“Good food, good value”

Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
New Jersey
“Good food, good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

Food was hot, fresh and tasty. Chicken was moist, burgers huge, and shrimp scampi sent us back to the good old days! Having a choice of salad bar or soup without having to pay extra was a nice change. Homemade rolls came out hot and had a great taste. All in all, well worth the price. Don't expect fancy decor, but if the food is good, who cares?

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank NJGUY6

Hopewell, New Jersey
“Good hometown place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

Once a year, my spouse and I travel up Route 206 to do our Christmas shopping. We always stop for dinner at Sarah Jane's. It's just the kind of place you want for a casual, down home experience. I always get the broiled scallops and my spouse gets the surf 'n turf (shrimp and filet mignon). The steak is always done as requested and the seafood is never overcooked. They bring warm homemade rolls to the table while you wait. They're the best!

The salad bar isn't very inspired, but the chef makes a chick pea salad that I love and can't get anywhere else. He won't share the recipe, but I've gotten pretty close in my attempts: chick peas, finely chopped onions (and celery?), tomato sauce or juice base with Worcestershire sauce, a dab of hot sauce, oregano, maybe cumin, and pepper.

We like the booths, because instead of bench seating, individual chairs are set in cubicles separated by wooden dividers. You can pull as close as you want to the table and not have to eat hunched over from miles away. Service is always pleasant and accommodating. The restaurant is divided into a dining room and a bar, separated by a short hallway. The bar seems to be a low-key hangout for locals. It has a TV, but you can't hear it in the dining room, and it's never been noisy in the bar area.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank LiveSmall,TravelBig
New Ringgold, Pennsylvania
“Always a Winner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

I love this place. As always the food was excellent and the prices are reasonable. The Filet Mignon is great, but I love the homey atmosphere and "quaintness" of it. It's a family owned place and they truly care about how the food is prepared.

Visited December 2013
2 Thank amy m
Raritan
“fair, for small place they seemed overwhelmed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

small place with booths and tables. seems quaint with antique signs and holiday decorations. We waited half hour for a table. Then another 20 min for appetizers; mozzarella sticks and potatoe skins. They were typical. Then about another 10 min our orders came out (5 of our orders but my wife's came 5 min after everyone else). 4 of us got burgers, something their known for. They all came out well done even though 2 in our group asked for medium rare. My wife ordered Teriyaki Chicken with a baked potato. The potatoe came out first, she finished eating it by the time her chicken came. It was very bland and sauce was sweet. I had to get ketchup from a nearby table. My wife was also suppose to get a roll. Even after asking waitress for it, she never brought it.
Even though it looked like they had enough staff, they couldn't handle it. Someone in our group even commented how a different waitress had a scowl on her face.
One reason we ordered burgers was their prices were high, even on the specials.
Overall place was average and we probably won't be back again

1 Thank boomer448
New Jersey
“Mmm mmm good.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2013

It's easy to miss this joint, as it looks like it used to be someone's house. Maybe it still is? For the longest time I thought it was abandoned, especially when traveling up 206 North. I stop here often as it's about halfway between my office and home. It's a very local, down-home kind of divey place resembling the interior of a Ground Round circa 1974. That is a compliment actually! It's dark and cozy, with a dining room on one side and a tiny L-shaped bar on the other. I usually sit at the bar and have dinner and a beer while checking my email on my laptop (yes, there is free wifi). There are always locals at the bar and a friendly bartender - all willing to chat your ear off, if you are in the mood. Meredith is a hoot, and a good listener! The steaks are terrific, as is the French Onion Soup (made with what I'm guessing is a squirt of worcestershire sauce). Burgers are great. It's all very good. I hate to tell too many people about this place, cause I kind of feel like it's all mine.

• Visited January 2013