“Poor Service”

Best Western The Garden Executive Hotel
Reviewed 1 August 2014

My reservation was cancelled without any reason and I was informed at the time of arrival. Internet service was terrible in the room. You need to remind the front desk at least three times about wake-up call. Their services were used to be good in the past but not it is down the hill.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Monika C, Front Office Manager at Best Western The Garden Executive Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 908-561-4488.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

This stay was substandard in comparison to other Best Western hotels. From disgusting stains on the sofa bed mattress to the ripped lamp shades, the list goes on. But the epic fail goes to the rude might manager (Karlene?) who needs to know that customer service is what propels the success of a business and not ignoring the customer nor treating them with disrespect when all they want is a friendly greeting and the quality that is the foundation of the hotel chain. We would have stayed at the Hampton Inn in the area but it was full. I took a gamble to stay at this hotel because I trusted the quality brand of Best Western; to this failure, I apologize to my family.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Lou R

Reviewed 16 July 2014

I was happy with the stay staff was real polite I stayed here a second night and enjoyed it just as much I would recommend this hotel to anyone There is everything around within walking distance if was interested in walking

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Monika C, General Manager at Best Western The Garden Executive Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Reviewed 22 June 2014

This was a good serviceable hotel, to stay at, to get to other locations. I stayed here, because it was close to my cousin's physical rebab facility. But by the time I got here, she was back at the hospital in downtown New Brunswick, and it was a 20-minute drive to get to her. Nonetheless, this was convenient to all the routes I needed. It''s a bit noisy, located where it is, next to 2 major highways. But it's very easy to get to, by at least 2 ways. It has several restaurants (which I all frequented while I was there), and other stores as well. Good access to 287S to I95, a big plus if you come in / go out from NYC. The hotel itself is good, though generic. Check-in & check-out procedures were streamlined, the room was good and clean. The breakfast was mediocre, but what you'd expect for a BW at this price. The internet was great, and that more than offset the breakfast, for a real traveler. For $76 a night in this area, it was the best balance one could get. Myself, I don't care for 5-star rooms and prices, when I'm travelling on something other than pleasure, which this trip was. So I was very pleased with what I paid for. Best Western, Hampton Inns, and La Quintas are always the best values for service and cleanliness received, in my opinion and experience. Skip the Motel 6s, and the 4/5 star hotels and stay at these kinds of places. Don't "own" the room, just rent it for a night. Conversely, don't pay too little to save a bit of money, and stay in a dump. This place lived up to the on-line expectations, and more.

Room Tip: Best to stay on the ground floor, near the parking. A bit loud from nearby traffic and airport, but...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Monika C, General Manager at Best Western The Garden Executive Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Reviewed 9 June 2014

This was a good experience, Best westerns are a great place to stay:) Walls in one of the rooms were a bit thin since. we had one morning we were woken up by a load family but it looks like it had once been a joined room so that might have been the problem

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Monika C, General Manager at Best Western The Garden Executive Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Reviewed 16 May 2014

I was satisfied with the overall value Was not originally intending to stay at the Best western, selection was based on availability. Pleasantly surprised with the cleanliness and comfort of the room. It is in a traffic area near the highway so traffic noise was a bit loud at times but did not interrupt a good nights sleep. Would recommend for a business / meeting stay not so certain the location is desirable for a family stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Monika C, General Manager at Best Western The Garden Executive Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 908-561-4488.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Good Hotel facility, recently renovated. Easy on and off Highway. Lousy Service at Front Desk and at Breakfast. Hotel room could not be locked from inside, made it unsafe at night for me. Shady tenants outside.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Monika C, General Manager at Best Western The Garden Executive Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Also consider these accommodations in or near South Plainfield
WoodSpring Suites South Plainfield
WoodSpring Suites South Plainfie...
#3 of 5 in South Plainfield
Hampton Inn South Plainfield-Piscataway
Hampton Inn South Plainfield-Pis...
#1 of 5 in South Plainfield
Holiday Inn South Plainfield - Piscataway
Holiday Inn South Plainfield - P...
#4 of 5 in South Plainfield
Red Roof Inn Edison
Red Roof Inn Edison
#6 of 15 in Edison
DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel & Conference Center
Extended Stay America - Piscataway - Rutgers University

Been to Best Western The Garden Executive Hotel? Share your experiences!