“This was the worst experience I've ever had at a restaurant”
Review of Bistro by the Beach - CLOSED

Bistro by the Beach
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
New Jersey
“This was the worst experience I've ever had at a restaurant”
Reviewed 21 November 2013

My wife and I dined here during Restaurant week. The food was terrible, the almost 3 hour service was atrocious, and when we actually complained(nicely0 to our waitress she said, and I quote, "TOO BAD"! We spoke to the manager on the way out, he was pretty nonchalant about it. First time in years we left "zero tip", the service was the worst ever.

Will never go back here again, as this was our second time, the first was just ok.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank FreeholdNewJersey

Manalapan, New Jersey
“Amazing”
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Dined here this past weekend and enjoyed every minute of the dining experience. The staff was attentive but not overbearing. The mahi mahi on special was cooked perfectly and was so flavorful. We shared the shrimp taco special as an app as well as the fall salad. I loved the flavors on the shrimp dish and the guacamole was so yummy! The dressing on the fall salad was just the right amount of sweetness. I was impressed by how flavorful and unique every dish was. I will definitely be returning in the near future. They do not skimp on portions either! we had plenty to take home

• Visited November 2013
Ewing, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wedding Rehearsal Dinner”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Bistro by The Beach is a hidden treasure in Spring Lake, NJ. I had been there twice previously before booking my son's wedding rehearsal dinner. The food is excellent. Chef BJ Brown puts a twist on familiar dishes and makes them outstanding. He uses seasonal ingredients to make all dishes special. The service is excellent and very accomodating. BJ worked with me to make our dinner very memorable and delicious. I recommend it any time of year.

• Visited October 2013
Rutherford, New Jersey
“Delicious”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I have been to this restaurant about a dozen times and always enjoyed the food and the service. I went there on Saturday night with a party of 8 to celebrate a birthday with friends. The appetizers were great. My salmon was excellent. The birthday girl and another friend both got the halibut special. Although the fish was good the corn chowder was cold. Neither of them were pleased with the dish, but did not send it back because the restaurant was so crowded that they were concerned that everyone would be finished by the time it came back. On a previous occasion a similar issue happened when the place was crowded. I will definitely return and hope that it isn't crowded!

• Visited October 2013
Jersey City, New Jersey, United States
“best place”
Reviewed 25 September 2013

the BEST food....seriously. you might not think that if you see it...but the food is amazing. always a place my husband and I go when we travel there

Visited August 2013