“June Getaway”

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Spring Lake
New Windsor, New York
“June Getaway”
Reviewed 5 July 2012

We had a nice time at Doolans this June . We had an excellent meal at the resturant , The rooms were large and comfortable. They were clean and the staff was very helpful. I would love to return some day.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Little Falls, New Jersey
Reviewed 16 June 2012

This was the worst wedding banquet hall i have ever been to. From the food, wait staff, every single room was outdated!! This place smelt like it hadnt been cleaned in years. To make matters worse the hotel that is connected to Doolans is even worse then the actual banquet halls. Rooms were INFESTED with BUGS!!!!! I have never experienced such a poor conditioned hotel, they should be condemed by the board of health! The front office was extremely rude and un helpful when i told them about the infestation of bugs in our room!!! Not one " i am sorry sir" they made it seem like it was my fault that the room was crawling with critters! Words cant describe the disgust i had when i left this so called "banquet hall" this place should not be allowed to hold any type of function, it is unfair to their guests!!!! EVERYONE BEWARE OF THIS PLACE IT IS A COMPLETE DUMP!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Beware do not ever come here!!! its disgusting!!!!!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank johnny g

Travellers are raving about these Spring Lake hotels

Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
Reviewed 6 June 2012

This must have been a nice place in the early 50s, but nothing has been done to it since. Communicating with the reservation person was a class in frustration! She said I will mail your confirmation, but I said I would prefer email since we were not at home, she took my email address and neither emailed or mailed my confirmation and extension. This hotel makes the Days Inn and even the Bates motel look like the Ritz Carlton!! Our room was very small and needed lots and lots of TLC. In the three days we were there, our floor was never vacumned. The A/C did work but was so noisy and very cold that was not possible to keep it on when you went to bed. We have traveled a lot and have never had this bad of an experience, do yourself a favor and search elsewhere for lodging. It is way over priced and is poor value for the money.

Stay home

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank johnson1165
Red Bank, NJ
Reviewed 3 April 2012

My son and new daughter in law had their wedding at Doolans this weekend. It was a little rainy but since everything was self contained it didn't matter at all!
We checked in around 1pm...we had all 12 suites which are right at the top of the staircase
of the main lobby. All those rooms were large, very clean and convenient for the families and
bridal party to prepare.
The ceremony and cocktail hour was in the beautiful Atrium enclosed in glass and floored with terricotta tile....charming...bright...fabulous food and plentiful. Just the right consistency of
pass around Hor dourves and various food stations. The lolli pop lamb chops melted in your mouth as did the coconut shrimp.
The reception itself was lovely...140 in the smaller room...intimate yet lots of fun!
Continental breakfast the next day was just fine and included in the alreay reasonble room prices. Fruit, cereal, bagel, donuts etc. Of course coffee, tea and juices.
Hats off to Susan, her sister and the rest of the caring staff.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank Georgann15
philadelphia
Reviewed 19 March 2012

we enjoyed our weekend stay during st patty's day 2012. we had a nice clean room and the management was very pleasant and allowed us to have a late check out time on sunday.
continental breakfast was adequate and fresh. lots of free parking was available and the hotel has a very good restaurant plus was relatively close to the beach. additionally there was a neat restaurant 1 block away called the porch which served bkfst & lunch. while there were other motels in the area for less this hotel provided a homey feeling throughout the day and night and had a nice large lobby with a bar to hang out in. one negative was no internet access in ones room. you had to go into the lobby for a free wireless connection.

Room Tip: negotiate your room rate.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bigsteven1
Staten Island, New York
Reviewed 26 October 2011

This had to be the worst place I have ever stayed at. I’m glad I arrived dressed for the wedding I attended there. Just the thought of having to step foot into the shower…..would have killed me. After enjoying a great time at a wedding, I actually considered sleeping in my car before getting into bed. Instead, I practically stayed up all night and decide to drive home at 7am. I couldn’t last another minute there. They really need to consider remodeling. I can’t believe the board of health didn’t shut them down

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Anthony S
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 19 September 2011

I feel terrible for the wedding party that recommended this place to their out of town guests. They must feel embarrassed! I have seen better accommodations at a cheap motel. The walls were crumbling, the carpets dirty, the bed looked like a board was keeping it from falling down! The rooms and hallways smell from mold and mildew. the telephones dont work and when you complain to management they are totally unresponsive.
As to the wedding - the food was nothing to brag about - overcooked and tough filet. And the topper was the CHIPPED PLATES they served the food on. They have no business catering to weddings or anyother function! I hope this serves as warning to any other perspective customer. Thankfully, I was able to find other accommodations that were clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: Dont stay there!
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Atlantic Inn & Suites
Atlantic Inn & Suites
#2 of 5 in Wall Township
Grand Victorian at Spring Lake

Been to Doolan's? Share your experiences!