“Very Good”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed 21 September 2013

We ate here on a Sunday night a few weeks ago. The decor is unchanged from years ago but it was fine. The two young women working were excellent. I am a vegetarian, there was no vegetarian entree on the menu, but I was able to get a pasta dish which was excellent. My DH enjoyed his lobster tail special. The dessert was excellent some sort of ice cream pie. The Greek salad was very good. We are non-drinkers but be aware this is a BYOW. We will definitely return on future trips to Spring Lake.

Reviewed 5 September 2013

Breakfast is plentiful, healthy and fresh. There are many interesting items to choose from including berry-filled pancakes, peanut butter French toast, breakfast wraps, and healthy choices such as fresh fruit and yogurt or oatmeal. The servers are pleasant and it's a lovely start to the day.

Reviewed 1 September 2013

My waitress was perfect. I was dining alone and it's not always easy for a waiter/waitress to get it right but she did (how often to stop back, not ignoring a small check table). I had the house salad (a little too much vinegar in the champagne vinagrette for my taste but good overall) and BJ's Ultimate Chowder as my entree, which was wonderful! I'm always looking for a great BYOB place to go and when I'm in Spring Lake again, I will be back.

1  Thank Erin D
Reviewed 28 August 2013

My husband and I recently dined at Bistro by the Beach. I was a little nervous because it was our first time dining there. So glad we went. We absolutely enjoyed it. I had a small greek salad for an appetizer, and my husband had the caesar salad. Both were plentiful in their portions and delicious. I had the homemade lobster ravioli with shrimp scampi. It was nice and light, and I finished every last bit of it. My husband tried the halibut, crabcake, lobster chowder entree. This was a large shallow bowl that included the lobster chowder as a sauce. On top of the chowder, there was the crabcake, halibut and then sauteed spinach on top. He said it was one of the best meals he has ever eaten in a restaurant. The desserts were just as delicious as the entrees. I had vanilla and praline gelato. My husband had the kiwi tart. We enjoyed our entire meal. Bistro by the Beach is now our favorite restaurant in Spring Lake. It was also very nice since it is a casual atmosphere but had a sophisticated menu, and it is also BYOB. I will add that the ceilings are low and it can get somewhat loud. But, I would still go back in a heartbeat.

1  Thank Mary B
Reviewed 23 August 2013 via mobile

Was easily able to get a reservation on a Fri night. We did BYO wine. Ambiance is not great and our view was of parking lot. Service was very good. We enjoyed our meals but felt they were a bit overpriced. I had the stuffed lobster special and husband had lobster ravioli. For the money I'd suggest shopping around a bit before deciding to go here.

1  Thank ko13