“Excellent Value-close to Rutgers Univ”

DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Somerset
silver springs, MD, United States
“Excellent Value-close to Rutgers Univ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

Hotel was perfect for my needs. Great Value! Room was more spacious that I had anticipated. Very clean, quiet and with a comfortable bed. Had to go to Rutgers School of Engineering for 2 full days -5 minute drive-easy and convenient. Free Wi-Fi was a major bonus! Had lunch in lobby pub-food was fresh and reasonably priced. I will stay there again. Recommended :-)

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

DoubleTree by H... S, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
I would like to thank you for your recent stay here at the DoubleTree in Somerset. So glad you were able to experience our authentic DoubleTree hospitality. We deeply value your relationship with the DoubleTree and are committed to providing you with the highest level of service simply because our customers deserve the very best. We look forward to seeing you again hopefully, in the near future. Please let us know if there is anything you need on your next visit to make your visit to our hotel as memorable as possible.

Luis Suarez

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Liberia, Costa Rica
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

This is my second stay at this hotel, attending an annual conference. Upon check in, my room that I reserved was not available and they had a different rate than my confirmation showed. The front desk was pleasant and we eventually sorted it out and I was given a standard room which was fine, except I found it curious for a corporate hotel not to have a room safe. The air conditioning system in this hotel is bad, period. When it's hot especially, the A/C does not properly cool the rooms or meeting rooms. The bed was comfortable and my room was much better than the one I had the previous year. The staff at the hotel really were very nice and the food was good. They just need to renovate! I did not use the pools and the internet access was slow but adequate.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
DoubleTree by H... S, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback, we are sorry for the condition of your guest room. We are going under renovations soon and we apologize for all of the issues you encountered. We hope we can have another chance to show you what our warm Double Tree service is all about here at our hotel, if your travels bring you back to the area.

boynton beach
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

Air Conditioning erratic... conference rooms run down and inadequate tables... overpriced breakfast... most hotels and motels include continental breakfast... rooms should have refrigerator... we were lucky enough to have one but worry about the future..

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

DoubleTree by H... S, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Thank you for your review. I’m so sorry you experienced some issues with your air conditioning unit during your stay. Our maintenance staff works diligently to keep them in excellent condition and we are sorry to hear you didn't experience that. Please consider staying with us again the next time you are in the area. We’d love to make your stay with us the best hotel experience you've ever had.

Highland Lakes, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

Disappointed with hotel. room smelled. Not one person who helped with the baggage even at the front door to keep it open. doors not automatic so with no person to help it made it very difficult with the luggage . Small things like no water glass in the bathroom. Help at front desk were nice.

1 Thank Wendy C R
Thank you for sharing your experiences. We appreciate hearing from our guests and we would like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your time with us. We will keep your comments in mind as we continue to work to improve our on-property experience. Thanks again for your feedback and we hope to see you return soon.

Boston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

I stayed in this hotel for a month and it was my home away from home! I was impressed from the minute I walked in the door and was greeted with a smile. The Front Desk staff was very friendly and honored my requests. They gave me a great cookie as I checked in - nice and fresh! I ate dinner and breakfast here almost every day and the food was fantastic, I was very impressed with the service of the restaurant and bar and the quality of the food. The calamari and wings were great apetizers. The sandwiches were awesome and the steak I had a few nights was cooked perfectly. Housekeeping did an amazing job with my room and kept it clean and tidy during my stay.

I was very impressed with this hotel and even in the Lobby I noticed Managers in suits greeting us and asking how they can assist! I was blown away with the service!

The hotel has awesome amenities - indoor pool, outdoor pool, Tennis court and so much more!

I will be back to this hotel and you should stay here it is worth it!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank HonestmanBoston

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

although location good for us there were a multitude of problems- elevator didn't work at times, ac poor, food poor front desk people disorganized and surly room clean and pleasant but staff and food not

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with our property. Guest feedback is incredibly important to us and we are taking your comments into consideration as we improve our on-property experience. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you, if your travels bring you back to our area.

Luis Suarez

Travellers are raving about these Somerset hotels

Haverhill, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

Lots of room for improvement. Amenities are nice and common areas are beautiful, but rooms are average at best. Price is reasonable. Pub got my bill mixed up with another couple who did not check their bill so paid mine and I ended up with theirs. Lots of noise in the hallways after 11pm. The worst was that I reserved two rooms for family and they could not have been further apart on opposite sides of the building on different floors. The different floors I understand because one had a King and the other two full beds (which we were told were Queen when reserved). An effort could have been made to at least have the two rooms in the same general area on different floors!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family