We spent 2 nights here and it was such a relaxing, pleasant experience. Exactly the kind of short vacation we were looking for. The location is gorgeous, right on the lake. The staff were all very friendly and you could hear a pin drop, that's how quiet our stay was.
The hotel is really beautiful. Old, classic charm but clean and comfortable at the same time. Our room was small and quaint, just as I imagined it would be. The continental breakfast was just enough to start our day. We didn't have a chance to try Whispers, but maybe next time. I imagine there will definitely be a next time.
If you're looking for a quiet, relaxing vacation then I highly recommend Spring Lake. The Hewitt Wellington is close to the beach, shops and restaurants and only about 15 minutes to Point Pleasant which also has plenty of shops.
Can't wait to return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hewitt Wellington is a historic Victorian hotel situated in one of the most beautiful settings on the New Jersey shore. The Hewitt Wellington has been a luxurious vacation retreat since the turn of the 20th century and was recently meticulously renovated, preserving both the architectural integrity and old-world charm that earned her a place in history. The Hewitt Wellington Hotel is proud to offer elegantly appointed suites as well as a heated pool, graceful wraparound porches and one of New Jersey's top-rated restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hewitt Wellington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hewitt Wellington Hotel Spring Lake
- Hewitt Wellington Spring Lake