“Hewitt Wellington, Spring Lake, NJ”
Review of Hewitt Wellington

Hewitt Wellington
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Spring Lake
Lambertville, New Jersey
“Hewitt Wellington, Spring Lake, NJ”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Beautiful building, perfect location, reasonable prices, clean, caring and friendly staff and it was wonderful to relax on our balcony. Additionally, Whispers Restaurant, within the building is absolutely four star. This was our second visit and we'll be back again.
D & B

Room Tip: There is no fitness center. However, there is an outside heated pool and it's pristine.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Kathy T, General Manager at Hewitt Wellington, responded to this review, 29 September 2013
I'm so glad that you had another great stay with us. We look forward to many more visits with you. We have some great fall specials and our Historic Inns Christmas Tour is coming up soon. Hope to see you there!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
Forked River
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Our daughter got married in Spring Lake on September 20 and we had many out of town guests. The Hewitt was our home base. The bride and her attendants got ready in suites 1 and 2. Hair and makeup professionals had plenty of room to pamper the bride, her 8 attendants, and moms. Hotel manager, Kathy, went well above and beyond to make our three day stay absolutely wonderful, accommodating us with the bridal breakfast and the after party. I can't say enough about her. She is a real gem and made our experience better than we could have imagined. She is an amazing ambassador for the Hewitt Wellington Hotel. Thank you Kathy!

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for writing about your stay. I have to admit, I had a blast with your family and friends. Everyone looked amazing and I love that your entire weekend was spent laughing and having a wonderful time with everyone you were around. As you know, the Hewitt Wellington awaits your return. Perhaps a family reunion??

I hope all is well. Say hi to the bride and groom for us!
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 22 September 2013

We stayed at the Hewitt Wellington this past weekend for a wedding and it was fantastic!!!
The rooms were well kept and the staff was most helpful. Kathy welcomed all the people from out of town with open arms. The porch is a fab place for coffee or drinks. Thank you for your great hospitality - from Buffalo, NY

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for your review. I'm so glad that you had a great stay with us and from what I hear, the wedding was outstanding. I hope that we will get to see you again soon for another relaxing visit. Our porch is always open for you.

Perkasie, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Stayed at the Hewitt Wellington last weekend for September weekend trip to the shore. Our room was very nice and comfortable albeit I thought the mattress was too hard. Our suite was on the third floor, which is fine, but there are no elevators in the building so the trek up and down the steps was difficult for my wife (sore hip) and for me during the move-in/move-out carrying the bags.
The breakfast each morning left a little to be desired, I thought. Coffee, tea, juices, milk, dry cereals, breads, muffins, Danish, scones, microwavable oatmeal, hard-boiled eggs, and some dreadful looking fruit salad. None of the items were remarkable and even seemed a little old or dry.
The location is just 'OK". The main drag in this town is Third Ave and it was on the other side of the lake from the hotel. The beach was a two block walk.
Hotel was clean, the one staff member we ever saw was a young lady behind the counter and she was certainly friendly and helpful.
Did you know that in Spring Lake none of the restaurants serve alcohol (all BYOB) and there are no bars. We didn't know this and it was certainly a surprise to us. I know this isn't a reflection on the hotel but I think it's notable.

Room Tip: Get a low floor room to avoid the steps. Suites are very nice.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us. I'm sorry that your visit to the town of Spring Lake was not perhaps what you had expected. Though the town itself does have some wonderful BYO restaurants, both Spring Lake Heights ( you can walk to that) and Sea Girt do offer restaurants that provide adult beverages.
As the lack of elevator was a concern, please make sure to call or email me directly for your next visit so I can provide you with the best room possible for your needs. We certainly want to make sure that all of our guests have a great stay with us.
Looking forward to seeing you again!

Chatham, New Jersey
Reviewed 16 September 2013

My family stayed in a suite and a room. They were clean and well kept up. The suite was beautiful. My biggest complaint was the European breakfast. It was not appetizing at all. Everything was store bought at a supermarket. Nothing fresh.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Tokyomcqs
Thank you for reviewing your stay with us. I'm glad that you seemed to enjoy the hotel overall. I know that the breakfast was not the top notch you were hoping for. Without a kitchen, it certainly limits what we are able to offer our guests. We do welcome any and all suggestions on items that you may like for your next visit and do our best to incorporate them if possible. Please feel free to call or email me directly if there is something specific you would like to see.

Thank you!
Northern Nj
Reviewed 15 September 2013

My wife and I have stayed here twice and enjoyed ourselves both times. Our room ( #3
Victorian w/Pool Porches) was clean and well appointed with a mini fridge, flat screen TV and a
huge king bed. The porch access to the pool made taking a dip a breeze. The pool was very
clean and not overly chlorinated ( something I can't stand ) but there was no life guard so you
swim at your own risk. Some changes I'd like to see are the the low flow showerhead ( the
present Moen is a poor design that doesn't produce a good spray ) and the free wi-fi isn't
password protected, which means you could be eavesdropped on. The continental breakfast was
delicious and had a nice selection ( bagels, English muffins, cereal, hard boiled eggs, coffee, tea, milk, juices ) and is served from 8 to 10 am.

The location is the best thing about the Hewett, 0.3 mi to the beach and 0.5 mi walking into town. There's a bike rack near the pool so we brought our bikes and saw more of the town than
we did on our first trip. Nothing nicer than walking, biking around town, taking a swim or reading
on the front porch overlooking the lake. A great place to just relax.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Kathy T, General Manager at Hewitt Wellington, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let me know about your stay. It seems that you had a great time here and I'm glad you had the chance to do so many things. The pictures look great as well so thank you for posting them.
We hope to get the chance to see you again soon!

New York, New York, United States
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Hewitt Wellington is an absolute gem. From our spacious room and magical hotel location to the extremely friendly and helpful staff, our stay in Spring Lake was one of the most magical getaways we've ever had. Thanks to Kathy and the rest of the staff for making our stay simply wonderful. We WILL be back again, that's for sure!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Thanks for reviewing your stay. We had a great time with you as well. We love it when we have the opportunity to spend time talking with our guests as we did with you. I hope you are enjoying the book you downloaded as well. I'm still working on getting the one you recommended for me. Hope to see you soon!

Thanks
#4 of 6 in Asbury Park
Spring Lake Inn
Spring Lake Inn
#4 of 8 in Spring Lake

Been to Hewitt Wellington? Share your experiences!