“Wow, the best stay I have ever had! At The Normandy!”
Review of Normandy Inn

Normandy Inn
Normandy Inn
Ranked #6 of 7 Spring Lake B&B and Inns
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 28 June 2005

After reading those other reviews I just needed to write something. I just got back from a WONDERFUL stay at the Normandy. The only thing I can say is WOW. Great service, Great rooms, Great EVERYTHING! I could not have asked for a better stay at this bed and breakfast.

The breakfast was AMAZING! You get your own personal table, with a menu, and a great wait staff. All of the girls were charming and very helpful. The chef was masterful and I have never had such good pancakes, eggs, french toast. It was just great.

We got free beach bages, chairs, umbrellas, blankets, bikes, and so much more. THe room 102 was TO DIE FOR. A beautiful "red" room with a great bed, bathroom, and so much more.

I am going back to the Normandy Inn two more times this summer. It was just that great.

• Stayed: June 2005
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed 3 October 2004

The Normandy Inn is in a great location. Unfortunately, they have limited parking (only nine slots) and the alternative spaces are down the street across Ocean Avenue. It really is not convenient. The front porch is spacious, but the parlor is dark. Our room was clean, but there was a decided lack of attention to detail. One of the lights in the chandelier was broken. The wallpaper in the bathroom by the sink was peeling in a couple of places. Tissues were used to prop up the marble shelf under the mirror. There was a yellow stain on the bedding. I expected more from this place since it ranked #2 on this web site.

It is nice to have a private table at breakfast, and you do have choices from a menu. Unfortunately, the food was plain; not much taste. It certainly doesn’t make this B&B stand out. I was expecting better since two of the previous reviews said the food was very good. I disagree. It was disappointing.

The Normandy Inn is on the historic register, so expect an old building. The floors creak. We were awakened each morning by the guests staying in the room above us. Their toddler was running around the room, and we could hear every step.

There was no contact with the owner, normally a B&B feature. She zipped in and out of the parking lot in her Porsche, more like an uninvolved guest. The facility is run by young ladies who were helpful but lacked the professionalism that comes with experience.

5  Thank Loren3
Reviewed 21 September 2004

We stayed here in April of 2004, but I just saw these reviews now. We went for my husbands' birthday, and he was really, very happy with everything. The weather was rainy and chilly, but that was just fine with us. We watched one of their free vcr movies, in our room! And also even napped a bit too! The breakfast was VERY good. You were given a menu, as well as individual tables, unlike with other B&B's. The front porch was VERY massive, and incredibly nice. I often took a cup of coffee out in the mornings, and sat in one of the rockers, even though there was a chill in the air. The decor of the room was very pretty, and everything was really very clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: April 2004
1  Thank Jaris
A TripAdvisor Member
Hoboken, NJ
Reviewed 26 May 2003

Wonderfully friendly inn with warm B&B atmosphere. Victorian decor throughout main floor rooms as well as the bedrooms. Exceptionally friendly and accomodating service. Great breakfasts. About a block from the ocean and the boardwalk. Easy walk to downtown Spring Lake and its little shops. A romantic weekend away location!

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
#2 of 7 in Spring Lake
Sand Pebble Motor Lodge
Sand Pebble Motor Lodge
#3 of 16 in Point Pleasant Beach

Been to Normandy Inn? Share your experiences!