- Located directly across from the beach which was handy with a toddler.
- Complimentary beach passes given to guests but baked into the rather pricey rate.
- Convenient pool bar / food menu, not too pricey.
- Easy walk to downtown spring lake.
- No parking, fend for yourself on local streets during the beach season is not fun.
- Stayed on the second floor and could sing the words of the wedding music both weekend nights. The floor was literally throbbing from the DJ, stay on 3rd floor or higher.
- Room / B-room are in desperate need of updating. Carpets are run down and the decor is from 1980's.
- Expensive rate for what you get, but paying for location.
- Breakfast is ok at the hotel, can get better deals elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the charm of Spring Lake’s only oceanfront hotel and restaurant. The Breakers on the Ocean, a landmark fixture in one of New Jersey’s most beautiful communities, is the perfect year-round getaway destination. Originally built in the late 1800’s, the Hotel has been through numerous renovations, all of which have preserved the integrity of the past, while incorporating 21st century amenities. Each of the elegantly appointed guest rooms features a mini refrigerator, cable television (with all HBO and ESPN channels), DVD player, ipod docking clock radio and complimentary high speed Internet access. Most rooms have a whirlpool bath and view of the ocean. Luxury rooms also feature fireplaces and three Tower rooms offer unparalleled views of the impressive coastline and surrounding town. The Hotel is situated just a few steps from the sparkling Atlantic Ocean and Spring Lake’s pristine, non-commercial boardwalk. The Hotel features an outdoor swimming pool, large wrap around porch with spectacular ocean views, a delightful piano lounge and restaurant serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- The Breakers On The Ocean Hotel Spring Lake
- The Breakers On Ocean