“A bit noisy, little smelly. Not the greatest, but adequate.”

Best Western The Garden Executive Hotel
Bourne, Massachusetts
“A bit noisy, little smelly. Not the greatest, but adequate.”
Reviewed 20 October 2010

I stayed one night for business. The desk staff was very polite and courteous.

The hallways had a bit of a musty/smokey smell to them as did my room. I was fortunate to have a room at the rear of the building because the main road which is very busy. Although, the parking lot is also loud because of all the tractor trailers that park and drive down the road, just less loud.

The room was small but adequate for my purposes. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable, but a bit springy.

The internet is painfully slow so if you are staying for business, I would recommend elsewhere as working was near impossible.

Choices at breakfast were slim and served in a small cafe-type room. Limited bagels, english muffins, and small store-bought muffins, cereals. I have had much better elsewhere.

For the price, it was adequate, but I have stayed at another hotel right next door that was much better. A higher price tag but worth it for the nicer location, rooms, and service.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank sardonyx47
Monika1165, General Manager at Best Western The Garden Executive Hotel, responded to this review, 9 February 2012
Thank you for writing about your experience with your stay; I will take your suggestion to improve our hotel for better and more pleasant stay.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Middletown, Delaware
Reviewed 18 October 2010

Nice stop over hotel near Interstate 287. Internet access and nice continental breakfast available in morning.

Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mac103
Monika1165, General Manager at Best Western The Garden Executive Hotel, responded to this review, 7 June 2012
Jersey Shore, NJ
Reviewed 22 July 2010

After having had a not-so-pleasant with a nearby hotel (Motel 6) this was my next closest option while staying in my price range. The only reason I even tried the Motel 6 is because I am traveling alone and have to pay upfront to be reimbursed later by my employer and so I learned the hard way about "paying for what you get!"

This hotel is worth the money. It isn't in pristine shape but it is clean and renovated. The rooms are more than adequate size-wise and the Air Conditioner works PHENOMENAL considering it is in the dead of summer here in NJ and temperatures have been well into the 90's for the past 2 weeks. That said about the AC, it functions as it should with no loud bangs, clicks, clunks or other bizarre noises that some make in other hotels. The bed is satisfactory (king in this case) was dressed with a cover at the foot of the bed, what looks to be a down-like comforter along with 3 pillows and 2 shams and yes a dust ruffle. For a 2-star hotel the decor met my approval. Ony problem I encountered with the bed is that it was a bit too hard for me personally but I lived. The bathroom appears to have been renovated and CLEAN with no mold (which the fan over the shower helps with) or any other unpleasant issues. Better water pressure could be an improvement though.

My room happened to have a small refrigerator but no microwave and I cannot say if all rooms have one or the other or both. I will also say that there is a large work desk and leather office chair, 2 night tables, and one end table and plenty of lighting to accompany the 27" TV in its accompanying bureau. There is also an iron/board and small coffee maker in the room as well. Oh and I can honestly say that it was a quiet stay for me with no loud neighbors next door or door slamming which is a rareity. In addition the maids are REALLY good about "not disturbing" if the sign is on the door. They do just ask that if you will not be requiring service for that day to let the desk know and they will furnish you with fresh towels. The hallways are carpeted and clean too but you do start to smell the smoking wing as you start to near it. I stayed on the courtyard side closest to the Holiday Inn which is right next door. I would recommend an interior room since there is a lot of traffic nearby and trucks do drive through the adjacent lot and even park to stay at one of the 3 hotels in close proximity here. As far as WIFI is concerned I did run into a bit of difficulty with my signal on 50% of my stay it would work then not work. I think a lot of that has to do with my room location. If you turn your computer just the right way you can pickup plenty of nearby signals including the ones from neighboring hotels.

Sorry for the lengthy rundown, but these are things that I would like to know as I decide whether a hotel is worth staying at. I would definitely recommend the Best Western in South Plainfield as it is NOT overpriced and the conditions are a bit underrated at a 2-star rating... I would venture to say a 2.5 would be more adequate.

Plenty of stores, malls, fast food and regular restaurants withing walking distance as well. Macy's, Dollar Store, Shoe store, Staples to name a few... and Red Lobster, Red Robin, Joe's Crab Shack, Uno Pizzeria, Wendy's, Dunkin Donuts, White Castle are also very nearby.

Enjoy your stay!!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank JerZtraveller
Toronto
Reviewed 28 September 2009

We stayed here for a weekend while attending a wedding in Warren, very clean, safe, quiet, great shopping and Restaurants open all hours, well maintained rooms, free Internet and nice helpful staff. Would highly recommend it and definitely stay here again!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank brownboy709
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 16 November 2008

We have stayed at this location in the past when we came up to the Tri-State area for vacation. This time we came up for a family funeral in NYC and we don't pay the prices that hotels in the City ask for. We have had problems in the past with the rooms being too small, the Wi-Fi being spotty and of course some of the front desk staff, but this time they did almost everything right.

This time the Wi-Fi did work, the room was just right, and the front desk staff at least had some customer service training. On the flip side, they had a large group of young people that were attending the Rutgers game checking in the day before we left, and of course they were excited and running up and down the hallways during the course of the night, which kept the front desk staff hopping with the noise calls from the other guests, this I found out when we checked out the next morning and the person at the front desk asked me about the noise level.

The only thing that I really have a complaint about is that I asked for extra pillows when I made the reservation, they didn't note it on there and I had to ask for them.

We will be back next summer.

• Liked — Location to the New Jersey Turnpike
  • Disliked — Lack of pillows
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mer82
Colonia
Reviewed 27 October 2008

I can't believe about all this people they say all this bed information about this hotel we was staying there 5nights and I was suprise with all service they provide,very clean rooms,pleasant people at front desk and they amenity in room super.

• Liked — smell in hallway
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank lady1165
Lynchburg, Va
Reviewed 11 August 2008

My dad and I had a couple of tickets to a Yankees game and stayed at this hotel due to the fact it was close to the train station. Th rooms were clean and spacious. The staff was friendly and helpful. I would most defiantly recommend this hotel to anyone that I know traveling up to New York or Northern Jersey. I got a great rate through my AAA membership which was the second selling point. The bathroom was good size and even shocked my dad and I because it had a moehen shower head and really good water pressure. Ignore all the bad reviews here. I understand that not all hotels are perfect and things will go wrong but this place was great. My dad and I are going back to some games next year and will be staying at this hotel.

• Liked — Location to the train station
  • Disliked — the breakfast could have been a little bigger but still good
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with friends
2 Thank ceejay716
Also consider these accommodations in or near South Plainfield
Holiday Inn South Plainfield - Piscataway
Holiday Inn South Plainfield - P...
#3 of 5 in South Plainfield
Hampton Inn South Plainfield-Piscataway
Hampton Inn South Plainfield-Pis...
#1 of 5 in South Plainfield
#4 of 7 in East Brunswick
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#8 of 16 in Somerset

Been to Best Western The Garden Executive Hotel? Share your experiences!