicated it to our Front Desk Director.