DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Somerset
Seattle, Washington
“Beautiful Hotel”
Reviewed 26 October 2010

Well this hotel is very beautiful. My kids and I stay here for a wedding and man the service was amazing from the time we checked in to the time we went down to the restauant and bar. The room was very comfortable it fit me and my wife and our two sons. The staff in this hotel are great as well. My wife and I enjoyed the gym and my two sons went swiming in there beautiful indoor pool. We love this hotel and would recommend to everyone

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
SGuedouar, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 21 January 2011
Thank you for submitting a review and comments about your recent stay at the Doubletree Somerset. My name is Sam Guedouar and as General Manager I appreciate the time you took to let us know how we are doing in achieving our goal of 100% satisfaction. I look forward to your next visit. Please contact me directly if I can be of any assistance. Thanks so much!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Mullica Hill, New Jersey
Reviewed 23 August 2010

I stayed here on business during the week of 8-16-10. Very clean with no problems. Air conditioning was a little loud and the tv was a little outdated. Overall, I was pleased.

• Stayed August 2010
SGuedouar, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 25 August 2010
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 8 August 2010

This hotel had nice rooms but mine was missing a chair. Three calls later, my grandmother's living room chair arrived. Restaurant times were different than written or stated, as well as the meals. Tuscany restaurant had decent food and a very good buffet breakfast. They had great deals for families and surf & turf nights for couples. You need to go to the outside pool before 7:30 AM to put something on a lounger. There are not enough pool loungers or chairs. There is plenty of room for more and they need to purchase them. Large families hoard the chairs the night before or early morning. A staff member and guard had to check that all the people at the pool were registered. Hotel is in the middle of no where surrounded by highways. I would go back for a quick weekend away. Check out their deals for weekends. Staff was very pleasant and tried to be helpful.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Thank you for submitting a review and comments about your recent stay at the Doubletree Somerset. My name is Sam Guedouar and as a General Manager I appreciate your feedback. I apologize for the inconvenience and have certainly addressed the issue with my staff . We have since added more chairs to the outdoor pool and will continue to think of different way to enhance the outdoor experience. We hope to see you back again for a quick getaway. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Please contact me directly if I can be of service.
San Diego, California
Reviewed 20 July 2010

We stayed at the Doubletree Somerset for a week in June, 2010. The hotel is set away from the highway and main thoroughfare, however that's a good thing when it comes to traffic noise.....as there is none. The hotel is located on some lush grounds with a small lake, water fountain, and a sense of peace and quiet.

The staff is very friendly and approachable, you always felt welcomed regardless if you were at the front desk or speaking with a room attendant in your hallway. Restaurant and bar staff were not only friendly but fun!

The room was spacious and very comfortable although the a/c can be a bit noisy - but the promise of cooler air makes the noise tolerable. Nice guest amenities in the room, including that always welcomed morning coffee.

Depending on where you need to go in New Jersey, Somerset was a great location for us to launch from, with 2 major highways entrances less than a mile from the hotel.

This is a clean and cozy hotel with a very friendly staff - you can't go wrong!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Ron C, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Thank you for your comments. They are much appreciated.
Toronto
Reviewed 10 June 2010

The hotel was very good. Very nice amenities and courteous staff.
We stayed there as a part of group on bus tour. But if you are on ur own and plan to take public transit to newyork city this place maynot be very convenient.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank payanaToronto
SGuedouar, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 18 June 2010
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed 5 June 2010

This was the chosen hotel for a wedding we were attending. Too many issues to list in 50 characters, but the main reason was the "B-52" sounding air conditioner that had 2 speeds high & higher & had to be left on due to 90 degree weather. TV was OLD, had few channels & poor reception. The bathroom door was warped & you had to hike a mile from the parking lot to the elevator & hike again to your room. The halls were filled with dirty linens & were still being cleaned at 5:00 p.m. After NO sleep, we went to another hotel before expressing our displeasure with the front desk. We know their hands are tied, but thought maybe a Manager might want to hear our story. We guess not.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank GDZ1026
Thank you for submitting a review and comments about your recent stay at the Doubletree Somerset. I apologize for the difficulties you experienced, we certainly should have been able to provide a better accommodation for you . I am sorry to hear that you experienced some issues with your TV reception and busy hallways with Dirty linen late in the day. I will certainly use your comments with my team to improve. My name is Sam Guedouar and as a General Manager I appreciate the time you took to let us know how we are doing. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us and very much appreciated. Please contact me directly if I can be of any assistance with your next visit. Thank you so much.

Travellers are raving about these Somerset hotels

San Diego, California
Reviewed 11 May 2010

This hotel has clean, spacious, and comfortable rooms. It is not that close to NYC (1 hour driving), but to a number of businesses in NJ. The service is not amazing, but they are efficient. This desk staff, however, seems to be pained to do the small things like give an extra towel. If you do need anything, just wait till the morning when the maid staff is up. Also, if you are carrying a lot of baggage, the staff does not offer to help and there is no automatic door, so I would not recommend this place to anyone who has a handicap. I would recommend if you have children as everything was spacious.

Rooms:
They are very large and clean. The full beds are comfortable and has a lot of pillows. The bathrooms have Neutrogena products and a large bathtub. The bedroom itself had complementary water and snacks! :)

Fitness center and pool:
Great. The fitness center had newer equipment and the pool was clean. They provided towels and water.

Restaurant:
Was okay. Good for kids. I have to say the buffet on Mother's day was AMAZING. Great selection!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
Thank you for submitting a review and comments about your recent stay at the Doubletree Somerset. I apologize for the difficulties you experienced, we certainly should have been able to better service you at the front desk and help you with your baggage . I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectation. I will certainly use your comments with my team to improve. My name is Sam Guedouar and as a General Manager I appreciate the time you took to let us know how we are doing. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Please contact me directly if I can be of any assistance with your next visit. Thank you so much.