“Very good Business hotel”

Holiday Inn South Plainfield - Piscataway
Hartford, Connecticut
“Very good Business hotel”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I have stayed here many times over the years. It is always clean. The staff is very helpful and friendly. Used the exercise room this time - the machines are well maintained. There is an attached restaurant that is very good . there are many restaurants in the area. The free breakfast is good and the staff at breakfast is very good.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank david d
EricHSP, General Manager at Holiday Inn South Plainfield - Piscataway, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear david d,

We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay at the Holiday Inn South Plainfield! Thank you for staying with us and for writing a beautiful review of our hotel. A big thank you from the entire team!

Holiday Inn South Plainfield-Piscataway

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Northeast
Reviewed 1 June 2014

My husband and I left the Holiday Inn South Plainfield today after a one-night stay. I cannot say enough about the service! I had called them a couple days ago to let them know I'd be arriving late, that I would need to stay close to an elevator or lobby due to problems walking, and that I was visiting there to arrange a mini-birthday-party for a close friend at the Ruby Tuesday Restaurant, which is connected to the hotel. A young lady named Hozia was so very pleasant, and without my asking, she assigned us a lovely room near the lobby and morning cafe area. Upon arrival, our room was immaculate and arrangements were made for our party of five to meet up at Ruby Tuesdays.....This morning I was greeted by "Robert" in the breakfast cafe, and he saw to our every need. For a buffet breakfast, I was amazed at how Robert gave personalized service to all who came into the cafe. Such EXCELLENT service is usually reserved for very upscale hotels like the Four Seasons. It is no wonder I saw so many international travelers staying there. Holiday Inns in general can be so-so, but this establishment proved to be the exception to the rule. As I was leaving, I heard another couple making a point of raving about the personalized and friendly service to someone at the front desk. I cannot wait to come back to this area. To the management: Your people are wonderful and deserve the highest praise. I would not change a thing (except to possibly get toasters which work better on a high setting and do not burn toast.) The breakfast overall was A+, and I'd love to see bacon added to the menu, along with possibly some danish. Thank you so much for everything!

Room Tip: The food at Ruby Tuesdays (connected to the inn) is really good, and best of all, they provide room...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank josie105
EricHSP, General Manager at Holiday Inn South Plainfield - Piscataway, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
On behalf of my team at the Holiday Inn South Plainfield-Piscataway, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a beautiful review of your experience with us. I am happy to read your kind remarks about our front desk agent Fozia and our breakfast server Robert. Both are truly a one of a kind asset to our team, and we are fortunate to have them. We also thank you for finding your experience with us to be comparable to upscale hotels like a Four Seasons, it is truly an honor. We thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming your return visit in the near future.

Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

After trying 2 locations to be close to work, I finally found the best! Wish I had stayed longer and will definitely be back. Great location, clean and modern and the staff made me feel so welcomed...try it, you'll like it!

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank BBramhall
Dear BBramhall,

Thank you for your wonderful review and for choosing the Holiday Inn South Plainfield your home away from home. I'm glad that you find our hotel clean and modern and for the great job our staff did to make you feel welcome. We look forward to your next visit!
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Went to this hotel with my family for the long weekend (May 17 -19, 2014) on a trip we just decided the day before! Drove from Toronto and had a very nice warm welcome. The girl at check in even gave us cookies (for we are members, she told us.)
Very nice and clean hotel. Well maintained. Nice looking and nice smell. Breakfast's one of the best I've seen at any hotel that includes it in the price. The Ruby Tuesday attached to the hotel (reception gave us a coupon) is also great. Perfect combination!
Only problem was with the overall noise. There was a wedding going on at the hotel but still, the pool was quite busy and noisy as well. There was actually a guy drinking alcohol form a hidden bottle at the pool. No big deal, but would still recommend hotel management to get someone from the staff to periodically show up by the pool, just to keep an eye on the people there.
All in all, nice place I would definitely visit again!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jose L
EricHSP, General Manager at Holiday Inn South Plainfield - Piscataway, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear Jose L,

I am so glad to read that you were pleased with the Holiday Inn South Plainfield-Piscatawayl! This is the feeling we want every guest to leave with when they depart our property. As you comment and appreciate our staff’s efforts and the overall appearance of the hotel, we certainly value you for choosing us and we hope to see you again in the near future for another amazing experience.

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a conference at the New Jersey Expo Center, which was very easy to access from here (12 minute drive at most). The room was OK, I was on the top floor in room 421 so no noise from neighbouring rooms, except for outside with garbage pick-up in the middle of the night. The sheets could use a little sprucing up, they were a little worn. The breakfast was excellent, with many fresh ingredients.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank ellasbabe
EricHSP, General Manager at Holiday Inn South Plainfield - Piscataway, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear ellasbabe,

Thank you for taking time to write us a review and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay at the Holiday Inn South Plainfield-Piscataway. I will personally look into the items you mentioned and rest assured that these will be discussed with the departments concerned. Looking forward to your next visit!

Easthampton
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn on a business night stay over from Massachusetts. When I arrived I was greated like family from Angelica. What a nice felling after about a 4 hour ride including traffic. When she noticed the name of my company on my shirt she told me our company had a corporate rate. I did not know. Honesty, friendy and professional!! Ruby Tuesday is attached and convenient. Quiet, plenty of parking, will definitetly return!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Briandiver
EricHSP, General Manager at Holiday Inn South Plainfield - Piscataway, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear Briandiver,

On behalf of my team at the Holiday Inn South Plainfield-Piscataway, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your experience with us.

I am happy to read your kind remarks about our colleague Angelica Barahona. Angelica is truly a one of a kind asset to our team, and we are fortunate to have her.

We look forward to welcoming your return visit in the near future.
Hagerstown, Maryland
Reviewed 4 May 2014

There with family for the night before a wedding. The staff were friendly and professional. Check in was painless (always a plus). The room was pleasantly appointed, with a small frig and well appointed bathroom The pool area was great! as well as was the exercise room. This facility is a bit older; but for the $$ was our best value on the trip!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Manmap
EricHSP, General Manager at Holiday Inn South Plainfield - Piscataway, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear Manmap,

Thank you for the wonderful review and for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn South Plainfield! I'm happy to know that everything went well with your stay. Please see us again when you are back in the area.

Holiday Inn South Plainfield
Also consider these accommodations in or near South Plainfield
Hampton Inn South Plainfield-Piscataway
Hampton Inn South Plainfield-Pis...
#1 of 5 in South Plainfield
Best Western The Garden Executive Hotel
Best Western The Garden Executiv...
#2 of 5 in South Plainfield
Embassy Suites by Hilton Piscataway - Somerset
Extended Stay America - Piscataway - Rutgers University
Crowne Plaza Edison
Crowne Plaza Edison
#5 of 15 in Edison
DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Holiday Inn South Plainfield - Piscataway? Share your experiences!