We had a wonderful stay at the Hewitt Wellington. Everything everyone praised was true, the reviews are not exaggerating. My mom, sister and I arrived 5 hours before check in and they made us feel welcome even with the inconvenience. They showed us where to change so we could go lay out by the pool, gave us towels, held onto our bags, and the room was made ready 3 hours early! From there it continued to be just as great, every request was accommodated quickly and kindly, the room was stunning, well kept and comfy. We didn't have a car but we were a very short walk from the main street in town, the beach, and some fun restaurants in Sea Girt.
Heads up, a lot of restaurants in Spring Lake are BYOB, there is no beer on the boardwalk, and there is no bar in the hotel. BUT the staff at the HW gave us the number to Egan's who deliver to the hotel and our order was left in our room for us by the hotel staff, with wine glasses and a corkscrew to boot!
We stayed in room 18. It's on the first floor, right next to a door to the porch where there were tons of chairs to sit out any time, and 5 steps away from Whispers (which was delicious. We ate their twice!). The room sleeps 4 (a double bed in one room and a pull out couch in the other room), and even though the hotel is technically not handicap-accessible, it's was only 4 steps up so my mom who uses a cane was able to get to the room with very little trouble. Also, when suggesting where to go, the staff made sure to keep my mom's abilities in mind and didn't recommend anything that would be impossible for her to get to. I really appreciated that kind of attention, it was very kind.
We had a great stay and I can't wait to get back. Thank you!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hewitt Wellington is a historic Victorian hotel situated in one of the most beautiful settings on the New Jersey shore. The Hewitt Wellington has been a luxurious vacation retreat since the turn of the 20th century and was recently meticulously renovated, preserving both the architectural integrity and old-world charm that earned her a place in history. The Hewitt Wellington Hotel is proud to offer elegantly appointed suites as well as a heated pool, graceful wraparound porches and one of New Jersey's top-rated restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hewitt Wellington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hewitt Wellington Hotel Spring Lake
- Hewitt Wellington Spring Lake