DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Somerset
Reviewed 22 July 2014

The sheets on both beds were badly - "Pilled" and needed to be replaced. The woodwork under the bathroom vanity was stained and looked broken/rotted. Considering the brand and price there should have been a mini-fridge at the very least. Hallway was uncomfortably warm and humid.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
DoubleTree by H... S, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with our property. Guest feedback is incredibly important to us and we are taking your comments into consideration as we improve our on-property experience. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you, if your travels bring you back to our area.

Luis Suarez

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel & Conference Center

Reviewed 20 July 2014

My family and I stayed here for a wedding recently. We had booked late and weren't able to get the wedding rate, which is understandable. When I got to the hotel, the reception desk originally gave us two breakfast tickets for the morning after breakfast with the guests of the wedding and bride/groom. The attendant said that when the other guests in the room checked in (there were four of us total and I checked in first by myself), the rest of the breakfast tickets would be given to us. An hour later, we went down and asked if we could have the tickets for the breakfast. The very rude girl at the desk stated that because we didn't get the wedding rate, we would have to pay for breakfast, NO EXCEPTIONS. Besides that disappointing run-in, the rooms were not as nice as I thought they would be for the rate that we paid. Overall, I would recommend to stay in another hotel which would probably have better service for less money.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank L C
DoubleTree by H... S, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Thank you for your review of your recent experience at our hotel. We’re very sorry that you encountered an unacceptable level of service. We do our best to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. We’ve addressed these issues with our staff and hope that next time you’re in the area, you’ll visit us again and experience a higher level of customer service. Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

I stay here somewhat regularly.

The good:

The bar is friendly, flexible, great service.

The rooms are spacious and the beds are comfortable.

The breakfast in the morning is pricey but a standard high quality hilton breakfast.

The bad:
The shower has had some problem almost every time I stay there. Water pressure, heat, draining. You name it. It's not worked at some time. Early morning is the wrong time to discover a shower problem. I always hear "hard water, renovation, blah, blah."

Check the showers when the rooms are cleaned.

The wireless internet used to be terrible but it seems to have improved.

There are always tour groups there. They are not a problem. It's just unusually usual.

So, stay there, enjoy the bar, check your shower the night before...

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank SCHoosier53

First of all, thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I’m so sorry you experienced some issues with your bathroom draining system during your stay. Our maintenance staff works diligently to keep them in excellent condition and we are sorry to hear you didn't experience that. I will also make sure to share your comments about our service to our staff. Please consider staying with us again the next time you are in the area. We’d love to make your stay with us the best hotel experience you've ever had. I

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Some of the staff was rude, the elevator was broken (& I was on the 5th floor), the atm was broken, I cut myself on the booth seat in the restaurant (and the waiter said that had happened the day before too--why wasn't it fixed then?)...just not a great experience.

1  Thank Krystal W

Please accept our sincere apologies for the unfortunate experience that you had during your recent stay at DoubleTree Somerset. Please know that this is not typical of our hotel and that our operations consist to provide our guests a great experience. We have reviewed your comments with our staff and promise the situation has been addressed appropriately. If we may be of any additional assistance or if you would like to discuss your stay further, please do not hesitate to contact directly at 732-570-7331 as we are eager to rectify the poor impression we have made.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

I use to stay at this hotel all of the time. Not sure what has happened over the past year. No coffee cups in the room. No half and half. The conditioner was a used bottle. I got take out from the bar. Taco salad. Was terrible. Since when do you put salad dressing on a taco salad. There was no salsa or sour cream. The only ice maker was on a totally different floor. I will give kudos to the staff, as always they are very professional.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I'm very sorry you had a disappointing experience with us and I have addressed these issues with our staff and service. Exceptional guest service is the foundation of our brand promise and your feedback will help us improve. Again, I apologize for all of the issues and I certainly hope you give us another chance in the future. Thank you once again for your comments.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Hotel was perfect for my needs. Great Value! Room was more spacious that I had anticipated. Very clean, quiet and with a comfortable bed. Had to go to Rutgers School of Engineering for 2 full days -5 minute drive-easy and convenient. Free Wi-Fi was a major bonus! Had lunch in lobby pub-food was fresh and reasonably priced. I will stay there again. Recommended :-)

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
DoubleTree by H... S, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

I would like to thank you for your recent stay here at the DoubleTree in Somerset. So glad you were able to experience our authentic DoubleTree hospitality. We deeply value your relationship with the DoubleTree and are committed to providing you with the highest level of service simply because our customers deserve the very best. We look forward to seeing you again hopefully, in the near future. Please let us know if there is anything you need on your next visit to make your visit to our hotel as memorable as possible.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

This is my second stay at this hotel, attending an annual conference. Upon check in, my room that I reserved was not available and they had a different rate than my confirmation showed. The front desk was pleasant and we eventually sorted it out and I was given a standard room which was fine, except I found it curious for a corporate hotel not to have a room safe. The air conditioning system in this hotel is bad, period. When it's hot especially, the A/C does not properly cool the rooms or meeting rooms. The bed was comfortable and my room was much better than the one I had the previous year. The staff at the hotel really were very nice and the food was good. They just need to renovate! I did not use the pools and the internet access was slow but adequate.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
DoubleTree by H... S, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback, we are sorry for the condition of your guest room. We are going under renovations soon and we apologize for all of the issues you encountered. We hope we can have another chance to show you what our warm Double Tree service is all about here at our hotel, if your travels bring you back to the area.