“Not Up To Expectations”

Candlewood Suites Somerset
Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Somerset
Reviewed 11 December 2012

I have stayed for about 2 months in Windsor Locks and really enjoyed the stay. Everything was so perfect. The pool was good, Gym was good, and best was the room.

My current assignment was again a 3 month Sunday to Thursday kind of plan and was all up for staying in there but had to cancel the plan after a week of stay.

1. The microwave in my room was not working which I complaint and was said that it will be replaced the next day. It was not replaced as the maintenance guy didn't knew about the work order. It was replaced on third day but still had issues and didn't work which was finally fixed on the last day of my stay
2. The dishwasher leaked water
3. Parking was limited and had to fight on a night when I came at 10:30 PM
4. Gym was OK
5. The free internet- damn slow so not a good place if you are looking to complete some work which may need some bandwidth or emails with attachments

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank priy
There are newer reviews for Candlewood Suites Somerset

Reviewed 25 October 2012

I just stayed one night for business here. The rooms are very nice. The service both when I checked in and out seemed a little slow but overall pretty good place to stay for business. The only downside is that it doesn't offer breakfast, but that's a feature of the Candlewood suites and it's the only place I could find available for me to stay. I have stayed in another Candlewood suites and it was not a good experience, this one was very nice compared to the other one I stayed in.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank CoptRWF
Reviewed 22 August 2012

I ordered a non-smoking room but the room stinked cigarette and the mattress was not good at all. But the kitchen was nice with the stove, refrigerator, microwave.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Nayana L
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Somerset, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2012

Dear Nayana L,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Candlewood Suites around. We appreciate your nice comment regarding the kitchenette amenities.

However, It sounds like we fell below your expectations especially on the smell of cigarette in your room. We will address these points. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 20 August 2012

This was my very first experience at The Candlewood Suies chain. The lobby as nice and clean and staff was friendly. Very spacious rooms as well as a good veriety of appliances and dishes in each room. Big TV. Satelite was horrible, but it did storm during my trip. Really not much to say but that i was very pleased with the layout of the hotel and the cleanliness too. I will be recommending this hotel to many family and friends when we visit the area again. Keep it up!!

Room Tip: Get a king suite. More room.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 June 2012

The hotel is half way between Newark and Trenton which is convenient for my business needs and $20 or $30 per night cheaper than hotels near either city. Everything works well and the rooms are more spacious than a regular hotel. Staff were quietly unobtrusive. I will stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 April 2012

Stayed here a few weeks ago and the place was a mess as they renovated. Looks great now. New TV in the room. Kept VCR which is a big plus a lot my older movies are on VCR tapes. Air conditioner worked great which is nice since I've had a lot of problems with hotel AC lately. Located next to a shopping plaza with a good Asian restaurant. Price was more than reasonable.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 April 2012

This is where I stay for when I am working at Rutgers. It is a very easy trip in to campus. The beds are very comfortable and the desk/workspace is extra long. They have the cupboard as well but prices are a bit steep.

• Stayed: April 2012