“Wonderful!”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Spring Lake
Masachusetts
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed 21 April 2013 via mobile

We stayed in room 28, one of the recently renovated suites, and we loved it. The view of the water is great and the room is beautiful! The continental breakfast had a lot of options and we went to it both days. The only issue we had was the parking situation. There are about 10 spots right in front of the hotel and if they're full you have to park on the street, which the manager was up front about. She warned us that we may be ticketed for street parking. We didn't end up getting ticketed but I wish they had more parking so we didn't have to worry about it. Otherwise, we loved it!

• Stayed April 2013
Kathy T, General Manager at Hewitt Wellington, responded to this review, 1 May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It sounds as though you had an excellent stay with us. Though the parking directly in front of the hotel is limited, our guests are also able to utilize another area directly across the street as well. Please make sure to contact me directly prior to you next visit so we can make sure you have another fantastic stay with us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
Hoboken, New Jersey
Reviewed 14 April 2013

My husband and I decided to get away for just an overnight. We stayed at this lovely hotel. It was clean, the manager, Kathy, was most helpful and was available for any questions. We had a very nice time. Would not hesitate to stay at the Hewitt Wellington again.

Room Tip: If you have difficulty walking, be sure to ask for a room on the first floor as the stairs are not v...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm so glad that you had a great stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Dumont, New Jersey
Reviewed 13 April 2013

If I could, I would give my review a rating between very good and average. Both describe this property. The location of the Hewitt Wellington is excellent. Two blocks from the beach and right on the lake. The common areas seem to have been recently updated and were very attractive.

Our room was up a steep flight of stairs on the third floor. It was a good size but needs a redo. It was rather worn and dated. The room has a queen bed that was comfortable enough, two easy chairs, a flat screen tv and a private balcony. An alarm clock would be nice and some visitor info in the room is always welcome. ie. hotel policies, how to use the tv, local restaurants and attractions, etc. The shower head needs to be replaced. The water only trickles out.

A continental breakfast is included, but the buffet is empty every morning. The whole set up is very odd and confusing. Guests need to wait for the manager to serve them. She is very friendly, however it's often hard to get a hold of her. The front desk is not usually occupied. A sign explaining that guests need to wait for the manager to bring their food out and a list of the menu options would be helpful.

This hotel is very laid back in the off season and not the "luxurious" accommodations advertised. We love the quiet off season, but service shouldn't suffer. We'll be back, but we'll know better of what to expect.

Room Tip: Choose a lower level room if climbing stairs is a problem.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Though it seems that overall you enjoyed your stay, I apologize that we did not offer 100% excellent service to you. During the slower times, in an effort to offer more personalized breakfast service I waited for guests to come down in the morning and take care of them. In doing this, it seems to have made some others have to wait and that was not my intention.
Please feel free to contact me prior to your next visit with us so I can make sure everything will be perfect for you and you will simply be able to relax and enjoy your time with us.
Howell, New Jersey
Reviewed 9 April 2013

No attendant when we checked in or out. The continental breakfast was not there a couple of the days we were there because no one was in the hotel to set it up. Loved the room, location, view, & restaurant, but service was almost non-existent.

• Stayed April 2013
Kathy T, General Manager at Hewitt Wellington, responded to this review, 10 April 2013
Thank you for your review about your stay with us recently. I do apologize that I was not available to you when you needed me. I believe we spoke the first morning you were with us in the breakfast area but I did not realize that you would have to leave the remaining mornings before our usual 8am breakfast time. For your next visit, please contact me prior to arrival so we can make arrangements for you to have breakfast before you start your day.

Kathy Tartaglia
Hackensack, New Jersey
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Had a quick stay, but it was excellent. The room was very cozy and clean. The price was very reasonable as well. Any hotel can make a room nice, but what I found great was that the manager went out of her way to make sure I had a pleasant stay. I had a late check-in and she made herself available if I had any concerns. I had to check out early before breakfast, but she still found the time to make sure I was able to have some of the complimentary breakfast that is offered later in the morning.
Thanks again, I definitely recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I'm so glad that you had a nice stay and I look forward to seeing you again.

Kathy Tartaglia
New York City, New York
Reviewed 25 March 2013

Just returned from a 2 night stay. Beautiful location and beautiful place to stay. My husband and I bought a travelzoo voucher back in September. We have had 2 major family emergencies and were unable to use it. The management at the Hewitt Wellington understood our situation and extended the voucher. Although it was chilly and even snowing we fully enjoyed our weekend. Our room was amazing. We looked out at the lake. The coffee in the morning was delicious. We walked down to the beach and around the lake. The manager was warm and friendly. The hotel was well kept. Although we would love to return in a more beach friendly season our stay in March was just delightful. Thank you!!!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Glassboro, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed 14 March 2013

My Husband and I escaped from the kids for a weekend getaway. The staff was courteous and friendly. The hotel was absolutely gorgeous and well kept. A true gem in Spring Lake. Would definitely recommend this location and we will visit again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
#4 of 8 in Spring Lake
Ocean Place Resort & Spa
Ocean Place Resort & Spa
#1 of 4 in Long Branch

Been to Hewitt Wellington? Share your experiences!