“The worst hotel I have ever stayed in”

DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Somerset
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Where do I start? Renovated? Hardly. They updated what they had to so it would conceal what a dump it really is. The locals walk in and use the outdoor pool and take up all the chairs no security. Room was not ready at check in. Rooms were not connecting as requested. Indoor pool is filthy with NO towels!!! Was not greeted at check in!! Then given the run around as to why my room was not ready. Dirty, rude staff and over all gross. Stay at the courtyard I wish I had!!! Boo Hilton!! Should be ashamed!

• Stayed: July 2014
DoubleTree by H... S, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I'm very sorry that you were treated with an undesirable level of service. I have addressed these issues with our staff. The next time you are in the area we would love to have you come back and experience a better level of customer service. Thank you once again for your comments.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Requested a quiet room and was given a room above the pool area. My daughter was unable to sleep until the pool closed at 11. I was awakened at 4 by the sound of dropping ice from the ice machine. Breakfast opened at 7-too late to enjoy and get to our event on time. Late checkout will cost you. Expressed dissatisfaction upon checkout and I have yet to be contacted by management. At least, similar to other Doubletree locations, the cookies were awesome.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

I sincerely apologize for the noise issue encountered during your stay. Our guests’ comfort and safety is my number one concern. Your review will assist in correcting issues in the future. I do hope that the next time you are in the area you will consider staying at our property again. Thank you.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

The hotel is very nice however for the money the continental breakfast is not included and very overpriced. No fridge in room so you can not keep drinks cold or keep milk for the coffee maker that they provide in room. Beautiful quiet location.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Just wanted to thank you for your recent stay here at our property! I will make sure to share your comments with our management team and staff. So glad you were able to experience our authentic DoubleTree hospitality. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Sorry but this hotel is in need of a major face lift. The parking lot was horrible, including the surface of it, even the sign was in bad shape. The entire interior is in need or repairs and my room smelled horrible.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we apologize for the condition of your guest room. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will consider staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

our stay was very pleasant. we had good service and plenty of help from the staff. the rooms,even though a little outdated were very nice to stay in.the staff was took care of any need we needed. the restaurant we ate in had very good service. the proximity of our hotel to area things to do was very good. we would stay at this hotel again if we return for business.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Just wanted to thank you for your recent stay here at our property! So glad you were able to experience our authentic Hilton hospitality. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

The biggest issue was that the maid service was inconsistent. Coffee, cups and creamer was often not replenished at all. I stayed a week for a business trip and I found this very frustrating. Ice machines on several floors had NO ice the entire stay. The common areas (halls outside of guest rooms) did not feel like they were air conditioned. I would not stay there again.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

We’re sorry we didn’t provide the high quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we have addressed the issues you mentioned. We try to make each guest experience a great one at our hotel and your satisfaction is important to us. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you’ll give us another opportunity soon to make your stay the best it can be.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

My stay was exceptional, as were the staff. The front desk and bar staff, in particular, did much to make us feel welcome. I have to make special mention of Sarina, Sam, Michael, Jamie, Gina, and Alana, who went above and beyond to ensure our comfort. Truly amazing, wonderful people. The room was very comfortable, and the only downside to my stay was that I couldn't stay longer. I'm looking forward to next time!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
DoubleTree by H... S, Guest Service Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback and comments about our bar and front desk staff. I will make sure to share your comments with our management team. So glad you were able to experience our authentic DoubleTree hospitality. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Luis Suarez

Also consider these accommodations in or near Somerset
Courtyard Somerset
#2 of 16 in Somerset
Fairfield Inn & Suites Somerset
Sonesta ES Suites Somerset
Embassy Suites by Hilton Piscataway - Somerset

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!