“Not your typical Holiday Inn”

Holiday Inn South Plainfield - Piscataway
Zaandam, The Netherlands
“Not your typical Holiday Inn”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

I was sort of expecting a second rate hotel. I was so pleasantly surprised. This Holiday Inn was like a luxury hotel. The staff was friendly, attentive and went above and beyond. The hotel rooms (including the lobby and breakfast area) were more than lovely. I would definitely stay here again and recommend this hotel to all who are going through or to the area.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Judy M
EricHSP, General Manager at Holiday Inn South Plainfield - Piscataway, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear Judy M

My team and I strive to provide the absolute best possible experience whether staying with us for business or leisure, thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn South Plainfield and for sharing your wonderful experience. Looking forward to welcoming you back!

Holiday Inn South Plainfield-Piscataway

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Southern NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

Check-in was good but the interior needs updating, The door to the room seem to be on a special hinge that closed fast but the door to the bathroom was hard to close. It also seemed to be on a special hinge or something that make it hard to close all the way. It is right off of I287, which is convenient to hop off and hop right back on again. The hotel is in a middle of a lot of places to eat so going hungry is not an option. The location has a pool but I did not get a chance to check it out. Continental breakfast in the morning is free and is OK (waffles were soggy) but there was a carafe of OJ on the table when you sit down and the variety was good.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
EricHSP, General Manager at Holiday Inn South Plainfield - Piscataway, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Dear Mike E

Thank you for staying with us and for taking time to share your experience with us. We hope you visit is back soon and enjoy our relaxing temperature-controlled indoor swimming pool which is open all year round.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

This was our first visit to US for a specific purpose . We never felt that we are away from the home. The front desk staff was extremely helpful and courteous. Everything was made available to us as and when required even at odd time. We thank the staff for making the trip memorable. Sanjay ,Sneha & Mrinmayee , India.

Room Tip: Arrangement of Curtains may be revisited.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
EricHSP, General Manager at Holiday Inn South Plainfield - Piscataway, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Dear Sanjay N,

Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn South Plainfield and for taking time sharing your experience with us. I'll be more than happy to share with our Team your wonderful experience, I'm very glad that we exceeded your expectations. Please come and visit us again on your next trip to South Plainfield, NJ.
Novi, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

Stayed in this hotel for a couple of nights on business. Everything about the hotel was what you expect from a Holiday Inn. The rooms were OK. Breakfast was good. The wireless was good. Place is getting old and run down - could use some renovation.
The front desk staff was extremely helpful and courteous. Made me feel at home

Room Tip: Stay facing away from the main road and get a higher floor. I had people standing under my window sm...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
EricHSP, General Manager at Holiday Inn South Plainfield - Piscataway, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Dear TheSlatterFamily,

Thank you for taking time to write us a review and for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn South Plainfield. We are glad to know that you had a pleasant stay with us and we appreciate you taking note of our front desk staff being helpful and courteous. We look forward to welcoming you back to Holiday Inn South Plainfield, your home away from home!

Leeds, Maine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

I've been staying at this hotel for years now, and it's because I know these people who are employed here do their best to make everyone's stay a pleasant one. Conveniently located just off Exit 5 on I 287. Plenty of parking and within close proximity of anything you may need, usually within walking distance, which is handy when parking a commercial vehicle for the night. I'm up and out of there before the complementary breakfast but when checking in, they usually have a bowl of fresh fruit which I can get an apple or pear for the next morning. I like the Ruby Tuesday restaurant situated within the hotel, The room is always clean, and the bed comfortable, although I hated to see the Memory foam-top beds go. Will continue to stay there for as long as my trip take me to that area.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
EricHSP, General Manager at Holiday Inn South Plainfield - Piscataway, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Dear sledder583,

On behalf of my team at the Holiday Inn South Plainfield-Piscataway, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your experience with us and for making us your home away from home. I am happy to read your kind remarks about our valuable staff, I am very proud to have them and we are fortunate to have everybody in our team. We look forward to welcoming your return visit in the near future.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

This was my first time staying at the Holiday Inn in South Plainfield. The rooms are roomy and the beds comfy. But the absolute best part of my stay came from the front desk staff. I had bought beer for myself and was going to enjoy one in my room when I realized that I could not open the bottle because it was not a twist off. I went to the front desk to ask for help and the lady said she could open it with her teeth. Now I agreed to this first before she did it (some people might be grossed out about it but it didn't bother me). And sure enough she bit the cap right off my beer. It seriously made my stay!! Next time I'm in South Plainfield for work I will definitely be staying there again!!!!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Catherine O
EricHSP, General Manager at Holiday Inn South Plainfield - Piscataway, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Dear Catherine O,

On behalf of my team at the Holiday Inn South Plainfield, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a wonderful review of your experience with us.

I am happy to read your kind remarks about our front desk staff who assisted you. Our goal is to provide our valued guests the most memorable experience every time.... whatever it takes!

Pensacola, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014

I have been here several times. It is right next to I287. Rooms are roomy and clean, staff is friendly, full breakfast great, and there is a Ruby Tusday adjacent to the hotel. There are numerous restaurants within walking distance. There is a wine store around the corner on Centennial Avenue, a Shop Rite little further down the road, and Macys and Walgreens on the other corner.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
EricHSP, General Manager at Holiday Inn South Plainfield - Piscataway, responded to this review, 7 February 2014
Dear Frafroni,

We appreciate you taking time to give us a wonderful review and thank you for being a loyal guest. Looking forward to your next visit at the Holiday Inn South Plainfield!

Also consider these accommodations in or near South Plainfield
Hampton Inn South Plainfield-Piscataway
Hampton Inn South Plainfield-Pis...
#1 of 5 in South Plainfield
BEST WESTERN The Garden Executive Hotel
BEST WESTERN The Garden Executiv...
#3 of 5 in South Plainfield
Embassy Suites by Hilton Piscataway - Somerset
Fairfield Inn & Suites Edison-South Plainfield
Extended Stay America - Piscataway - Rutgers University
Crowne Plaza Edison
Crowne Plaza Edison
#6 of 15 in Edison

Been to Holiday Inn South Plainfield - Piscataway? Share your experiences!