“An amazing post-Labor Day getaway!”
Review of Hewitt Wellington

Hewitt Wellington
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Spring Lake
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Hewitt Wellington is an absolute gem. From our spacious room and magical hotel location to the extremely friendly and helpful staff, our stay in Spring Lake was one of the most magical getaways we've ever had. Thanks to Kathy and the rest of the staff for making our stay simply wonderful. We WILL be back again, that's for sure!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Kathy T, General Manager at Hewitt Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2013

Thanks for reviewing your stay. We had a great time with you as well. We love it when we have the opportunity to spend time talking with our guests as we did with you. I hope you are enjoying the book you downloaded as well. I'm still working on getting the one you recommended for me. Hope to see you soon!

Thanks

Reviewed 13 September 2013

Haven't been here in 13 years, but this hotel is even better than I remembered. Conveniently located to both the beach and the town and with its own pool, it has old charm without being either stuffy or run-down. The staff is superb and were willing to do whatever they could to make our stay enjoyable.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

I appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your stay. It is always nice to hear from our guests about their stay. I'm so glad that you had a great stay with us. Hopefully it won't be another 13 years until we see you again.

Reviewed 10 September 2013 via mobile

We have stayed here several times but not in a few years. The location is great on the lake with a short walk to town and the beach. The hotel could use some updating especially considering the rate charged. What bothered me most was the unwatered hanging plants on the porch. The flowers were collapsed due to lack of water. There is a general lack of attention to detail at this property. Please note the dirty glass that was left by housekeeping and the dirty vent featured in a previous review which still has not been cleaned.

• Stayed: September 2013

Thank you for reviewing your stay. I am so sorry that we did not delivery on what should have been a wonderful time with us. I take all of my guests notes to heart and have already begun working on making changes to the hotel to make it the only place you will ever want to stay. In fact, I tried a bit of plant food on the flowers and they made a valiant effort at coming back, even blooming a bit! As we prepare for the fall season and our summer flowers are replaced, it is definitely something we will keep up with. I have also spoken with housekeeping and though I take ultimate responsibility for your room, they have been made aware and we are working through the issues.
Thank you again and I do hope to see you again soon. If you have any other questions or suggestions, please call or email me directly.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Have stayed here every summer for the past six years. Most of the rooms have furnishings which are about to give out, carpets which are completely stained (this is actually to the point of being overtly disgusting). Low flow shower heads installed that barely give out enough water to spit. Air conditioning gave out twice. Beach towels have been replaced with towels that would barely cover one's lap and the great sand chairs were nowhere in sight. Only thing this hotel still has going for it is the location, which can't be beat. I'm sorry, Hewitt, but you need to give most of your rooms a complete makeover from the carpet to the furniture, to the lamps, to the bedding. Way too expensive to put up with the creepy motel feel I can get on the lonely highway between Texas and California.

Room Tip: Go to the top floor if you want to avoid noise and get some sleep. However, no elevator so be prepa...
Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank KzMom
Kathy T, General Manager at Hewitt Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2013

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us. I apologize that it was not as it should have been. We are using this off season to do exactly what you recommend and update items in rooms. I hope that you will be back again next season to see what we have done. I am positive that you will have a great stay with us and we will be what you have come to expect from us.

If you have any other questions or suggestions, please feel free to call or email me.

Thank you again!

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Used to stay here once very couple of days every other summer. Always loved it. Had a room booked for 2 nights this weekend. First problem was that the reservation was messed up.They only booked us for 1 night and couldn't accommodate us for two nights. Actually when we saw the room we didn't want to stay anyway. The room was not as shown. It was actually very rundown with broken legs on the furniture and a torn bedspread. The main issue we had was that it was quite dirty, disgusting as a matter of fact.
The only bright spot was that the woman behind the front desk was great, very helpful. She understood and agreed about the condition of the room.
I hope someday this place will be what it once was.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank lizard2216

I am sorry that your arrival was not what you had expected however when you booked your room online, it was only for one night. As I discussed with your husband, and would have shown on the confirmation email that was received, the room you thought you had booked for two nights was in face only booked for one evening. The guest who booked it starting Saturday night had booked that room months prior to your booking.
However, as it was your birthday weekend, I did not want you to miss out on your special weekend which is why I helped to find you accommodations in a different hotel and refunded your deposit. I do hope you enjoyed your birthday weekend once you were able to check in at that location.
Please feel free to call us directly the next time you will be in town. I'm sure that once you have the chance to stay at our hotel you will be pleased.

Reviewed 31 August 2013

We went down for a couple of days, Hotel was good, never stayed in that type of hotel before. It was good, staff was very nice and helpful. I would stay there again. Only negative I found was when we returned from the beach, the room was serviced, But, Only the bed was made. The bathroom was not cleaned and the towels were not replaced. Once I told the front desk, The problem was quickly rectified.

Room Tip: we had room 6, With the porch over looking the lake, Very nice for two
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I'm really happy that you were pleased with your stay. To address the room refresh question, we do our best to conserve where we can. If you towels were hanging up, housekeeping would not have replaced them. I appreciate you noting that the front desk did take care of things for you when you requested it. I am lucky to have a great staff working with me.

Reviewed 26 August 2013

I needed a place for one night in Spring Lake and was lucky to be able to book a room at the Hewitt Wellington. Most places in the summer have a 2 night minimum. I was in one of the large rooms overlooking the lake. It was very spacious and clean. The bed was quite comfortable. The continental breakfast that was included was okay, nothing very special. But the large front porch is a very nice place to sit with one's breakfast. I would definitely stay here again if I were in the area.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Diogenes57
Kathy T, General Manager at Hewitt Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Thank you for letting me know about your stay. I am very happy that you feel lucky to have found us and look forward to having you back again to visit. We do try our best with the breakfast without a kitchen to cook in and I am always looking for new ideas or suggestions to make it better.
The porch is definitely a plus for us to have and I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Hope to see you again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Spring Lake
#2 of 4 in Long Branch
The Asbury Hotel
The Asbury Hotel
#1 of 6 in Asbury Park

Been to Hewitt Wellington? Share your experiences!