Candlewood Suites Somerset
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$109
US$131
Comfort Inn & Suites(Somerset)(Great Value!)
US$112
Residence Inn
Hotels.com
Courtyard Somerset(Somerset)(Great Value!)
US$124
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsfree laundrypleasant stayfull size fridgebed was comfortableclean roomscupboardamenitiesstovefrigunitac
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 October 2013 via mobile

I asked for extra pillows & a blanket since the covers on the bed was so thin & the pillows were not firm at all - they told me to come back the next morning-to say they have no extra pillows. We sat a beer box outside the door - hoping they would pick it up and it sat outside the room for 2 days - the people across the hall did the same and their trash sat outside the door as well- who does that, I've done that at plenty of hotels and they've always picked up the trash. The staff was not friendly at all, I'm planning to go back to jersey for thanksgiving, i will not be staying here again!!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Bella R
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Somerset, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Dear Bella R,

Thank you for taking the time to communicate your concerns. We apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced.

We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We have taken note and wish to thank you for all your comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

We will address these points and I hope that when you return you will see the improvements that have been made. Thank you again for your review.

Regards,

Brenda J.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 10 October 2013

Very nice comfortable rooms. Free laundry for guests and exercise room with many machines. The staff is very polite and courteous and trust worthy. Very reasonable rates as well. I would recommend this hotel to anyone thinking or looking for a place to stay in northern New Jersey.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Steve B
Louie T, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Somerset, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2015

We would like to extend to you our heartfelt appreciation for choosing Candlewood Suites Somerset for your accommodation needs. We are glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of any further assistance and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 5 September 2013

I had some work near World fair Drive for only a day and decided to stay at Candlewood Suites. It was convenient but more importantly it has great facilities for extended stay. A kitchenette in the room with a a huge working desk, sitting area and a large TV, refrigerator and bathroom. Also, there is a laundry and gym on the ground floor of the hotel with a free parking area outside. Wonderful and helpful staff. Highly recommended for extended stays.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank ALLIGATOR9

On behalf of the Candlewood Suites Somerset Team, we would like to thank you for the awesome review and feedback. We are glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us and loved the amenities that Candlewood offers. We appreciate you for being an IHG rewards club member and for choosing us for your accommodation needs.

Reviewed 7 August 2013

I stayed at this hotel thinking I could commute back and forth to NYC for sightseeing. It ended up being a bit more travel than I thought it would be so I asked if they would let me out of my week long reservation and they were more than understanding, and allowed me to do so. And most importantly, in my rush to check out I left behind a large amount of cash hidden in the room. I didn't realize what I had done until a few hours after I had left and was in a serious panic. I immediately called them and explained. The manager took all of my info. and told me everything would be taken care of. I got back to the hotel 4 days later not sure what to expect, however ALL of my cash was accounted for and the staff was awesome. Sooo I highly recommend this hotel based on that experience. And a special thanks goes out to George...

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank lorisummers99

Reviewed 6 May 2013

We stayed there more than 5 weeks in March & April, while relocating to New Jersey.
They have kitchenette in room and the room's smell was better than in Extended Stay America Piscataway. My wife cooked very often while our stay and everything worked properly.

The longer you stay, the cheaper rate per day is.

There was always parking space for us, although we came late many times.
After 11pm there's nobody at reception, you use card to enter.
Bed/pillows are comfortable, we always slept good, it was quiet.
Sometimes we heard steps from above, but when we switched to top 3rd floor - no problem.

Internet is reaaaally slow, that's not good. Had to use my own hotspot.
There is HBO.

Bathroom is good, although curtain was smelly and they changed it one day.
They make up your room only once a week and that's good, nobody enters your room every day. If you need fresh towels - you can get them at reception.

One bad thing is toilet. Sometimes it flushes slowly or doesn't at all and I was given tool to solve this issue by myself. Not good.

Mainly those on business trip stay there (area is full of office buildings) but there are also many farmers or those on big pickup cars. One Friday (close to St.Patrick's Day) our neighbor invited some friends to drink beer, but before 10pm it was quiet again (reception was OK to help with that)

There is nice bar with beverages, snacks, yogurts, fruits etc. to pick up on your own. Prices are high though it's convenient. We used FREE laundry very often too.

I'm thankful to this hotel for the time spent with them. Good stuff!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family