“The room stinks cigarette” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Candlewood Suites Somerset

Candlewood Suites Somerset
Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Somerset
Somerset
“The room stinks cigarette”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2012

I ordered a non-smoking room but the room stinked cigarette and the mattress was not good at all. But the kitchen was nice with the stove, refrigerator, microwave.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Nayana L
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Somerset, responded to this review, 14 September 2012
Dear Nayana L,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Candlewood Suites around. We appreciate your nice comment regarding the kitchenette amenities.

However, It sounds like we fell below your expectations especially on the smell of cigarette in your room. We will address these points. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2012

This was my very first experience at The Candlewood Suies chain. The lobby as nice and clean and staff was friendly. Very spacious rooms as well as a good veriety of appliances and dishes in each room. Big TV. Satelite was horrible, but it did storm during my trip. Really not much to say but that i was very pleased with the layout of the hotel and the cleanliness too. I will be recommending this hotel to many family and friends when we visit the area again. Keep it up!!

Room Tip: Get a king suite. More room.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Larnaka City, Cyprus
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2012

The hotel is half way between Newark and Trenton which is convenient for my business needs and $20 or $30 per night cheaper than hotels near either city. Everything works well and the rooms are more spacious than a regular hotel. Staff were quietly unobtrusive. I will stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

Stayed here a few weeks ago and the place was a mess as they renovated. Looks great now. New TV in the room. Kept VCR which is a big plus a lot my older movies are on VCR tapes. Air conditioner worked great which is nice since I've had a lot of problems with hotel AC lately. Located next to a shopping plaza with a good Asian restaurant. Price was more than reasonable.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Norwich, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

This is where I stay for when I am working at Rutgers. It is a very easy trip in to campus. The beds are very comfortable and the desk/workspace is extra long. They have the cupboard as well but prices are a bit steep.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Justin M
Charlotte, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2012

Very comfortable, clean, nice quiet area, great employees and service. Death in family brought us back to NJ and as we had stayed here in the past we were pleased to stay here again. Just one little issue - we found some nails and screws within parking spaces in the back of the hotel that may have been left there by contractors.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Tulsa, Oklahoma
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2012

We arrived & saw they were under construction. They handed out chocolate hammers with "sorry for the incontinence" bags. We went to the room, it was clean, but had paint spatter all over the bathroom floor. The room looked as if it was one of the finished renovated rooms.
The following morning, my husband left the room to get something out of the car. As he left, he put the magnet that says "do not disturb" on the outside of the door. I didn't use the bar lock because my husband was returning within minutes.
I went to get into the shower. I hear, "hello! I" I peeked around the corner & JOHN (I found out his name later) said, "oh, I'm sorry" I screamed and jumped back into the bathroom.
When we went to the front desk, I was informed that John, didnt do anything wrong. "He saw my husband leave, so he would assume that it was ok to enter."
When asked, he had given no reason as to why he was in the room.

So regardless, if you have a sign saying 'don't enter'
Even though he heard the tub water running,
Even though he had no reason to be in the room - its ok to enter.

I've stayed at many Candlewood Suites. I've always liked them because of privacy, laundry services, gym and the pantry. I don't recommend this location to anyone. They humiliated me, by saying JOHN didn't do anything wrong.

Room Tip: Stay at a different location!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
7 Thank DawnC926

Travellers are raving about these Somerset hotels